• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

RB Thread

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
You're right - I don't. I count on you guys to keep me informed ;)
I'll keep it simple: the 2018 RB draft class is the best of the last 10 years. It's absurd. There are at least 15 starting caliber RBs. I truly advise you to watch some of them because RB is an easy position to scout and this year's crop is A+

I have to be honest, I really do not want to see us pick a RB in the first two rounds unless Barkley somehow falls to us. I think we need a WR/OLB way more and it's going to kill us badly next season if we don't make an effort to patch things up there.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I have to be honest, I really do not want to see us pick a RB in the first two rounds unless Barkley somehow falls to us. I think we need a WR/OLB way more and it's going to kill us badly next season if we don't make an effort to patch things up there.
I'll include OG in this list as well, at least IMO. Speaking of RBs, does Dixon's suspension count next season or this season even though he's on IR?

I'll include OG in this list as well, at least IMO. Speaking of RBs, does Dixon's suspension count next season or this season even though he's on IR?
I think a G is very much needed, but if we can have four of those five guys on the OL play up to what we expect them to, then it will soften the blow. The same logic cannot be applied to WR/OLB, those have to be at the very top of the priority list.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Jesus Christ, please get Barkley however way you can

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
It actually counts this season.

good.jpg

I think a G is very much needed, but if we can have four of those five guys on the OL play up to what we expect them to, then it will soften the blow. The same logic cannot be applied to WR/OLB, those have to be at the very top of the priority list.
Stanley - Not worried about him. Jensen - Will we retain him or will we lose yet another bidding war? Yanda - How effective will he be? Who will be his replacement? Howard - Serviceable. Siragusa - Will he be effective next season given his nasty injury?

good.jpg

Stanley - Not worried about him. Jensen - Will we retain him or will we lose yet another bidding war? Yanda - How effective will he be? Who will be his replacement? Howard - Serviceable. Siragusa - Will he be effective next season given his nasty injury?
I think it's a much better situation then what we have at WR. I think Joe would be a lot more comfortable if he had someone who can get open/consistent separation. I feel much better about an OL of Stanley-Guard-Yanda-Jensen-Howard, then I would be about our receiving core. We don't really have any one there that makes defenses fear them nor do we have play-makers in terms of YAC. I would absolutely take Ridley over Nelson honestly. I think he's our guy if he's there by our pick. I defiantly agree that we do need a guard, but we will need a WR in the worst way.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think it's a much better situation then what we have at WR. I think Joe would be a lot more comfortable if he had someone who can get open/consistent separation. I feel much better about an OL of Stanley-Guard-Yanda-Jensen-Howard, then I would be about our receiving core. We don't really have any one there that makes defenses fear them nor do we have play-makers in terms of YAC. I would absolutely take Ridley over Nelson honestly. I think he's our guy if he's there by our pick. I defiantly agree that we do need a guard, but we will need a WR in the worst way.
Did you mean to switch Yanda and Jensen?

JAAM

Hall of Famer
BR.com has us taking Guice at 15. I’d be happy with it. Calvin Ridley was taken earlier.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
BR.com has us taking Guice at 15. I’d be happy with it. Calvin Ridley was taken earlier.
Yeah, it's questionnable that we pass on Nelson. But I love Guice, and I think our FO could fall in love with him too. He has a Jabrill Peppers story, a Smith Sr mentality, a Ray Rice skillset in a Zeke body.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Yeah, it's questionnable that we pass on Nelson. But I love Guice, and I think our FO could fall in love with him too. He has a Jabrill Peppers story, a Smith Sr mentality, a Ray Rice skillset in a Zeke body.
I can’t remember if Nelson was taken before that pick. I know Mike McGlinchey was though. I’d love to have Guice here

JAAM

Hall of Famer