• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lack of Ravens YouTube Coverage

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
That's awesome that you're bringing the NFL to France!
Well our site is purely draft based, there is a very well done site covering the NFL but I don't have anyting to do with it. The french community is a small one (~5000) but it is pretty active.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Alright so nothing is set in stone but yea staff is working on this all right now. I think it would be a great idea to have both a podcast center more linked with the sight and a youtube channel (also linked with the sight, but obviously on youtube) 100% for rotating members and callins, questions posted ect. We will keep you guys updated.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
At least downing has presentation skills. This dude is monotone af
yeah, really a shame that its the only ravens channel on youtube. we gotta represent better than this, and i would love to be one of a group to do it, i just dont want a one man show for a youtube channel, thats boring.

the folks on these boards could really put together a good channel, assuming our voices work and what not

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
yeah, really a shame that its the only ravens channel on youtube. we gotta represent better than this, and i would love to be one of a group to do it, i just dont want a one man show for a youtube channel, thats boring.

the folks on these boards could really put together a good channel, assuming our voices work and what not
We can hire Morgan Freeman for voice overs.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Drop a link in here.

Quick Backstory: I moved to North Carolina to go to Broadcasting School. I wanted to do sports broadcasting for a living, either in NASCAR or NFL. When in broadcasting school, one of my classmates suggested to have radio names for everyone. I thought whatever, I wanted to be on TV. He came up with a name for me, and since then "Money Mike" has stuck with me. Fast forward a year later and my broadcasting school had it's own radio station, thus I created my own Football Show entitled "The Front Seven Podcast" and this is the podcast that is mainly on my channel. I wrote briefly for a football website and after it shut down I felt a void around the 2015 NFL Draft. I hated not having some outlet to discuss NFL, so I bought me a microphone and I had audio editing software on my computer, I took the "Front Seven Podcast" and started doing it from home.

I do discuss WWE(90% of the time) with the occasional talk about Video Games and NASCAR on my other podcast called "The Everything Else Podcast", and thinking about fully dropping that to do a specific wrestling podcast since I spend most of the EE Podcast discussing wrestling anyway.

One of the things that really suck for anyone who wants to do sports broadcasting especially within NFL, they hire so many ex players as soon as they retire. I also notice they all shuffle analysts and insiders around that Sports Networks aren't creating new "stars" to use a wrestling analogy where it's just hey, so and so retired. Or Rex Ryan doesn't have a job, so let's have him call a game. Schefter was on NFL Network as their insider, then left for ESPN to be their insider. Skip Bayless went from ESPN to FOX Sports.

All well.... maybe I can just hope to be a sideline reporter having the time of my life!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWA9T_qzr76XHWs_fypib_Q?view_as=subscriber

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Are there other places online where one can access each running play cut up for them?
Every sack and pressure, etc.?

He doesn't talk x's and 'os to be sure but I appreciate the cut up video stuff.

His channel put out video from open practices that was way, way way better than anything on Baltimore Ravens.com and he has to be given credit for getting wine in bottle.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I just discovered this guy watching the re-run on NFL network.

We need him
"Coach Harbaugh is on the sidelines with his vodoo dolls to ensure that David Johnson does not come back healthy, this is news to him because in 1992 he partook in a necromancy course at the University of Michigan, and he WAS HAVING THE TIME OF HIS LIFE.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Are there other places online where one can access each running play cut up for them?
Every sack and pressure, etc.?

He doesn't talk x's and 'os to be sure but I appreciate the cut up video stuff.

His channel put out video from open practices that was way, way way better than anything on Baltimore Ravens.com and he has to be given credit for getting wine in bottle.
That is actually the other guy on the channel who does that. I'm not sure what his name is, but he does the tech stuff and goes to the games, makes the highlights. Jason legit just reads off news articles in a boring voice. Oh forgot, gives his insight about how CJ Mosley and Flacco are players that matter to the team.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
That is actually the other guy on the channel who does that. I'm not sure what his name is, but he does the tech stuff and goes to the games, makes the highlights. Jason legit just reads off news articles in a boring voice. Oh forgot, gives his insight about how CJ Mosley and Flacco are players that matter to the team.
And his opinions are horrible. He called our draft a losers draft and said Tim Williams is nothing more than a project. Say what you want about Downing and Mink being hype men(which, let's be fair, they are), Mink at the very least seems like a likeable guy I want to go out and have a beer with. Downing, well it honestly depends on the day but he's clearly my least favorite of the two; but at least he has an ubeat personality. And the two are actually very skilled presenters. They clearly command your attention when they're talking, they have positive attitudes, and occasionally offer a decent joke in there as well.

Jason from the Ravens space is monotone, has no presentation skills whatsoever, his lack of a fashion is utterly distracting(seriously dude, you're not wearing a tie, unbutton the top button of your damn button down. Okay this is a nitpick on my part, but anyone else get annoyed by this? It's uncomfortable as all hell and makes me feel horrible too), and he's very condescending. It makes his show almost unbearable to watch at times. I have to give him credit for trying, but ultimately(having relationships with some of you outside of the forum) I believe that we could kick his ass up and down the street. WE HAVE PERSONALITIES HERE THAT COULD MAKE THIS WORK.

