• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Trade for AP?

donnydanger

Practice Squad
Should we try to trade for AP? With Woodhead going down and T West and Buck not being great backs do we need him. He can't catch but he can still get it done between the tackles. Stupid idea?

Serrell Tuggs

Practice Squad
Can he still get it done between the tackles? It's been a couple of years and a lot of teams passed on him. I feel like we've got power backs, it's a receiving back we could do with. We could trade something very tiny for Mizzell maybe. He won't see much action ahead of Cohen.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I don't want Peterson. He's done.
Plus, all that brings back too many memories of Ray Rice and makes me angry.

Last edited:
I watched the Saints game because I was curious to see if he had lost a step, he didnt get much room because their line was so bad but bounced it out once or twice. He didnt look as strong as he used to be but would still torch West or Buck in a footrace.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
NOPE - both in terms of what he brings ability wise at this point and schematically wise this would be a bad idea

- even if he is better than west and allen at this point, he's still running behind an average run-blocking line (at this point) and he's still doing the same thing those guys do - RBs are gonna have to catch passes (especially early on in the year) and AP has hands made of lead that have been welded together

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
We should put the poll up:

Will it be:

1] F. Toussaint via trade with Shitsburgh
2] FA Bobby Rainey
3] FA Lorenzo Taliaferro

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
We need an elusive RB with good hands for third and 6, AP does not fit that mold. I wish we had Dixon back.

Dixon would be so nice right now. A receiving back is needed. It made Flaccos job a hell of a lot easier and eased him into the game which he'll need going forward.

After our 2013 game. #NeverForget lol

Adrian Peterson used some harsh words to describe Baltimore Ravens fans on Sunday.

"They've got the worst fans in the NFL," Peterson said following the Minnesota Vikings' heartbreaking 29-26 loss in Baltimore. "(They were) throwing snowballs the entire fourth quarter, like kids.
We need an elusive RB with good hands for third and 6, AP does not fit that mold. I wish we had Dixon back.

Good thing we kept Mizzell *sigh*

hawkprey

Practice Squad
Being forced into a situational role in New Orleans doesn't give him the motivation to succeed. If he was brought here and inserted as a starter, he'd probably look like a different person. Just my opinion. Although I still like the backs we have so I'm not that interested.