• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 1 Baltimore Ravens @ Cincinnati Bengals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Listen, I'm definitely proud of how our defense stood up today! And, I am glad that the offense was able to at least put up 2 TD's but I really disliked that run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run b.s. that they pulled in that game. With Wallace, Maclin and Perriman, I wanted to see the offense open up and be more aggressive.

Perhaps it was done to protect Flacco being that it was his first game back and they wanted to lessen the amount of contact he'd receive? I get it! I'm just wondering, why they may have felt a need to do that since he didn't practice or play in preseason? He should be fine. Right? Unless, there is something more going on with his back than being reported? Just curious...

Joe took some massive hits and kept on ticking. While his health in general may be a concern(no one wants their QB to be pummeled) it looks like his back is a non issue. And it was the first time all 11 of those guys played together, we shouldn't expect mid season form from an offense with exactly zero experience together as a group. Given the hand they were dealt they played smart, winning football.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Would be nice to have him back for pburgh, but I'm not too hopeful of that. Seeing a small sample of what he could provide is a painful tease.
For sure man, he looked like the missing link that made this offense finally click. Looks like whenever a team doesn't have LB that can cover you put Woody at RB and he's gonna feast.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Would be nice to have him back for pburgh, but I'm not too hopeful of that. Seeing a small sample of what he could provide is a painful tease.

I agree and that is why I wasn't too happy about the Raven acquiring his services.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
You are overthinking it. Running the ball drains the clock. From halftime on the Bengals needed 3 scores. Nothing they did on offense suggested they could get 3 scores so they Ravens ran the ball to drain the clock.

I don't believe that I'm over thinking it as you put it @Adreme just curious. I already know what running the ball does man. However, my questioning the excessiveness of it actually lies in the fact that they won't be able to do that against every team. Therefore, why not get some in game "experience" with your receiving core of Wallace, Maclin and Perriman? Open up that offense! After all, Look what that quick strike to Maclin produced.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't believe that I'm over thinking it as you put it @Adreme just curious. I already know what running the ball does man. However, my questioning the excessiveness of it actually lies in the fact that they won't be able to do that against every team. Therefore, why not get some in game "experience" with your receiving core of Wallace, Maclin and Perriman? Open up that offense! After all, Look what that quick strike to Maclin produced.

It's a matter of risk reward though. You have taken a divisional rival that traditionally gives you trouble out of the game on the road. Sure you can try and pad and get it to 30-0 but that doesn't make the win count for more.

On the other hand, one bad turnover and they are back in it.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's a matter of risk reward though. You have taken a divisional rival that traditionally gives you trouble out of the game on the road. Sure you can try and pad and get it to 30-0 but that doesn't make the win count for more.

On the other hand, one bad turnover and they are back in it.

True! Great pointsI

I guess after all of this "This is the best receiving core that Joe's has ever had" talk prior to the season, I wanted to see what they could do in comparison to other receiving cores (i.e. steelers, raiders and packers etc.). Those guys on those teams came out looking crisp, confident and dominant and it seemed as though moving the chains came so easily to them. I just want our boys to look the same way.

The Greek

Veteran
sucks about woodhead but this is why keeping smoke should had been the smart move with woodheads past injury history. hope danny heals up quickly.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
ZDS injury is more ankle than knee apparently... Not necessarily good news but usually ankle injuries are less likely to be season ending ones.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
ZDS injury is more ankle than knee apparently... Not necessarily good news but usually ankle injuries are less likely to be season ending ones.
Sounds like a high ankle sprain which is why he couldn't put any wait on it. Now if it's broken, that's season ending

Status
Not open for further replies.