• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Breshad Perriman (why does he have his own thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
CJ Moseley was signed by Mike Macagnan as a means of moving on from Darron Lee. So Mac drafted a SOFT little twerp and paid him for 3 seasons. Then, after he realized Lee was a soft, little twerp, he decided to fix the issue by WAY overpaying Mosley. Are you starting to understand now? Are you catching my drift? Mac had NO business EVER being a GM and I'd be very surprised if he ever got another GM job. Now, JD has been forced to unfuck all of Mac's mistakes and build the team. I could also mention all kinds of wrong with the Leveon Bell contract, but you should be understanding now. JD was very wise to ask for a 6 year contract. The Jets are fucked on so many levels, it's going to take a while for Douglas to fix the Jets if he's capable.
I forgot that they changed GMs during the season. It’s such an outlandish thing for a gm to give 2 mega deals and overpay tf out of low value positions and then get fired weeks later, that I just forgot it happened lol.

I did like the jets draft class despite not liking becton where you took him, I had him as the dead last first round OT

Mainejet

Practice Squad
I forgot that they changed GMs during the season. It’s such an outlandish thing for a gm to give 2 mega deals and overpay tf out of low value positions and then get fired weeks later, that I just forgot it happened lol.

I did like the jets draft class despite not liking becton where you took him, I had him as the dead last first round OT

Well, we shall see if #11 was worth it. I personally think it was, but we will see.....

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Well, we shall see if #11 was worth it. I personally think it was, but we will see.....
It was worth a shot for sure, if you gotta replace Anderson on the cheap, perriman isn’t a bad place to start, just be prepared for the maddening inconsistency, and also mentally prepare yourself for at least one game breaking blunder, like real boneheaded shit that loses you the game, perriman is very prone to it.

Mainejet

Practice Squad
I was referring to Mekhi Becton? Joe Douglas selected Mekhi Becton at #11 overall. It's been a while so I can update this situation. Brett Perrimen made a few catches for us and then went out injured. He hasn't played since week 2 and he won't be back until week 5. Mekhi Becton has turned out to be a straight up STUD so far. Completely dominated, in fact pancaked, Jerry Hughes in the opener. Had another excellent performance against SF. He played well into the second quarter in Indy and went out with a shoulder injury. I'm hearing he could be back for tonight's game? If you're watching Jets tonight on NFL network, pay special attention to Mekhi Becton if he does play. A true joy to watch and most definitely the best player on the Jets so far this season. Adam Gase, is a complete clusterfuck of a HC. I'm so turned off by him. Word is he's lost the team. Chris Johnson and Joe Douglas have already made several inquiries about replacing him. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear they'll fire him after tonight. Jets are looking at collegiate coaches right now.......

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I was referring to Mekhi Becton? Joe Douglas selected Mekhi Becton at #11 overall. It's been a while so I can update this situation. Brett Perrimen made a few catches for us and then went out injured. He hasn't played since week 2 and he won't be back until week 5. Mekhi Becton has turned out to be a straight up STUD so far. Completely dominated, in fact pancaked, Jerry Hughes in the opener. Had another excellent performance against SF. He played well into the second quarter in Indy and went out with a shoulder injury. I'm hearing he could be back for tonight's game? If you're watching Jets tonight on NFL network, pay special attention to Mekhi Becton if he does play. A true joy to watch and most definitely the best player on the Jets so far this season. Adam Gase, is a complete clusterfuck of a HC. I'm so turned off by him. Word is he's lost the team. Chris Johnson and Joe Douglas have already made several inquiries about replacing him. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear they'll fire him after tonight. Jets are looking at collegiate coaches right now.......

yeah mekhi becton already looks like the best player on the jets even as a rookie now that jamal adams is gone

if there was one thing breshad perriman was more known for than dropping the ball it was for being injured the whole time

Mainejet

Practice Squad
yeah mekhi becton already looks like the best player on the jets even as a rookie now that jamal adams is gone

if there was one thing breshad perriman was more known for than dropping the ball it was for being injured the whole time

