• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 8 Pittsburgh Steelers @ Baltimore Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
His team was never going to use their TO. He slowed down Baltimore's offense and the refs didn't add time like they were supposed to. That was a successful play for Heyward.
I thought they had to use their timeout when there's an injured player. I'm basing this off madden, though, so who knows. I can't understand not giving the time back, and how was Heyward supposed to know they wouldn't?

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I thought they had to use their timeout when there's an injured player. I'm basing this off madden, though, so who knows. I can't understand not giving the time back, and how was Heyward supposed to know they wouldn't?
Inside 2min you have to use a timeout if one of your players goes down injured. However, the refs should've added time

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I was expecting the L but the loss of Stanley is potentially a season ender, not only for him but for us

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Inside 2min you have to use a timeout if one of your players goes down injured. However, the refs should've added time
Thanks, that's why I don't believe Heyward faked his injury. But that leads to what the hell is up with the refs?

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Thanks, that's why I don't believe Heyward faked his injury. But that leads to what the hell is up with the refs?
I absolutely hate that ref. He’s always screwed us in recent years.

LSURavenFan

Veteran
With the Steelers having to burn their final TO because of injury, seems appropriate for them to look at how much time was remaining when the injury occurred. Should have been time for one more play...

Anyway, really difficult to win when the turnover battle is 4-1.

The team should some fight. Sucks to lose, but could be a blessing, we haven't seen many close games the past couple of years. That's something the Ravens need to get better at and hopefully they learn from it....

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
i expected to lose this game but not by giving it away. I expect the Steelers to play better next time around.

Why were we empty backfield on the last play when we had just run the option for 15 yards?! The empty backfield is our worst play this year. Doing it because you think it is a good play is not good play calling... go with what is successful. That play is not.

I'm not saying he could predict the future but his team had nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Additionally, the refs were pretty favorable toward Pitt so it wasn't shocking.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
i feel a little emotionally manipulated by the refs - like we lost fair and square and we were going to anyway but id just have liked the refs to keep it 100 because no i feel a bit aggrieved when i was perfectly content feeling disappointed and numb

now im that but also a little pissed off too

i was already annoyed enough - didnt need to feel cheated too

Status
Not open for further replies.