• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

RB Thread

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
That's my favourite Penny's play.
Kid is a beast. Has so many breakaway touchdowns, 8 return touchdowns. Not sure where the "lack of top speed" comes from with him. He can have an effect in the passing game as well as we saw in the senior bowl. He just needs to work on his pass blocking but hes the kind of productive college players we tend to draft.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
This guy is gonna be a 3 down back in the NFL.
https://mobile.twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/924503855940894721
Id have a hard time passing on him in the 3rd round

Man I’m a big fan of penny. I wouldn’t flinch at all if we take him in the 2nd even. It can be a 2 headed monster like rice and mcgahee back in rice’s Rookie year before he becomes the lead back. Collins and Penny. But with a bonus, because we know penny can contribute in special teams as a returner.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
According to Matt Miller, we're among the teams that are very high on Derrius Guice.

I would love it, fuck positionnal value this guy is the real deal. My only concern is how will his body hold up his violent style on the long term.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
According to Matt Miller, we're among the teams that are very high on Derrius Guice.

I would love it, fuck positionnal value this guy is the real deal. My only concern is how will his body hold up his violent style on the long term.
To me, is he a guy that would instantly be the #2 on our roster (obviously he has to earn that spot)? Don't get me wrong, RB is an underrated need since every RB we have has question marks: Collins with his constant migraines, is Dixon going to remain clean and healthy, will Buck ever be good enough to be the feature back (me thinks not and he plays ST anyways), and will West even be on the roster next season? However, I'm just hesitant on picking a position that isn't a huge need per se compared to WR, TE, and OL.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
To me, is he a guy that would instantly be the #2 on our roster (obviously he has to earn that spot)? Don't get me wrong, RB is an underrated need since every RB we have has question marks: Collins with his constant migraines, is Dixon going to remain clean and healthy, will Buck ever be good enough to be the feature back (me thinks not and he plays ST anyways), and will West even be on the roster next season? However, I'm just hesitant on picking a position that isn't a huge need per se compared to WR, TE, and OL.
He's instantly number one on the roster. And he's a three down back, so he'll be a lot on the field and he'll make opponents respect the hell out of the play action

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
If it wasn't for the injuries that may scare some, I'd say Guice is a superior prospect to Ezekiel Eliott.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer

So ready for the meltdowns.

ZOMG. NOT A NEED! RB IN ROUND ONE.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
We're targeting Penny in round two. This Guice rumor is a rouse intended so that someone move ahead of us to take him in order that Ridley might more likely be there at sixteen.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
In this exact moment, Derrius Guice is in da house
The only problems I have with drafting Guice is that using a 1st on a RB is stupid. And that would mean the end of Dixon’s chances of being a major contributor. And I really like Dixon.

The only problems I have with drafting Guice is that using a 1st on a RB is stupid. And that would mean the end of Dixon’s chances of being a major contributor. And I really like Dixon.
I love him as a prospect and, as you probably know, I went so far as drafting him in the forum´s game myself with the Hawks.
As you say, though, Ravens Oline looks like a big question mark in RL while the one I built gave me enough confidence to make the pick.
I don´t think that drafting a RB in the 1st is necessarily a bad thing but I´ll agree saying that selecting someone like MkGlinchey will hold better overall value here.