• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 9 Discussion (other teams)

Reminds me of us in Joe's final years. Joe leads us to a potential win only for the defense to give it up and we lose.
That 2014 game against the Patriots... two 14 point leads and Joe gets the blame for a last minute interception.

I don't know about the play calling on that last Jets drive.

And that's the way the cookie crumbles. Obviously, the interception was major. But we don't know that they would have scored. Perriman's touchdown drop left points on the field.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
That 2014 game against the Patriots... two 14 point leads and Joe gets the blame for a last minute interception.

I don't know about the play calling on that last Jets drive.
Torrey let up on that play. No one will ever convince me otherwise. Should've been an incomplete if Torrey would've continued on and force the breakup at the very least.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Checklist:

- Joe Flacco plays his tail off. Puts team in position to win the game, or makes a late 4th quarter comeback.
- Defense fails to hold and allows the other team to go down the field and win.
- What if I asked you how history would change if the defense held on and didn't give up the wins?

This is 30 for 30: The Joe Flacco story.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Checklist:

- Joe Flacco plays his tail off. Puts team in position to win the game, or makes a late 4th quarter comeback.
- Defense fails to hold and allows the other team to go down the field and win.
- What if I asked you how history would change if the defense held on and didn't give up the wins?

This is 30 for 30: The Joe Flacco story.
I just will always see him as a legend. He played well every single time it mattered from 2010 ish on. And if we make the playoffs in 16 and 17 because the defense doesn't fuck us over ON BACK TO BACK YEARS OF FLACCO division game winning drives (Pitt and Cincy) I'd bet my life he wins at least a combined 2 playoff games.
I will also fully stand by for the rest of my life if we switch to Flacco vs the chargers we win that game in the playoffs. totally understand why we didn't and it payed out for Lamars confidence but damn. Also, in 2018