• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 3 Discussion (Other Teams)

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Week 3 is upon us and so far we've seen some poor offensive line play across the league and some sloppy offenses. Whether that's contributed to the fact coaches have now figured out how to play defense under all the strict rules or lack of preseason play resulting in less chemistry on offense.

Rams @ 49ers: Another Thursday Night snooze fest as the NFC West takes center stage as the 49ers host the LA Rams. The Rams fell short against the Redskins but look to rebound in a year where they could very well have a shot at winning if the cards fall their way.

Browns @ Colts: How bad are the Colts? The Browns are favorites to win the game. So... let's just say I like the chances of a tie here.

Giants @ Eagles: Poor Offensive Line play is down across the league, how bad is it you say? Eli Manning layed down on Monday Night sacking himself. Jim Schwartz' defense that ranks 12th through 2 games won't help the Giants offensive problems. Without Tom Coughlin, the Giants have lost the toughness and coaching along with him.

Dolphins @ Jets: The Dolphins have a chance to lead the AFC East at 2-0 following this game and they most likely will. The Jets Suck for Sam campaign is going well but may be deterred by 8 other teams who are also 0-2.

Broncos @ Bills: The Bills kept Cam Newton in tact on Sunday, and was one Zay Jones catch from pulling off the upset. The Broncos offensively look to be proving everyone wrong, specifically Trevor Siemien.

Saints @ Panthers: Panthers scraped by the Bills and welcome their NFC South foe the Saints to town on Sunday. Brees & Co have now started 0-2 in four straight seasons, and look to avoid an 0-3 start in 3 straight seasons. This might be last call for Payton & Brees in New Orleans in 2017.

Steelers @ Bears: Nice of the league to give the Steelers a BYE before our game in Week 4.

Falcons @ Lions: Just think, Falcons are 2-0, BUT if they lose their next five games what would their record be? 2-5 as in a reminder of the fact they blew a 25 point lead in the Super Bowl. Seriously though, Falcons and Lions are both 2-0, meaning come December this game could determine seeding, either 1-4 or even a Wild Card Spot.

Bucs @ Vikings: The Vikings are nothing without Sam Bradford as we saw last week. While Dalvin Cook may be 3rd in rushing yards this season, that seemingly didn't translate to points against Pittsburgh. Bucs look to avoid the first game blues by not losing this week after dominating the Bears last week.

Texans @ Patriots: Texans barely got by a bad Bengals team after being crushed by Jacksonville in week one. The Pats look to continue their rebound after dismantling the Saints last week.

Seahawks @ Titans: The Titans already lost to a good Raiders team and beat up on a poor Jacksonville team. This is another game the Titans must win to show their legit playoff contenders and not just winning by beating up bad teams.

Bengals @ Packers: The Bengals have not started 0-3 since Flacco was a rookie in 2008. Unfortunately a really angry Mike McCarthy and the Packers are next up on the schedule. Bengals are about to be 0-3 thanks to the Incredible McCarthy and Aaron Rodgers.

Chiefs @ Chargers: The AFC West is looking like it will claim 3 of the playoff spots in the AFC unless of course the Chargers who just find ways to lose every week. Kareem Hunt looks to keep the Chiefs atop the West neck & neck with the Broncos & Raiders.

Raiders @ Redskins: Sunday Night Football features the Redskins hosting the Raiders in a prime time fight. Raiders should win this one easily and join the Chiefs and Broncos at 3-0 through three weeks.

Cowboys @ Cardinals: The Cardinals scraped by a terrible Colts team and the Cowboys look to rebound after their loss against Denver. Palmer's age has finally caught up to him and it looks like for the oldest team in the league, age has finally caught up to the Cardinals.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
The 0-3 Bengals has a nice ring to it. I'm eager to watch more of the Bucs. They put on a show last week. They have a solid foundation to be a well-rounded football team.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I actually don't mind the Squeelers having the Bears, it seems good teams are way more likely to win after a loss than they are after blowing a team out. I wonder if there is a stat on this?

Sooky

Pro Bowler
The 0-3 Bengals has a nice ring to it. I'm eager to watch more of the Bucs. They put on a show last week. They have a solid foundation to be a well-rounded football team.
I've been telling everyone I know that the Bengals will have a lower record than the Browns this season and they all thought I was stupid. Look at their start. Browns clearly the better team after two weeks.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I have a feeling that there won't be much of an antidote to the bad offensive lines and linemen in the coming years because there is such a disparity between the abilities and talents of college players coming out and schematically and technically offensive linemen are taking longer to adapt to the NFL too

I think it's a trend that we won't see improve until more college/high school kids see the money that mediocre linemen are getting and think I don't even have to be good to get paid and go that route rather than defensive line

JO_75

Hall of Famer
That's one way to start the game for the Rams. Picked off Brian Hoyer, and a Todd Gurley TD run to put up 7.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So what happened to Wade Phillips' defense? So many holes, allowing the 49ers back into the game and you never saw it when he was in Denver. Rams may need to spend the offseason getting a ton of 3-4 players who fit Wade's scheme.