• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Ugly, the Ugly, and the Awful: Week 3 Edition

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I liked the video as well @RaineV1

I loved the play where both teams laid down except the running back. Stupid rule is that a team could choose to receive the kickoff if they had scored. Not sure why any team would choose to kick, but it happened all the time.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I liked the video as well @RaineV1

I loved the play where both teams laid down except the running back. Stupid rule is that a team could choose to receive the kickoff if they had scored. Not sure why any team would choose to kick, but it happened all the time.

i dunno maybe if it was a defensive slugfest you knock it deep and pin the other team back get a 3 and out and then play field position... that's the only way i can think it would be worth it...

in rugby (normal rugby not the 7 aside they did at the olympics) you concede points and then kick off to the other team because most of the time you'll pin them deep and they'll kick it back to you with better field position so maybe it's along those lines

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i dunno maybe if it was a defensive slugfest you knock it deep and pin the other team back get a 3 and out and then play field position... that's the only way i can think it would be worth it...

in rugby (normal rugby not the 7 aside they did at the olympics) you concede points and then kick off to the other team because most of the time you'll pin them deep and they'll kick it back to you with better field position so maybe it's along those lines
Ok, I get that it could work in a defensive game, but this was 222-0 and they decided to kick off five times in the game instead if receive.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ok, I get that it could work in a defensive game, but this was 222-0 and they decided to kick off five times in the game instead if receive.

in that game i also understand slightly because they didnt wanna get hammered so they give the other team the ball and let them score without getting in the way and that way they dont have to be tackled either - notice that half the time they punted on 3rd down

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
in that game i also understand slightly because they didnt wanna get hammered so they give the other team the ball and let them score without getting in the way and that way they dont have to be tackled either - notice that half the time they punted on 3rd down
It was hilarious. A bunch of lawyers not wanting to get hurt. Anyone who doesn't understand that reference needs to watch the video.

Ravenbran

Practice Squad
I think Stanley is suffering from a few factors. I think he needs to get into the mix and getting hurt could be affecting him and he could be playing through it. He could also be suffering from losing a HoF G next to him like he had for a lot of last year. He could also be suffering from also having a sophomore slump. It’s also possible he is getting exposed due to not having Yanda. Take the scheme tweak into account, because we ran power last year just not a lot, and that’s also another possibility. I know I certainly don’t have the answer why only theories and it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a combination of all the above and more. It’s his second year and he’s a high first round pick so we have to hope he’ll rebound regardless.

Yeah. Maybe he’s having bad games or maybe it’s mpre or it could be any number of different reasons. I’m a hard to say what’s wrong unless you’re actually on the team and know everyone’s job and role.
Those are some very notable excuses for poor play. Thanks!

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I am aware of that game.

Hell I remember that. Me and my dad went and my dad decided to drink a beer every time GT scored a TD. Needless to say we both passed out like in the 3rd qtr. Him from being shitfaced and me from running windsprints all game.

Great vid. Loved it!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Hell I remember that. Me and my dad went and my dad decided to drink a beer every time GT scored a TD. Needless to say we both passed out like in the 3rd qtr. Him from being shitfaced and me from running windsprints all game.

Great vid. Loved it!
This was in 1916, don't think you were there.