• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 1 Discussion (Other Teams)

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The 2017 NFL Season is finally here! 2016 saw low ratings, controversial anthem protests(that have continued into 2017) and the Patriots coming away with a fifth ring after the biggest choke job in NFL history. Can someone step up in the AFC and take down the mighty Patriots, will the NFC produce a 10th different Conference Champion in the past 12 years(Giants & Seahawks appeared twice) Here we go with Week One!

Chiefs @ Patriots: Last time the Chiefs and Pats opened up the season, Brady got injured and made Matt Cassel a very rich person one year later, ironically with the Chiefs. The Chiefs look to derail the Pats' celebration by scoring a big upset. Giants and Ravens are only SB Champs to lose on opening night.

Jets @ Bills: Josh McCown's "Road to a Franchise QB" was built in Jersey as he will now lead the Jets down the same path that led Tampa to Jameis Winston. Tyrod Taylor is still in concussion protocol meaning 4th round pick Nathan Peterman could start, and pending how long Tyrod is out, could be this year's Dak Prescott.

Eagles @ Redskins: Carson Wentz leads the Eagles to Landover where Kirk Cousins will soak up all that money from Dan Snyder before leaving. In a division that truly anyone can win, this game will be a deciding factor in who wins the division.

Raiders @ Titans: Everyone expects the Titans to take the next step and if so, they will need to win games they aren't supposed to win. This is one of them as Derek Carr and the Raiders come to town. This game will test the Raiders defense that was shaky last year with Mariota having Eric Decker, Corey Davis, Murray and Henry at his disposal.

Bucs @ Dolphins: The Bucs look to continue the NFC South Super Bowl trend while the Dolphins look to return to the playoffs under Jay Cutler. Cutler knowing the offense will be beneficial as long as he doesn't throw to the guys in the red uniforms.

Jaguars @ Texans: I expect the Texans defense to shut out the Jags offense as the Jags will be joining the Jets in the Sam Darnold sweepstakes. We know the defense carries the team, the only question is what week does Watson start?

Cardinals @ Lions: The Cardinals look to get Palmer and Fitzgerald one last ring while Matthew Stafford is swimming in $135M. The Lions remind me of the 49ers before Jim Harbaugh, talented but doesn't have the coaching to take them to the next level. Their defense will be an issue if what we saw against Brady in the preseason is what we will see this season.

Falcons @ Bears: Roses are red, violets are blue, the Bears suck and the Falcons blew a 25 point lead.

Steelers @ Browns: TEN, yes TEN years has come and gone since the Browns last had a winning record. DeShone Kizer becomes the Browns 27th starting QB since 1999 and looks to FINALLY end the QB carosuel and I see a potential upset here. Not fully confident in making it my official upset but one to watch.

Colts @ Rams: If Luck was playing this would be a win for Indy but he's not. Thus the Rams get off to a good start, the only worry here is how many games will Luck miss. If he misses too many it could derail any chances of a rebound when he does play.

Seahawks @ Packers: We know the history between the two teams and this should be another classic. Why this isn't the Sunday Night game is beyond me, expect another close game here and one that could very well determine seeding come January.

Panthers @ 49ers: My Official UPSET of week one. Remember Super Bowl 50 when Cam was hit again, again and again? Yeah... the offensive line still isn't improved, the 49ers defense has some new toys and I expect the 49ers to do what the Broncos did. 49ers stun the Panthers in week one's upset pick.

Giants @ Cowboys: Another year, another year of NBC's obsession with NFC East games on Sunday Night. Cowboys hope Dak doesn't hit the sophomore slump and derail the playoff chances after a big year last year.

Monday Night Football:

Saints @ Vikings: The Vikings got off to a 5-0 start last year and that was it. Adrian Peterson doesn't have to wait to return to Minnesota as he gets the first crack at his old team.

