• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Volume WR, Who is it Gonna Be?

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I would like Perriman to be that guy, but somehow this kid has emotional issues vis-a-vis confidence. He seems like a good kid that is over sensitive. That doesn't bode well for the rough and tumble NFL. But, if he can get his act togehter and gets going, he'll be terrific. I am rooting for him to realize his full potential.

this is something i said when we drafted him. His persona and attitude doesn't seem to correlate with the better WR's in this league.
[doublepost=1495448335,1495448165][/doublepost]
Id rather a season ending injury than the ones that linger, you never get healthy that way, trying to play through. And we honestly dont know what BP is compared to Watkins, now obviously Watkins has done it and looks a notch above BP, but i wouldnt be shocked to see BP hit 1k yards this season. Also, sometimes availability is the best ability.

for me, getting 1000 yards is only half of the truth I want in a top receiver. It has to be an efficient 1000.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I would like Perriman to be that guy, but somehow this kid has emotional issues vis-a-vis confidence. He seems like a good kid that is over sensitive. That doesn't bode well for the rough and tumble NFL. But, if he can get his act togehter and gets going, he'll be terrific. I am rooting for him to realize his full potential.
To be fair, he missed his rookie season, lost his best friend, and almost lost his dad. That's a lot to go through in a year.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
What are you referring to then? I can't remember any other instances.

Just watching his interviews after the draft and leading into summer. There is a spectrum of demeanors you find in top players and he doesn't seem to have it. He seems timid and kinda beta in attitude.

It's her overall aura/persona. Doesn't mean you have to be rar rar but mentally i don't think he ever had it.
He's the opposite of a steve smith for instance. Not saying you have to be exactly like that but he doesn't even remind me of the other type of confident receiver ala boldin/fitzgerald or calvin johnson

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Just watching his interviews after the draft and leading into summer. There is a spectrum of demeanors you find in top players and he doesn't seem to have it. He seems timid and kinda beta in attitude.

It's her overall aura/persona. Doesn't mean you have to be rar rar but mentally i don't think he ever had it.
He's the opposite of a steve smith for instance. Not saying you have to be exactly like that but he doesn't even remind me of the other type of confident receiver ala boldin/fitzgerald or calvin johnson
Calvin Johnson is one of the quietest, most shy, and most humble receivers to have ever played. He hardly exuded this aura of alpha dog. He was the type to let his play talk, not his actual words.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Calvin Johnson is one of the quietest, most shy, and most humble receivers to have ever played. He hardly exuded this aura of alpha dog. He was the type to let his play talk, not his actual words.

Yes, thats what i meant but there are subtilties. It's my hunch. I think what you saw from perriman last year is the type of guy we drafted. An inconsistent WR who can drop a lot and struggle but out of nowhere make 1 big play in a game.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
I love Lee and was a huge advocate for him in 2014 when he was coming out of the draft, but he's such a frail, small wide receiver that injuries will likely always be a concern for him.
[doublepost=1495404337,1495404124][/doublepost]
I would not want him in the slot because he struggles catching in traffic and fighting through contested catches.

He's at his best when he's on the outside and can fight single coverage.

Marqise catches well in traffic when he has to. He is awesome at gaining separation. Very sudden in his routes and disguises them very well. When you can get open you won't be making many contested catches but he really can when he has to. His highlights focus on his big plays but he makes contested catches

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Calvin and Andre Johnson were both somewhat timid. I think perriman was a little shell shocked at first but he seemed to come into his own towards the end, when he made a big play he was showing some fire, he was making himself seen.

He definitely isn't well spoken, I think he's a little shy to talk because hes an ugly guy who talks weird. But I actually think he's got a quiet confident demeanor. He seems to me like when he talks he believes in what he says, like when he says he wants to be the guy he really thinks he will be.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Calvin and Andre Johnson were both somewhat timid. I think perriman was a little shell shocked at first but he seemed to come into his own towards the end, when he made a big play he was showing some fire, he was making himself seen.

He definitely isn't well spoken, I think he's a little shy to talk because hes an ugly guy who talks weird. But I actually think he's got a quiet confident demeanor. He seems to me like when he talks he believes in what he says, like when he says he wants to be the guy he really thinks he will be.
I also think it helped his confidence by staying healthy during the season.

usmccharles

Practice Squad
Yes, thats what i meant but there are subtilties. It's my hunch. I think what you saw from perriman last year is the type of guy we drafted. An inconsistent WR who can drop a lot and struggle but out of nowhere make 1 big play in a game.
I think your just over-analyzing because of how much you hated this pick. As the year went on you could easily see him getting the hang out of it and getting more comfortable. I see nothing what you see in his demeanor. And to be fair, i didnt like the pick

wrongbaldy

Practice Squad
What are you referring to then? I can't remember any other instances.
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...s-Moment/4a619a41-07e6-46b5-8353-1b400221f42c

"There’s also just the personal growth. The off-field difficulties are further in the rearview mirror. Perriman, who admitted he hardly talked to anyone but Walker his rookie year, is coming out of his shell and said he’s enjoying joking around with his teammates."

he also said last year that he was in the gutter after his pcl injury.

i never liked the perriman pick. he is a fast guy that can make contested catches but he doesnt look like a consistent #1 Wr that we need.
he will make splash plays but then also make few drops.

i think he would of been a better pick in the 2nd round.

like sami said, he doesnt seem to have the IT factor
[doublepost=1495512343,1495512256][/doublepost]

megatron was tough as nails. dude would play with some of the nastiest injuries.
he is a real freak of nature. and he did have a mean streak to him

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
So, for those who have seen the little clip from the first day of OTA, you see Perriman making a back shoulder catch for a big gain. I'm pretty sure he couldn't make a back shoulder catch last year, and the timing with Joe was perfect... Starting to believe he's progressed.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
So, for those who have seen the little clip from the first day of OTA, you see Perriman making a back shoulder catch for a big gain. I'm pretty sure he couldn't make a back shoulder catch last year, and the timing with Joe was perfect... Starting to believe he's progressed.

Don't care about OTA's. It's nice to see a play or two or three or 20..
Needs to show me in real, meaningful games before i say he's taken it to another level

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Don't care about OTA's. It's nice to see a play or two or three or 20..
Needs to show me in real, meaningful games before i say he's taken it to another level
Yeah I was expecting this kind of answer, and of course I'm not biting some sort of hype, I'm just pointing that among the 5 or 6 aspects of his game that he has to clean up, the clip showed that one looks way better. There still are some question marks but I'm happy to see something that's been cruelly missing last year.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Ec
we could even dive deeper into this as well. Jerry Rice, Art Monk and Steve Leargemt were all pretty darn humble receivers. You definitely don't have to be an alpha dog to be a great receiver.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
For me its simple really..

either we go for a legit boldin style trade

-sammy watkins
- jarvis Landry

or we just go with what we have and see if we can unearth some talents.

I want a clearcut upgrade..not just more of the same .
What makes you think Landry would be available?