@RavensMania has a relaxed demeanor, and can keep his cool even in the most heated situations, and he's a very skilled speaker and presenter. Overall, he's incredibly likeable and generally knows his football(If I'm ever in the DC Area , Beer is on me). @The Raven is a very talented writer who is very passionate about the team, as is @BmoreBird22. @Truth is very analytical with a quick wit, and is a very skilled debater with a generally likeable demeanor(I say generally because I've been on the other side of debates with you. It's not fun being on the losing side of those lol) who ultimatley is one of my top confidants when I'm scouting prospects. @Cville-Raven is a very funny poster who has above average knowledge of the game. And @Lost_In_Translation, well... he's a fucking asshole. Let's be honest. Dude needs to shut the fuck up and stop cursing so damn much. What a bitch. Knows nothing about football and will probably be homeless in three months.

But my point is we have a passionate, talented group of fans here who are very smart and know the game well. That's far more than I can say about Jason from "The Ravens Space". So, yes I'd be very much in favor of doing a podcast. Hell, I feel as if I'd be good at helping out behind the scenes(making the plan for the topics to talk about, formatting the show, etc). I want media. Because honestly, there isn't any informative Ravens Media out there.

It also pisses me the fuck off that Jason claims that his site has the "best Baltimore Ravens content on the internet". This website is far better than his is, has more informative fans, and moreover IS INTERESTING. We should produce content. It wouldn't be a competition. We just need to find a talented sound editor, and we can do a weekly podcast.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
And his opinions are horrible. He called our draft a losers draft and said Tim Williams is nothing more than a project. Say what you want about Downing and Mink being hype men(which, let's be fair, they are), Mink at the very least seems like a likeable guy I want to go out and have a beer with. Downing, well it honestly depends on the day but he's clearly my least favorite of the two; but at least he has an ubeat personality. And the two are actually very skilled presenters. They clearly command your attention when they're talking, they have positive attitudes, and occasionally offer a decent joke in there as well.

Jason from the Ravens space is monotone, has no presentation skills whatsoever, his lack of a fashion is utterly distracting(seriously dude, you're not wearing a tie, unbutton the top button of your damn button down. Okay this is a nitpick on my part, but anyone else get annoyed by this? It's uncomfortable as all hell and makes me feel horrible too), and he's very condescending. It makes his show almost unbearable to watch at times. I have to give him credit for trying, but ultimately(having relationships with some of you outside of the forum) I believe that we could kick his ass up and down the street. WE HAVE PERSONALITIES HERE THAT COULD MAKE THIS WORK.

@RavensMania has a relaxed demeanor, and can keep his cool even in the most heated situations, and he's a very skilled speaker and presenter. Overall, he's incredibly likeable and generally knows his football(If I'm ever in the DC Area , Beer is on me). @The Raven is a very talented writer who is very passionate about the team, as is @BmoreBird22. @Truth is very analytical with a quick wit, and is a very skilled debater with a generally likeable demeanor(I say generally because I've been on the other side of debates with you. It's not fun being on the losing side of those lol) who ultimatley is one of my top confidants when I'm scouting prospects. @Cville-Raven is a very funny poster who has above average knowledge of the game. And @Lost_In_Translation, well... he's a fucking asshole. Let's be honest. Dude needs to shut the fuck up and stop cursing so damn much. What a bitch. Knows nothing about football and will probably be homeless in three months.

But my point is we have a passionate, talented group of fans here who are very smart and know the game well. That's far more than I can say about Jason from "The Ravens Space". So, yes I'd be very much in favor of doing a podcast. Hell, I feel as if I'd be good at helping out behind the scenes(making the plan for the topics to talk about, formatting the show, etc). I want media. Because honestly, there isn't any informative Ravens Media out there.

It also pisses me the fuck off that Jason claims that his site has the "best Baltimore Ravens content on the internet". This website is far better than his is, has more informative fans, and moreover IS INTERESTING. We should produce content. It wouldn't be a competition. We just need to find a talented sound editor, and we can do a weekly podcast.

And @Militant X 1 has a very cool demeanor about himself when it comes to addressing issues about the team. That cat isn't going to get caught up in all of the technical lingo as other fans (he leaves that to those who love that type of stuff) but he mostly keeps it real based upon what his own eyes see. Something that is easy for him to do because he doesn't drink the purple kool-aid as most.

I couldn't resist LT. :D:D:cool:

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
And @Militant X 1 has a very cool demeanor about himself when it comes to addressing issues about the team. That cat isn't going to get caught up in all of the technical lingo as other fans (he leaves that to those who love that type of stuff) but he mostly keeps it real based upon what his own eyes see. Something that is easy for him to do because he doesn't drink the purple kool-aid as most.

I couldn't resist LT. :D:D:cool:
At least we can both agree that Lost is a moron

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lack of Youtube coverage for the Ravens huh?

Ummm....44-7 blowout loss to the Jaguars. Yep! That's a great reason for the lack of coverage.