• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Ugly, the Ugly, and the Awful: Week 3 Edition

RayRayRaven

Veteran
Good: Collins and Humphrey
Ugly: I got up early for this game
Really Ugly: I had to stream this game AND change my gameday menu.
Pathetic: Coaches, offense, coordinators, players and anyone making excuses for any of them.
Putrid: This entire team and the LaLa Land they exist within. Like it is still the 1970s. Time to clean house.
readin alotta hype on humpf. not sure what everyone else saw but saw a safety tryin to play corner. saw a lot of desperation even on plays he had every chance to be in position on. saw multiple PI one calld some not. some say he played best of ours in the secondary. cant say that. will say they entire secondary was and has been putrid. bortles lookd like an all pro

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I thought the first pick was a pretty phenomenal play by the CB. Pretty much took it out of Maclin's hands and made the tough acrobatic catch. Not sure how Flacco could be blamed there, amazing secondary play.
I don't think it should have been a pick, but I thought the pass was ill advised.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
So, PFF released their grades and a name I have not yet seen at all actually got the second highest grade in the game and that would be Jimmy Smith. Three targets to Marqise Lee, ZERO receptions, and two pass break ups. I think Jimmy was just a few ticks shy of a 90.0 grade, which indicates an elite score to PFF. Rarely does a player reach that category.

Humphrey got a grade of like 78, which is generally considered to be a "good" grade.

Only one of them has a ring though.
Ryan should have a ring right now if it weren't for the breakdown by their defense and truth be told they have a very legit chance of getting back to the SB this year and eve winning it, I see no one challenging from the NFC.

readin alotta hype on humpf. not sure what everyone else saw but saw a safety tryin to play corner. saw a lot of desperation even on plays he had every chance to be in position on. saw multiple PI one calld some not. some say he played best of ours in the secondary. cant say that. will say they entire secondary was and has been putrid. bortles lookd like an all pro
Yeah nah. He was in position every time he was targeted. The PI call was complete garbage, the ball wasn't even catchable.

J
So, PFF released their grades and a name I have not yet seen at all actually got the second highest grade in the game and that would be Jimmy Smith. Three targets to Marqise Lee, ZERO receptions, and two pass break ups. I think Jimmy was just a few ticks shy of a 90.0 grade, which indicates an elite score to PFF. Rarely does a player reach that category.

Humphrey got a grade of like 78, which is generally considered to be a "good" grade.

Jimmy was fantastic today. I legit think he's been reminiscent of the Jimmy Smith from 2014. I saw their grade on Mosley, and I absolutely agree, he got torched in coverage.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

Humphrey would have gotten better grade if they didn't call that BS PI on him.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Yeah nah. He was in position every time he was targeted. The PI call was complete garbage, the ball wasn't even catchable.
I mean, it really was PI, but he was in such great position to make a play on the ball that he didn't need to and I truly believe he didn't even think about hooking the arm; it kinda just happened as he got lost in the moment.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Good: Collins and Humphrey
Ugly: I got up early for this game
Really Ugly: I had to stream this game AND change my gameday menu.
Pathetic: Coaches, offense, coordinators, players and anyone making excuses for any of them.
Putrid: This entire team and the LaLa Land they exist within. Like it is still the 1970s. Time to clean house.
Cleaning house would bring you back to 2-14 level.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
J

Jimmy was fantastic today. I legit think he's been reminiscent of the Jimmy Smith from 2014. I saw their grade on Mosley, and I absolutely agree, he got torched in coverage.
I thought he was generally fantastic last year, too. I think this is just a continuation of great play.

RayRayRaven

Veteran
u musta missed that push off and hook. hes always beaten by the ball no clue where it is. I doan pay attention to pff or film study usually a corner gets judged when he starts lettin in sixes. he didnt do that today but bortles? so good on him today. it ok time will tell.

I thought he was generally fantastic last year, too. I think this is just a continuation of great play.
Yeah but I think this year he looks better. He was definitely the key piece of our defense but he allowed some big plays and TDs, this year he looks like he's not giving anyone anything at all. He looks like a legit All-Pro candidate. He's elevated his play in my mind.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
u musta missed that push off and hook. hes always beaten by the ball no clue where it is. I doan pay attention to pff or film study usually a corner gets judged when he starts lettin in sixes. he didnt do that today but bortles? so good on him today. it ok time will tell.
Uh.... he was routinely locating the ball and making plays on it...