• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 5 Baltimore Ravens @ Oakland Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

supertolerator

Staff Member
Administrator
Sunday, October 8 | 4:05 PM ET - O.co Coliseum
TV:
CBS/WJZ-TV (Ch. 13)
Radio: 98 Rock | WBAL-1090 AM

RayRayRaven

Veteran
ii can't even wait!
victory over Oakland will be very sweet after the last few years of sour taste!
the sweetest!

Really don't think Carr is playing despite the shocking news that he's listed as questionable. Raider o line last year was touted as probably 2nd only to DAL but have been surprisingly bad. BWill out really sucks but hopefully they can hold their own in this one.

Then there is our offense. If we can elevate our play to only marginally sucking we win this. Unfortunately it's hard to envision us being anything but dreadful again on the road 3 time zones away.

Prediction: Raiders 13 Ravens 6

Just trying to be honest with myself. Until the offense stops being horrid I can't imagine anything else. Afraid it will rate as one of the weekends most unwatchable games.

Hope I'm wrong.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Yea it is going to suck to lose to EJ Manuel. I see this being a 14-3 game.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I don't like waiting until 4 for the game to start. Too much anxiety that I don't need and then being disappointed afterwards.

K-Dog

MVP
I don't like waiting until 4 for the game to start. Too much anxiety that I don't need and then being disappointed afterwards.
Dang.
I was gonna say just that.
Gotta wait till four o'clock to watch this mess.

Hopefully the 1:00 game is an interesting one.

Does anyone know what game will be on at one around here?

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Dang.
I was gonna say just that.
Gotta wait till four o'clock to watch this mess.

Hopefully the 1:00 game is an interesting one.

Does anyone know what game will be on at one around here?
I have the Cardinals-Eagles game on Fox, and it looks like CBS isn't showing a game until the Ravens play.

RayRayRaven

Veteran
Really don't think Carr is playing despite the shocking news that he's listed as questionable. Raider o line last year was touted as probably 2nd only to DAL but have been surprisingly bad. BWill out really sucks but hopefully they can hold their own in this one.

Then there is our offense. If we can elevate our play to only marginally sucking we win this. Unfortunately it's hard to envision us being anything but dreadful again on the road 3 time zones away.

Prediction: Raiders 13 Ravens 6

Just trying to be honest with myself. Until the offense stops being horrid I can't imagine anything else. Afraid it will rate as one of the weekends most unwatchable games.

Hope I'm wrong.

Yea it is going to suck to lose to EJ Manuel. I see this being a 14-3 game.

guys have faith we are the Baltimore ravens. derek carr is a very good qb but we are not facin him. that means we get the ball quicker and have more time of possession. we are facing nfl hobo ej manual and +1 turnovers we will win this handily.

Ravens 23 raiders 10

Justin tucker from downtown

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
guys have faith we are the Baltimore ravens. derek carr is a very good qb but we are not facin him. that means we get the ball quicker and have more time of possession. we are facing nfl hobo ej manual and +1 turnovers we will win this handily.

Ravens 23 raiders 10

I certainly hope you are correct. Winning by this much would be nice and relaxing.

Ravens 23 raiders 10

I like your prediction better than mine!

I can't help but think that to get to 23, we need at least 5 turnovers - one resulting in a defensive TD and the other 4 in FG range. I don't doubt that our D should be able to handle a Manuel led offense, but our own offense has functioned so badly of late and they've never been good on the road.

We have to wake up from the offensive coma, but I'm just not sure I should expect that to happen today on the road, even against a D that is only just OK.

RayRayRaven

Veteran
I like your prediction better than mine!

I can't help but think that to get to 23, we need at least 5 turnovers - one resulting in a defensive TD and the other 4 in FG range. I don't doubt that our D should be able to handle a Manuel led offense, but our own offense has functioned so badly of late and they've never been good on the road.

We have to wake up from the offensive coma, but I'm just not sure I should expect that to happen today on the road, even against a D that is only just OK.

still think we jet lagged vs Jacksonville and Pittsburgh is just a better team right now. we shuld win this and I don't think it will be a nail biter

there defense is inconsistent and flacco will make mistakes by ej manual will make more. all flacco needs to do is be careful with the ball and we will win

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
still think we jet lagged vs Jacksonville and Pittsburgh is just a better team right now. we shuld win this and I don't think it will be a nail biter

there defense is inconsistent and flacco will make mistakes by ej manual will make more. all flacco needs to do is be careful with the ball and we will win

Unfortunately that seems like a lot to ask for these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.