• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 3 Discussion (Other Teams)

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Chiefs even with berry out are clearly the best team in the div. Oakland much like tampa only have offense. And when offense doesnt work they have nothing.

It's astonishing on how they find ways to win and that's what pisses me off with them. They're gonna go on YET ANOTHER long winning streak only to do jack shit in the playoffs.

Pats

Veteran
It's astonishing on how they find ways to win and that's what pisses me off with them. They're gonna go on YET ANOTHER long winning streak only to do jack shit in the playoffs.
That seems to be the trend right? You know i've been thinking, alex smith has been playing better because he actually feels pressure from maholmes. Im thinking they win 12-13 games and then alex lays a big deuce in the playoffs again and they lose by 3 points to the steelers again probably.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
That seems to be the trend right? You know i've been thinking, alex smith has been playing better because he actually feels pressure from maholmes. Im thinking they win 12-13 games and then alex lays a big deuce in the playoffs again and they lose by 3 points to the steelers again probably.

But that the strange part about all of this? He feels that this is his last season in KC? If he balls out, best believe his agent's phone will be ringing the moment he becomes a FA.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Alex Smith is actually playing well because Andy Reid is smart offensive coach who knows exactly how he wants his team to play and has brought in good players who fit that system nicely.
His offense is not just an afterthought.

Pats

Veteran
But that the strange part about all of this? He feels that this is his last season in KC? If he balls out, best believe his agent's phone will be ringing the moment he becomes a FA.
I imagine so, personally if im kansas i'd trade him for some high picks at the deadline though.
Alex Smith is actually playing well because Andy Reid is smart offensive coach who knows exactly how he wants his team to play and has brought in good players who fit that system nicely.
His offense is not just an afterthought.
He let go the few decent recievers he had in the offseason and kansas has always had a stagnant offense, mostly in part to smith throwing short passes.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
All is back to normal in the world, Cowboys will be happy to make it 8-8 this year if they keep this up.
Palmer has absolutely tore them apart so far.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Damn the cowboys are bad

Cardinals are too which is resulting in a bad game. Palmer's age caught up to him last year and he's worse this year. I just cant wait to see which older QB will be the new Cardinals QB, Drew Brees or Philip Rivers in 2018.

Pats

Veteran
Cardinals are too which is resulting in a bad game. Palmer's age caught up to him last year and he's worse this year. I just cant wait to see which older QB will be the new Cardinals QB, Drew Brees or Philip Rivers in 2018.
It doesnt help in fairness that the card O line is as bad as the LOLts

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Cardinals are living in 3rd & long situations now. Goodness!

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
remember when ravens fans laughed at the cowboys picking frederick and when we got matt elam everyone ( except me) on br.com were taunting jerry jones and co?

JO_75

Hall of Famer
It doesnt help in fairness that the card O line is as bad as the LOLts

OL Play is down league wide, for some odd reason the league has decided to come together in support of bad offensive line play. Now maybe it's the lack of playing together in the preseason so the chemistry isn't there yet, lack of practice from the current CBA who knows. This is just the worse I have seen offensive lines in years.

Pats

Veteran
Yeah i've seen a lot of bad protection so far, and its not because every defense pass rush is elite suddenly

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I imagine so, personally if im kansas i'd trade him for some high picks at the deadline though.

He let go the few decent recievers he had in the offseason and kansas has always had a stagnant offense, mostly in part to smith throwing short passes.

Except mahomes probably isn't a starter for at least this year and probably 2 years so there's no point trading smith away for at least a couple of years

Pats

Veteran
Except mahomes probably isn't a starter for at least this year and probably 2 years so there's no point trading smith away for at least a couple of years
Its worth the risk, smith doesn thave much of a contract left and he doesnt do anything when its crunch time. Id cash in now.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
remember when ravens fans laughed at the cowboys picking frederick and when we got matt elam everyone ( except me) on br.com were taunting jerry jones and co?
Yeah, no. The notion that you were literally the only one who didn't berate Dallas and didn't praise Elam is a comical overstatement. I can state for a fact that I was relaying significant concerns about Elam weeks before the draft. I certainly don't recall ridiculing the Frederick selection, mostly because I didn't watch enough of his tape at the time.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Yeah, no. The notion that you were literally the only one who didn't berate Dallas and didn't praise Elam is a comical overstatement. I can state for a fact that I was relaying significant concerns about Elam weeks before the draft. I certainly don't recall ridiculing the Frederick selection, mostly because I didn't watch enough of his tape at the time.
I remember laughing when they picked Frederick. But it wasn't because I didn't think he was a good player. I thought he was by far the top center in the class and one of the top lineman in general. I just thought it as a reach because most analysts had his value as round two to three.

Rav'n Maniac

Practice Squad
Well that is the most unique touchdown celebration I've ever seen. Problem is I can't un-see it.

Last edited:

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
I remember laughing when they picked Frederick. But it wasn't because I didn't think he was a good player. I thought he was by far the top center in the class and one of the top lineman in general. I just thought it as a reach because most analysts had his value as round two to three.
It was widely panned by the analysts, so I can understand that. I definitely found the aforementioned aspect of the selection to be interesting. As far as actually criticizing, I typically err on the side of caution when I haven't done the homework. I recall Mike Mayock stating that Mike Mitchell was a laughable reach for the Raiders in 2009, as he had a 7th round grade on the former 2nd rounder, I initially bought into the opinion in my mind off of that comment. Meanwhile, Mitchell has been able to carve out a decent career for himself, so it's difficult to fully buy into the assessments of even the analysts whom we commonly listen to.