• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Ugly, the Ugly, and the Awful: Week 3 Edition

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Oh and Ozzie and the scouting team can go to if he wants to continue to draft like it is the 1970s and "we don't need no offense" and they clearly do not have an eye for offensive talent.

Time to man up and stop lying to ourselves. Every year - oh Pees has the talent now! You watch we are gonna dominate on defense! and our WR corps is fine, we don't need to draft a WR high. Offense is fine with old washed up vets at plug ins. No need to give them any love. I mean I wish the old board was still up because some of you people say the same shit every single year and then come up with the same damn excuses when it doesn't happen.

Similar to the excuses being made for a qb who completed 8 passes for 28 yards thru 3 quarters of a game. I do agree with you though. Ozzies eye for offensive weapons isn't great, at least at wr. He can't be blamed for 4 guards either getting IR'd or retiring. Or the fact that our qb doesn't realize it's his job to get the "receivers" involved in the passing game. That is when they're not dropping the few passes he actually gets to them.

Let's go Bears...

As i TYPED THEY FUCKING SCORED... YESSSS

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Similar to the excuses being made for a qb who completed 8 passes for 28 yards thru 3 quarters of a game. I do agree with you though. Ozzies eye for offensive weapons isn't great, at least at wr. He can't be blamed for 4 guards either getting IR'd or retiring. Or the fact that our qb doesn't realize it's his job to get the "receivers" involved in the passing game. That is when they're not dropping the few passes he actually gets to them.

Let's go Bears...

As i TYPED THEY FUCKING SCORED... YESSSS

I just screamed as that cat ran in for the walk off TD vs the Steelers. Thanks Bears!

NOW...the RAVENS have to take care of their own freakin' business on Sunday vs the Steelers. My wife and I are driving up from VA for this game.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I just screamed as that cat ran in for the walk off TD vs the Steelers. Thanks Bears!

NOW...the RAVENS have to take care of their own freakin' business on Sunday vs the Steelers. My wife and I are driving up from VA for this game.

Hope they make it worth the trip.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I am somewhat hesitant to be too down this week considering it looks like EVERY team that was supposed to win is struggling this week. 5 of the games so far have not gone as expected and they were 5 of the easier to call games to.

We weren't down 30 the second drive of the game. We literally swapped every drive in the game. It serves no purpose, especially when we went 3 and out for the first 2 quarters. They have no time to get into the flow of the game and get communication down. It takes consistent reps for o linemen. If they had given one the first half and the other the second, that would at least make some sense.
We did that? I know for sure we swapped in the 2nd half after Jags first TD. I must have missed it.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Hey guys. Steelers lost. Same year different shit. They should just clean house.
I am somewhat hesitant to be too down this week considering it looks like EVERY team that was supposed to win is struggling this week. 5 of the games so far have not gone as expected and they were 5 of the easier to call games to.
Welcome to the NFL. The steelers lost to a team with minimal talent that's gonna be contending for a high draft pick. Any given Sunday.

Btw. We lost to a team that's better than Chicago.

I know it's asking for a lot but good god I really want us to win that game vs Raiders. It would be a massive game changer for us. Not to mention we're going to play a very desperate Steelers team next week.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Chicago's defense is mediocre and held the steelers elite offense in check. Fire Todd Haley. He sucks. Get rid of Big Ben

redrum52

Hall of Famer
i just wanna know how these awful offenses without olines and receivers can conjure up some offence against half decent defences but we only get 15 yards in a half - like we literally have the worst ability to scheme on offence and i dont know why...

I have a slight idea...

We all know it, but people are too scared to say it. There is one common denominator. Through all the OCs the only consistent, inconsistent is Flacco. Playing well in the post season means nothing when we can't make it. He's done. When was his last game without a TO? He played well against the Browns and ok against the Bengals, but a 6th or 7th round pick just did the same to the Browns. For whatever reason as well we can never get a consistent pass rush. By that I mean single guys who are consistent match up problems for OL. I said 8-8, but I'd honestly be perfectly fine with a tank job at this point as long as games are watchable... maybe something like 100 passing yards in a game and only 38 allowed... Fuck London.

Last edited:

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
i just wanna know how these awful offenses without olines and receivers can conjure up some offence against half decent defences but we only get 15 yards in a half - like we literally have the worst ability to scheme on offence and i dont know why...
Cause Marty isn't that great. His playbook is fine. Situational football? Not so much. I'd prefer to see what Roman can do but then it would be same shit, different year. I highly doubt Marty is fired tomorrow, though I certainly wouldn't mind.

RavensDFan

Veteran
You are absolutely right. This team absolutely stinks and who in their right mind would have drafted anyone, my god any team should be able to prepare for losing the two most important pieces in the trenches. 15 players on IR is nothing, a good team should be able to replace the entire 47 active players every year.

I'm not making excuses for injuries, but there is only so much a team can do.

jdynamite

Ravens Ring of Honor
What happened to this site??
One second I'm in the game thread posting then I got a message about not being available.

Then the page disappeared completely, I tried to reload it numerous times during the game.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hey guys. Steelers lost. Same year different shit. They should just clean house.

Welcome to the NFL. The steelers lost to a team with minimal talent that's gonna be contending for a high draft pick. Any given Sunday.

Btw. We lost to a team that's better than Chicago.

Yes but its not just that. The Browns lost to the Colts, the Pats almost lost to the Texans, Miami lost to Buf (who I still think are tanking), Min crushed TB with a backup QB, and right now the Bengals are beating the Packers. The Bengals who stink btw.

RavensDFan

Veteran
You are absolutely right. This team absolutely stinks and who in their right mind would have drafted anyone, my god any team should be able to prepare for losing the two most important pieces in the trenches. 15 players on IR is nothing, a good team should be able to replace the entire 47 active players every year.

I'm not making excuses for injuries, but there is only so much a team can do.
lol 2 players is an excuse. And they stunk from the word go so it was only one player. Other teams do not fall apart with injuries so yes, you are making excuses.

RavensDFan

Veteran
You're right. We should have totally blown up the team in 2012 when we got our asses kicked in Houston. That was clearly a reality check and we did NOTHING that year.
Didn't we fire an OC during the season? Oh and for your other smart ass remark. The Steelers lost in OT and almost won. We got owned. Not the same thing nor even close.

RavensDFan

Veteran
Yes but its not just that. The Browns lost to the Colts, the Pats almost lost to the Texans, Miami lost to Buf (who I still think are tanking), Min crushed TB with a backup QB, and right now the Bengals are beating the Packers. The Bengals who stink btw.
The Bengals own GB. Rodgers has never beat them.