• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 3 Baltimore Ravens @ Jacksonville Jaguars

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Why are we throwing horizontally on 3rd and fucking 18? I'm turning this shit off. DONE

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Okay I don't care if it's 3rd and 18 that's bullshit. Flacco takes 1 second and dumps it off. Freaking let the play develop

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Can't see that making a difference, he was playing earlier in the game and did nothing.
It's a cool experience for him. Won't make too much of a difference at this point, unless he completely sucks.

I don't think we're going to field a good defense this year. I think we underestimated the loss of Zach Orr because no one opposite of Mosley has shown the ability to play coverage over the middle. I also think players are backing up way too much in fear of the big play.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I don't think we're going to field a good defense this year. I think we underestimated the loss of Zach Orr because no one opposite of Mosley has shown the ability to play coverage over the middle. I also think players are backing up way too much in fear of the big play.
Orr night be one of the most overrated players in Ravens history.

RavensDFan

Veteran
So tell me the plays where the play call was poor and we can discuss.
Where is the pass rush? We're still playing that rush 4 garbage aren't we? Why? Because Pees loves it. We did it a lot in the first two games as well. I mean it is 37 to zero with the 3rd quarter ticking away and we're playing like we have all game to turn it around aren't we? Still cushioning and rushing 4 (majority of the time). And if players are coached properly they don't shit the bed this badly. Make a bad play here and there? Sure. But not like this. That falls on coaching and coordinators. Same with offense btw.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Well I hope the people that have defended Wallace watched his "performance" today.

Is Perriman suited up?

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Our play calling looks so.....basic.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Where is the pass rush? We're still playing that rush 4 garbage aren't we? Why? Because Pees loves it. We did it a lot in the first two games as well. I mean it is 37 to zero with the 3rd quarter ticking away and we're playing like we have all game to turn it around aren't we? Still cushioning and rushing 4 (majority of the time). And if players are coached properly they don't shit the bed this badly. Make a bad play here and there? Sure. But not like this. That falls on coaching and coordinators. Same with offense btw.
I've said it so many times, but the misdirection of the Jags offense and the absurdly good use of play action has killed any hopes of a pass rush.

That's not Pees- that's the Jags looking shockingly competent.

Status
Not open for further replies.