Chargers @ Broncos: The Monday Night Double Header comes to an end in the Mile High City as the Broncos host the Chargers. I expect this to be a defensive game with the Chargers defense taking the next step up under Gus Bradley and Joey Bosa to wreck havoc on Trevor Siemian.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
I was actually just thinking about your week to week posts and when you would post it. Lol

What are the odds that Fournette has a similar down season like Todd Gurley? With Blake Bortles at QB, they're probably gonna stack the box all season.

I'm gonna roll with the Titans over Raiders for my upset of the week.

Tyrod was cleared to start so that should be at least a bit better for Bills fans.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
So goddam hype for this season... Brethren... enjoys these next few days of hope in case our season goes up in flames.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Who does everyone have tonight? Anyone confident in a Chiefs Upset or are we just hopeful that it happens?

K-Dog

MVP
Probably not watching.
I might check in now and then, either on TV or the NFL app.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
As much as I think the Patriots are overrated right now and people talking the 16-0 talk are stupid....

The Patriots will win in Gillette tonight. It will take a few games before I can crown Kareem Hunt good enough to carry that offense. Also am afraid with how many drops Tyreke Hill had that last preseason game. He dropped two gimmes.

I think Chiefs are on the downward spiral tbh.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
I was actually just thinking about your week to week posts and when you would post it. Lol

What are the odds that Fournette has a similar down season like Todd Gurley? With Blake Bortles at QB, they're probably gonna stack the box all season.

I'm gonna roll with the Titans over Raiders for my upset of the week.

Tyrod was cleared to start so that should be at least a bit better for Bills fans.
Difference between Gurley and Fournette... Gurley actually had a great rookie season. I think Fournette struggles because #1 he has been injured, #2 their line is undependable, and #3 their quarterback play has been very lackluster. I think the whole Jaguars team is in for a long season.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
As much as I think the Patriots are overrated right now and people talking the 16-0 talk are stupid....

The Patriots will win in Gillette tonight. It will take a few games before I can crown Kareem Hunt good enough to carry that offense. Also am afraid with how many drops Tyreke Hill had that last preseason game. He dropped two gimmes.

You think we might see Patrick Mahomes if Alex Smith struggles?

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
Elliot Harrison actually picked us to win this week. I'm surprised.

I hope the Chiefs win. Not gonna count on that happening though.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler

I'm not so sure they're on a downward spiral, but they're pretty methodical when moving the football on offense. As far as this game goes, the Pats are gonna use short passes to nullify in pass rush from the Chiefs.

Hunt and Hill have to ball out so they don't become one dimensional.

You think we might see Patrick Mahomes if Alex Smith struggles?

Only if they start losing a lot. They don't give Smith enough space to be disastrous honestly. Depends how they do the first half of the season.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
PATRIOTS in a blowout to instill fear in the rest of the league's heart.

Going to go wash the taste out with bleach...

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I'm looking forward to see the Raiders at Titans game. Should be a cracker to watch. Whoever managed to improve on D more will take this one.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So adjust your fantasy lineup accordingly, Colts without Luck and Aaron Donald will officially move his holdout into the regular season and will not be playing this Sunday against the Colts.

Adam Schefter
7 hrs ·
Facebook Mentions
·
‪No surprise to anyone, but with no recent progress, Rams holdout DT Aaron Donald expected to miss Sunday's regular-season opener ve Colts.‬

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I forgot Belichick was a fellow Marylander until this segment. Say what you will about him but that was cool to see him return to Annapolis High.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Holy shit guys, I'm wearing a hoody, it even feels like football season.

... I like this. Kickoff will do for now but cmon Sunday! Thank fuck GoT and power has played every Sunday for the past 2 months, I wouldn't have survived any other way

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I forgot Belichick was a fellow Marylander until this segment. Say what you will about him but that was cool to see him return to Annapolis High.
Bellichick is easy to hate but you gotta respect his genius. He's the greatest football mind to ever live. There was never one like him and there will never be another like him.

As happy as I am that their time together should probably be winding down soon, I'm sad that such a brilliant football mind is(likely) nearing the end.