• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Obligatory Joe Flacco Thread

Tank

Hall of Famer
Trump%2BBuild%2BThat%2BWall.jpg

LMAO !!!
[doublepost=1494346121,1494346008][/doublepost]
You know what was messed up? I took the high road and didnt even air those grievances on the boards, I just explained that I was leaving. I left notes for a few users and it was all scrubbed, everything I wrote in the past week. I could still see alerts from my frozen account asking what happened and by the time I made a burner account it was all deleted.
[doublepost=1494345731,1494345677][/doublepost]Ayyyyy Tank and Milli. Is that Tank 92?

Yessir! Howdy ho neighbor!

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Joe Flaccos success is hinged upon a couple of young players really stepping up. Especially along his offensive line. Like I said his Arm is as good and accurate as anybody's. But he is not nearly as good as them when he has make really fast reads. But it's not like he is Patrick Mahomes. That cat looks dumb as a brick. How was he in college? Equal opportunity?

Anyways I'm off track again. In addition to the offensive line we need at least 2 young WRs to step up. With one of them getting better by leaps and bounds. That is if offense is to have any chance of being better than last year. After losing SS, Wagner, Juice and trading the center. Moore probably has a better chance of being a consistent receiver than Perriman because his routes are better and more sudden.

Tiz

Practice Squad
I'm of the opinion that without improved play or another long playoff run that we are down to the last 2 yrs of flacco

flynismo

Practice Squad
I'm of the opinion that without improved play or another long playoff run that we are down to the last 2 yrs of flacco

If they feel he is what is holding us back, or is on the downswing, then that absolutely could be true. Did anyone ever think we'd ever see guys like Reed and Heap ever wearing another jersey?

But I don't see them ever cutting Flacco loose due to performance. It's not like they put him in positions to succeed, and he fails. They put him in positions where they say, "do what you can with what you got."

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think this year we're focusing on controlling the ball a bit more, next year we'll be adding firepower
i think so too although im not sure our wrs are conducive to that type of offence - however if we can start rolling out loads of play action then perriman and wallace could have an absolute field day - i think if campanaro stays healthy and earns some snaps that he might become a sneaky good option in a ball control offense

Tiz

Practice Squad
If flacco is still throwing off his backfoot expect us to miss playoffs again
And that's my concern. If it's not improved over these next two yrs he will still have int issues and thusly I think it'll be time to move on.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hey Mili! Whazzup!

The 3 WRs worthy of taking in the first round were gone by 16. I don't know, but they may have explored trading up but couldn't find the value. Anyway, I would expect Flacco and Wallace to be positive and say what they did if only to show confidence in the young guys already on the roster. Whether those guys pan out remains to be seen, but there are definitely some possibilities there in Perriman, Waller, Moore, Camp, etc..

It really sucks that Dixon won't be around for the first quarter of the season, have high hopes for him. Still West, Buck and Talifero are there. And damn! A couple of these TEs need to take the next step and become "that guy". Seems all of them have constant setbacks, but hopefully that will change.

Like you said, I think the key here is the O line, specifically C at this point. Get that wall built and it would seem the run, the pass, and good offensive production in general will follow. We shall see.

Awww Damn! Is that my man Tank? Thought I left your ass over at BR.com? There goes the neighborhood! :D You know I'm clowning! Sup my man? Glad you made it over here!

I understand why they said what they said Tank but my thing is that I'm so sick of these cats being "politically correct" all of the time when I and others know that things aren't as rosey as they may portray them to be in the media. They don't have to come out and throw people under bus by name but c'mon; at some point, just tell the damn truth; "We lost a dog in SSS and now we need some guys to really step up their game in order for us to be great and now is their opportunity. Could we use another receiver? ABSOLUTELY! Hopefully we can add some solid pieces to our O-line for better protection and the running game and I myself as the QB have to work on a few things as well! We're looking forward to putting the very best players out there on the field come week 1 of the regular season and I expect us to be extremely competitive!"

Just tell the damn truth man!

You know what was messed up? I took the high road and didnt even air those grievances on the boards, I just explained that I was leaving. I left notes for a few users and it was all scrubbed, everything I wrote in the past week. I could still see alerts from my frozen account asking what happened and by the time I made a burner account it was all deleted.
[doublepost=1494345731,1494345677][/doublepost]Ayyyyy Tank and Mili. Is that Tank 92?

Sup Blood? Glad you made it bro!

Last edited:

K-Dog

MVP
I think this year we're focusing on controlling the ball a bit more, next year we'll be adding firepower
My thoughts exactly.

I am speculating of course, but I think Ozzie's plan is this season build a defense that says "If you can't score, you can't win." and maintain an offense that is good enough to safely put enough points on the board to stay ahead.
Then next season build the offense roster and become completely lethal.

zevenate

Practice Squad
My thoughts exactly.

I am speculating of course, but I think Ozzie's plan is this season build a defense that says "If you can't score, you can't win." and maintain an offense that is good enough to safely put enough points on the board to stay ahead.
Then next season build the offense roster and become completely lethal.

That's the dream man, that's the dream.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
So you guys really think that these rookies we have arecontribute so much that our defense is stud like? 0% chance of happening. Maybe 2-3 yrs down the line but most def not this upcoming season.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Thats been the dream since 96, we won two Super Bowls dreaming of a high powered offense. I still think defense and the ground game will always be our bread and butter.

You are cool bloodraven. But don't say that man. please don't rub it in. I'm an offensive football person. I would prefer to win with offense. However not your typical high octane scoring. Ball control offense with a dominant offensive. That mixes run and throw very well and hits timely big plays. Takes their time scoring but drives culminate in TD's. Defense always gets well rested. I'll root for the defensive players tobecome dominant

I wouldn't say we won Super Bowls dreaming of offense. The fans embraced the 2000 team being defensive laced. And the last Super Bowl the offense was pretty good. Boldin Pitts and Rice were consistent chain movers. Torry Smith gave enough of a big play threat. Jacoby Jones picked the right time for his 15 minutes of fame. And Mckinnie locked down the left tackle position allowing everybody else to return to their best positions and the offensive line really dominated. That was really the driving force behind that team.

Last edited:
So you guys really think that these rookies we have arecontribute so much that our defense is stud like? 0% chance of happening. Maybe 2-3 yrs down the line but most def not this upcoming season.

We had the 7th ranked defense last season despite being worn down by our offense struggles. If Jimmy Smith stays healthy and we get a bit of help from our younger guys we're going to be really good.

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
If they feel he is what is holding us back, or is on the downswing, then that absolutely could be true. Did anyone ever think we'd ever see guys like Reed and Heap ever wearing another jersey?

But I don't see them ever cutting Flacco loose due to performance. It's not like they put him in positions to succeed, and he fails. They put him in positions where they say, "do what you can with what you got."

Which seems insane considering the financial investment they made in him. If you're going to put so much money into one player then you best make sure you do everything you can to get the best out of that player. We've done the complete opposite recently.