The game last night turned out much as I thought it would? The Jets are so gashed with injuries that they can't even be good even if they had a competent front office. Even worse, Joe Douglas ' draft choices look like shi t right now. Most, if not all, have been extensively injured. Perhaps Douglas doesn't understand that you MUST get rookie participation in order to win?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The game last night turned out much as I thought it would? The Jets are so gashed with injuries that they can't even be good even if they had a competent front office. Even worse, Joe Douglas ' draft choices look like shi t right now. Most, if not all, have been extensively injured. Perhaps Douglas doesn't understand that you MUST get rookie participation in order to win?

i mean you cant blame the GM for his draft picks being injured and/or the coach not playing them

you can blame them for bad picks but its hard to call a draft choice a shit one without giving them time

mekhi becton looks awful so he nailed that one and denzel mims was one of the favourite WR prospects on this board

Jabari Zuniga was a guy i liked a lot and i know there were guys here who liked lamical perrine

ashtyn davis was good value where he was taken and so was bryce hall

Mainejet

Practice Squad
i mean you cant blame the GM for his draft picks being injured and/or the coach not playing them

you can blame them for bad picks but its hard to call a draft choice a shit one without giving them time

mekhi becton looks awful so he nailed that one and denzel mims was one of the favourite WR prospects on this board

Jabari Zuniga was a guy i liked a lot and i know there were guys here who liked lamical perrine

ashtyn davis was good value where he was taken and so was bryce hall
I
the ONLY guy that's been worth a shit, at least so far, is Becton and maybe the punter they drafted. Everyone else, and I do mean EVERYONE ELSE has spent their lives on the injured list. If I can't blame JD for players that are brittle then who the hell am I going to blame it on? A GM that drafts DURABLE players is a BETTER GM than someone who doesn't. Injuries matter.... Now I don't want to go overboard about this. Typically, it's 3 years until you truly know how your draft worked out. But so far they SUCK. That includes JD's revamped OL. They are fucking brutal, they're so bad and Douglas had his name all over that. I just hope they fire Gase soon before Sammy irreparably damaged.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I
the ONLY guy that's been worth a shit, at least so far, is Becton and maybe the punter they drafted. Everyone else, and I do mean EVERYONE ELSE has spent their lives on the injured list. If I can't blame JD for players that are brittle then who the hell am I going to blame it on? A GM that drafts DURABLE players is a BETTER GM than someone who doesn't. Injuries matter.... Now I don't want to go overboard about this. Typically, it's 3 years until you truly know how your draft worked out. But so far they SUCK. That includes JD's revamped OL. They are fucking brutal, they're so bad and Douglas had his name all over that. I just hope they fire Gase soon before Sammy irreparably damaged.

i get the frustration but it's not necessarily about being brittle - we've seen tons of players from all teams get injured at MetLife this year - i wonder if that's part of the jets problems too

you can blame a GM for injuries if the he hired a bad conditioning guy or if its constantly muscle strains that guys are coming down with but if its ligaments or contact-based injuries then you cant really put that on the GM at all - that's just luck related especially if the guys didnt have injury concerns in college

Mainejet

Practice Squad
The Jets lost Sammy for The week. The protection against Denver was so shaky that Sammy was wound in the turf straining his shoulder. Another mention of how great Joe Douglas FA moves were.

You guys should appreciate that Joe Flacco will start for the Jets. Jets are getting Leveon Bell and Denzel Mims back. Hopefully, that gives them a very badly needed spark.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Jets lost Sammy for The week. The protection against Denver was so shaky that Sammy was wound in the turf straining his shoulder. Another mention of how great Joe Douglas FA moves were.

You guys should appreciate that Joe Flacco will start for the Jets. Jets are getting Leveon Bell and Denzel Mims back. Hopefully, that gives them a very badly needed spark.
Is there a specific reason why they don't involve Perine more? I mean I get that Gore is reliable, but still you gotta see what you have in your rookies while Bell is injured.

purp

Practice Squad
Is there a specific reason why they don't involve Perine more? I mean I get that Gore is reliable, but still you gotta see what you have in your rookies while Bell is injured.

Frank Gore has been standing in the way of the production of young running backs for like 100 years xD.

Status
Not open for further replies.