• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

RB Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I would honestly. Barkley would turn this offense around for the better. I don’t think any WR can do that while Flacco is at the helm. Barkley is a better prospect than Zeke and Fournette, and we need that workhorse/safety blanket that can do much more than just run the ball.
Hard to say he’s a better prospect than either of them. I like Barkley and feel he is going to be a very good back, but better. Why do you say that?

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
CBS did a mock draft just recently. They had the Ravens picking at 8th overall and getting Barkley.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
CBS did a mock draft just recently. They had the Ravens picking at 8th overall and getting Barkley.

I saw that mock. No way niners pass on barkley if they sign cousins. Especially with Hyde on his last year this year

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I didn't know about Derrius Guice's story. Man he's been through a lot. Tons of respect and you just sees how much he loves football

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I didn't know about Derrius Guice's story. Man he's been through a lot. Tons of respect and you just sees how much he loves football
I like guice too, he is so goddamn strikingly similar to ray rice it's insane. And I like a RB who just flat out loves football, you want that from guys who touch the ball 20ish times a game

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I like guice too, he is so goddamn strikingly similar to ray rice it's insane. And I like a RB who just flat out loves football, you want that from guys who touch the ball 20ish times a game
Yeah, I love his attitude, he looks to have some Steve Smith in him. He lives for his team and he can put an offense on his back.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I've noticed Guice, too. Really looking forward to watch him next week vs Alabama. Should be pretty good game, I think he'll do much better vs Tide than Fournette.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
If we can’t get Barkley in the 1st, I really hope we trade up in the 2nd to grab Guice. Him and Alex Collins would help Flacco out immensely.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Guice is a top 10 player, he's not going out of the first round
I’ve seen him mocked in the early second. I’m probably just being hopeful because he’s a stud

Not sure why anyone would even mention Barkley. Unless he gets a terrible injury or decks his girlfriend, this guy will probably be the first non-QB off the board. If not that - top 5 seems almost certain.

We could lose the rest of our games and not get him ... and there is no way we're giving away the kind of picks that would be required to move up.

Huh - I guess forget my most recent post ... if major outlets are projecting Barkley to us, then I guess there is reason to mention him.

However, I still don't think we'll be picking in his zone. I think he'll be around 5 ... if not, maybe only a slot or two later. Where we will pick probably just got set back a lot with the win last night (which is fine by me). It is hard to say. There are not many teams with atrocious records and tons of teams hovering at or near .500.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not sure why anyone would even mention Barkley. Unless he gets a terrible injury or decks his girlfriend, this guy will probably be the first non-QB off the board. If not that - top 5 seems almost certain.

We could lose the rest of our games and not get him ... and there is no way we're giving away the kind of picks that would be required to move up.

As we were winning the dolphin game, I pretty much given up on the barkley dream. Time to focus on the next RB to target. Rashaad penny in the 3rd baby!

As we were winning the dolphin game, I pretty much given up on the barkley dream. Time to focus on the next RB to target. Rashaad penny in the 3rd baby!
I still think our #1 need is a talented young WR ... but we all are petrified because we don't have a good track record of selecting/developing young players at that position. I also pains me that TE remains a need, when we invested pretty heavily in that position already in the draft and all we have to show for it is Boyle.

As far as RBs go - we've done a lot of 3rd/4th round selecting at that position with predictable results. I don't know Penny - but if he's projected 3rd round, I'm concerned that he'd be another pedestrian back like the ones we have selected in the past several years. If we grab one, he's got to be a clear difference maker.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I still think our #1 need is a talented young WR ... but we all are petrified because we don't have a good track record of selecting/developing young players at that position. I also pains me that TE remains a need, when we invested pretty heavily in that position already in the draft and all we have to show for it is Boyle.

As far as RBs go - we've done a lot of 3rd/4th round selecting at that position with predictable results. I don't know Penny - but if he's projected 3rd round, I'm concerned that he'd be another pedestrian back like the ones we have selected in the past several years. If we grab one, he's got to be a clear difference maker.
You say that because you don't realize how good the 2018 RB class is.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
You say that because you don't realize how good the 2018 RB class is.
It’s amazing, and I think we should take one, but in the 3rd to 5th. If Collins keeps playing the way he is and with Dixon coming back, hopefully healthy and w/o suspension, we should have a good rb tandem, with a mid round pick.

Last edited:

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
It’s amazing, and I think we should take one, but in the 3rd to 5th. If Collins keeps playing the way he is and with Dixon coming back, hopefully healthy and w/o suspension, we should have a good rb tandem, with a mid round pick.
Yeah, just take John Kelly in the fifth and he complements those two perfectly. That trio would be absolutely electric.