• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Volume WR, Who is it Gonna Be?

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Dolphins have made no efforts to sign him to a long term deal. Doesn't mean he is available, but doesn't me he isn't.
they also are in a worse cap situation than us .

Our cap situation isn't to bad especially if Suggs retires after this yr. we really should make a run at Marqise. Jags prob won't resign him and drafted Westbrook whom I believe to be better than Ross. The dude is an explosive route runner that disguises his routes very naturally. Can make big plays and turn short throws to long. He is better intermediate in traffic if you watch the games. His highlights spotlight his big plays but he is really good intermediate

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Dolphins have made no efforts to sign him to a long term deal. Doesn't mean he is available, but doesn't me he isn't.
I wonder what it would take to get a trade done? He's only making $900,000 this year. But on top of the draft picks, we'll have to shell out huge money to retain him. Not really Ozzie's forte, but I'd LOVE Landry to be a Raven.

usmccharles

Practice Squad
I wonder what it would take to get a trade done? He's only making $900,000 this year. But on top of the draft picks, we'll have to shell out huge money to retain him. Not really Ozzie's forte, but I'd LOVE Landry to be a Raven.
Yea thats the question, the draft pick i dont mind as much because you know what you are getting, like you said, the problem is the 10+mill contract a year hes going to get. He would be great to have here and honestly i would be ok with it. I have been adamant about the FO not ever giving Joe a legit weapon, so if that means we have to go get a guy and pay him the big bucks, im starting to come around to it. Not sold, but not hating it as much. Imagine BP and Landry for the next 3 years, but i dont see the FO making any big moves with them not knowing what they have in BP

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Yea thats the question, the draft pick i dont mind as much because you know what you are getting, like you said, the problem is the 10+mill contract a year hes going to get. He would be great to have here and honestly i would be ok with it. I have been adamant about the FO not ever giving Joe a legit weapon, so if that means we have to go get a guy and pay him the big bucks, im starting to come around to it. Not sold, but not hating it as much. Imagine BP and Landry for the next 3 years, but i dont see the FO making any big moves with them not knowing what they have in BP

Yep and it sure is better than needing a WR. And needing a WR even after using draft picks and failing. That way you know you have a young legit receiver.. I prefer Marqise but would take Landry, Matthews, Watkins Agholor

jdynamite

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ordinarily I don't put too much into the offseason hype reports especially after BR.com put out all those articles praising guys like Elam, R.Melvin or J.Butler as break out studs.

But I like what I've read about Perriman so far looking impressive early on. I've seen in on other media outside the team site. I even saw some quotes from Pitta praising his improvement.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Ordinarily I don't put too much into the offseason hype reports especially after BR.com put out all those articles praising guys like Elam, R.Melvin or J.Butler as break out studs.

But I like what I've read about Perriman so far looking impressive early on. I've seen in on other media outside the team site. I even saw some quotes from Pitta praising his improvement.

Let's see. I never warmed to Perriman as a round1 pick and a No.1 WR. But I do root for him and moore

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
As much as some of you are against the anquan boldin resigning, my gut feeling tells me it's going to happen.
We're going to sign a Vet WR at some point. Ozzie isn't in a hurry. Probably waiting to see who gets cut, or maybe he's got the verbal from boldin since boldin doesn't want to sign until later in training camp. Also, Looking at our roster, we got these WRs all with single digit numbers all while #81 is still available. Hmmm

Three eyed Raven

Practice Squad
I'd love to have Boldin back. He's a perfect fit for what we need... Excellent hands, runs crisp routes, fights for every ball, excellent blocker, Already great chemistry with Flacco.
[doublepost=1495979010,1495978812][/doublepost]Perryman, Wallace, and Boldin with Pitta, Max Williams, and Danny Woodcraft would be some nice weapons. The key is the O-line, and the running game getting going early

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I've always thought we didn't need boldin because at this stage of his career, he and pitta are the same type of player. Short yardage, sure handed pass catchers. But with news of pitta going down and mike camp prove, yet again, he will always be hurt, does this make other people who didn't care for boldin reconsider?