• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Volume WR, Who is it Gonna Be?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Maclin has one of the most reliable hands in the NFL. Was number one in that aspect in 2015 according to PFF (2nd was Witten)
Yes, I think they go after Maclin, but in the end it may be a team that has more cap space that lands him, i.e. browns

Last edited:

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yes, I think they go after Marlon, but in the end it may be a team that has more cap space that lands him, i.e. browns

I would think 4 years 30-35 million would get it done and you can spread out the cap hit so it is not as bad in the first year and more into the 2nd year where the Ravens have more room then they need

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Maclin has one of the most reliable hands in the NFL. Was number one in that aspect in 2015 according to PFF (2nd was Witten)

Refer to next post. I didn't realize his drop rate or "hands" were that good, but what routes was he running? How often over the middle and we also don't have an Andy Reid drawing up plays for our offense.

I would think 4 years 30-35 million would get it done and you can spread out the cap hit so it is not as bad in the first year and more into the 2nd year where the Ravens have more room then they need

This is another reason I'd prefer Boldin. I don't want to give out a long term big money deal to a wr who will most likely be on the decline. If we don't make a trade for a wr, I just think it's smarter to wait until next year to make a real move for a piece at the position.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Refer to next post. I didn't realize his drop rate or "hands" were that good, but what routes was he running? How often over the middle and we also don't have an Andy Reid drawing up plays for our offense.

This is another reason I'd prefer Boldin. I don't want to give out a long term big money deal to a wr who will most likely be on the decline. If we don't make a trade for a wr, I just think it's smarter to wait until next year to make a real move for a piece at the position.
Well, from what I've seen he ran a lot of slant routes and crossing patterns, that type of short throws, Alex Smith style.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer

Prior to KC, he led the league with seven receptions of at least 50 yards in his last two years in Philli. He likes to go deep; he just never had that in KC.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Prior to KC, he led the league with seven receptions of at least 50 yards in his last two years in Philli. He likes to go deep; he just never had that in KC.
That's a very good point. With Alex Smith he had no opportunities for thr deep ball.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Well, from what I've seen he ran a lot of slant routes and crossing patterns, that type of short throws, Alex Smith style.

Ok. That's what I meant. How many were tough catches over the middle or in traffic. Really didn't watch the Chiefs enough to know how he performed, but I do know I'm not too big on picking him up for an extended time.

I know about his big play potential, but I think the team needs someone who will be able to go and make contested catches and I personally just don't think Maclin is that guy. If it's a one year deal I'm good with it.

Also, just watched the OTA video and saw two picks that bounced off wrs hands that should have been easy catches. This should be interesting.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Ok. That's what I meant. How many were tough catches over the middle or in traffic. Really didn't watch the Chiefs enough to know how he performed, but I do know I'm not too big on picking him up for an extended time.

I know about his big play potential, but I think the team needs someone who will be able to go and make contested catches and I personally just don't think Maclin is that guy. If it's a one year deal I'm good with it.

Also, just watched the OTA video and saw two picks that bounced off wrs hands that should have been easy catches. This should be interesting.
Yeah I'm not sure he's a guy who's going to bring in the tough contested catches, his game is more about creating separation and then creating a lot of YAC with speed and toughness.

Sooky

Pro Bowler

He definitely did not fit the Chiefs offense. Reminds me a little of Wallace in Minnesota before coming here. Deep threat never used as a deep threat. It would be interesting to have three 'deep threats' on the roster, but I do think that Wallace's route running has already surprised a lot of people after last year, and I do think people will be shocked with Perriman's development.