• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Jaylen Hill

Good to see him back. You don't see a team carry an rookie UDFA on their roster this long if he isn't legit. I just hope he can get back into game shape and work himself back into form.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Any news on Jimmy Smith?
Listed on yesterday's injury report as having an Achilles injury or issue.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Is it sad that I am more worried if Jimmy Smith is out about Brandon Carr getting beat than I am about Marlon Humphrey? Carr or no Carr, Crabtree and Cooper are sooo sooo good. Luckily their offensive line has been terrible so this could be the week the Ravens can force pressure.

RayRayRaven

Veteran
Is it sad that I am more worried if Jimmy Smith is out about Brandon Carr getting beat than I am about Marlon Humphrey? Carr or no Carr, Crabtree and Cooper are sooo sooo good. Luckily their offensive line has been terrible so this could be the week the Ravens can force pressure.

you gotta lot of worries! me I just watch the game! the bad news is that our secondary hasn't been good since 2012. its not good now and it ain't suddenly getting better regardless of who they start back there from our current rooster.

the good news is we are not facing derek carr. we get nfl hobo e.j. manual who can't hit the open receiver to save his life and this game is a lock.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
you gotta lot of worries! me I just watch the game! the bad news is that our secondary hasn't been good since 2012. its not good now and it ain't suddenly getting better regardless of who they start back there from our current rooster.

the good news is we are not facing derek carr. we get nfl hobo e.j. manual who can't hit the open receiver to save his life and this game is a lock.

what are you talking about, our secondary (and our corners especially) have been pretty damn good for the most part - they were bad against the jags but the entire team was awful vs the jags - otherwise they've been pretty phenomenal

RayRayRaven

Veteran
what are you talking about, our secondary (and our corners especially) have been pretty damn good for the most part - they were bad against the jags but the entire team was awful vs the jags - otherwise they've been pretty phenomenal

the first two games we feasted on the turnover/interception against two really shell shocked and migraine addled qbs. the next two not so much. I think its gonna get worse back there but we shall defeat ej manual the nfl hobo

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
the first two games we feasted on the turnover/interception against two really shell shocked and migraine addled qbs. the next two not so much. I think its gonna get worse back there but we shall defeat ej manual the nfl hobo
Yeah, I think we will take this game, even w/o BWill

Sooky

Pro Bowler

The not good secondary you are talking about has 2 cornerbacks on the team in the top 3 of the NFL in passer rating allowed. Where the team is struggling is Webb has definitely lost a step in the slot. I really think he should strictly only work as a safety because he has the IQ to make up for it. The team hasn't had much luck losing Canaday and Young for long term. Hill needs to come back and do what he did back in the preseason.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The not good secondary you are talking about has 2 cornerbacks on the team in the top 3 of the NFL in passer rating allowed. Where the team is struggling is Webb has definitely lost a step in the slot. I really think he should strictly only work as a safety because he has the IQ to make up for it. The team hasn't had much luck losing Canaday and Young for long term. Hill needs to come back and do what he did back in the preseason.
I’d also like to see Webb only playing safety. However we need to work Hill in and yes, let’s hope he plays to around the same level he did in the preseason.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
I’d also like to see Webb only playing safety. However we need to work Hill in and yes, let’s hope he plays to around the same level he did in the preseason.
I agree I still am hesitant as we should be. He is an undrafted rookie and only should start if he shows he is better and I hope that is over a couple games he gets worked in.... But man I was so happy for Webb to come back for depth but he does not have the speed anymore to play cornerback. I thought he played really well at safety last season.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Wait.. so because we set a precedent of bad secondary play 5 years ago, we now can never improve? No matter who we add our secondary is gonna suck?

So adding Humphrey, Carr, weddle, Jefferson, young, and hill over the past 2 offseasons makes no improvement?

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well, Crabtree is coming off of an injury, Cooper has been underperforming, Carr is out, and Gabe Jackson is out. This is a good time to be facing the Raiders. With Hill returning luck may actually be on our side for once.