• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 3 Baltimore Ravens @ Jacksonville Jaguars

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
The little giants would have put up more of a fight.

i hate skip bayless but when he said we would live to regret giving flacco that contract after the superbowl..for once

he was right
I don't think we've surrounded him with that great of talent, but with that contract you would expect him to step up and he hasn't really done that.

RavensDFan

Veteran
When did I say they played great today?
Not today but y'all wanted to laugh when I said I wasn't yet buying the "dominant" D train ticket. And you are making excuses for them. You will notice I am not making excuses for the offense. The only difference between the two today is that we reloaded the defense and ignored the offense so for the defense to completely fail is totally inexcusable.

If I'm Mike Wallace I would be furious after today. He was beating CBs all day long and no one could hit him in stride.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Not today but y'all wanted to laugh when I said I wasn't yet buying the "dominant" D train ticket. And you are making excuses for them. You will notice I am not making excuses for the offense. The only difference between the two today is that we reloaded the defense and ignored the offense so for the defense to completely fail is totally inexcusable.
I have made no excuses. I just put things into context.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
if nothing happens with this team in trade or firings in the next few days you'll know the true intent of this team

or they are just flat our delusional and taking into account who our HC is, that is possible.

RayRayRaven

Veteran
i hate skip bayless but when he said we would live to regret giving flacco that contract after the superbowl..for once

he was right
well givin him the money was one thing takin away his weapons somethin else. but extendin him after he showed he was not a top qb was the misstake

This defense has to do some soul searching after today. You didn't lose, you got beat down. That was a truly embarrassing game, especially considering how many people made the flight to London for this. I would imagine that there's going to be a lot of players upset after today.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I almost fell for that trap... I'm going to lose anyway because I'm playing Ravens D and playing against Gurley.
I started Ravens D and Gurley. At least Gurley showed up for me. Ravens D got me -4.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
If we sit pat tomorrow. If no one is fired. If we don't sign players, release players. Something. Then we just don't care.

Over reaction and there's no one left to sign since we probably already have them on IR... Just go forward and see what you have in the young guys. I will repeat... WHAT THE HELL WERE PEOPLES EXPECTATIONS THIS YEAR? I said 8-8 with improvements being mad to the O in the upcoming off season. It is what it is. Two wins against bad teams got people hype and most hopes raised.

well givin him the money was one thing takin away his weapons somethin else. but extendin him after he showed he was not a top qb was the misstake
The thing is though is that Flacco was 28 at the time and after that type of playoff performance, there was a lot of people who believed that Flacco was going to become a transcendent QB and that it would be foolish of us not to keep him. No team made a legit offer for him because they knew we would be fools to let him go.

Status
Not open for further replies.