• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

AFC North

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I worry about the bengals front and their new young pass rushers. I'm certain we would have taken jordan willis if the bengals hadnt and he's so far got a sack in every game. Lawson has been great too. A rush of Atkins, Dunlap, Lawson and Willis might be too much for this O line to handle :/

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
speaking of which, i'm going to go insane if i don't see a move to upgrade this O line pronto!

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Hey a positive to getting the Bungals week 1 is they always have players suspended haha. Adam Jones being out will also help, as it seems every year Jones, Rey (also gone!) and Burfict destroy Flacco.
It seems the scheduling gods finally cut us a break against a division foe, and I will gladly take it!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Hey a positive to getting the Bungals week 1 is they always have players suspended haha. Adam Jones being out will also help, as it seems every year Jones, Rey (also gone!) and Burfict destroy Flacco.
Ross is most likely out as well due to a sprained knee

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I worry about the bengals front and their new young pass rushers. I'm certain we would have taken jordan willis if the bengals hadnt and he's so far got a sack in every game. Lawson has been great too. A rush of Atkins, Dunlap, Lawson and Willis might be too much for this O line to handle :/
And we will turn it around and apply pressure from the inside and out against them. I like Willis and Lawson as well, but I'm a bigger fan of Bowser and TWill, plus having Judon and a healthy Suggs isn't too shabby. Let's not forget, Pierce and Urban from the inside. Our d is scarier than their d by a long shot

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
And we will turn it around and apply pressure from the inside and out against them. I like Willis and Lawson as well, but I'm a bigger fan of Bowser and TWill, plus having Judon and a healthy Suggs isn't too shabby. Let's not forget, Pierce and Urban from the inside. Our d is scarier than their d by a long shot

You really think pierce and williams are better than dunlap and atkins...?

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Ross is most likely out as well due to a sprained knee
At the physical therapy session

Doctor: Congratulations on your recovery Mr. Ross. I think you can walk again!
Ross: *stands up*. *slips and falls, tears ACL*
Doctor: *sigh*. That's the second time this year.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
At the physical therapy session

Doctor: Congratulations on your recovery Mr. Ross. I think you can walk again!
Ross: *stands up*. *slips and falls, tears ACL*
Doctor: *sigh*. That's the second time this year.

I don't think we have the right to talk about ACLs or MCLs as we are the M.A.S.H of the NFL...

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
It's not about comparing players but the front seven in general. Bengal's run defense has been horrible so far. They have some pretty promising pass rushers on the outside but no LB and Geno is alone inside. And I think our improved pass pro can let Flacco hit some deep balls occasionally against their unproven secondary.

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
OK, I've just about had it. With my hatred to the media for kissing up to the Steelers for the past 45 years, I've had just enough. Do you actually think in your sane mind Pittsburgh is on the same level as the Patriots? Cmon.

K-Dog

MVP
OK, I've just about had it. With my hatred to the media for kissing up to the Steelers for the past 45 years, I've had just enough. Do you actually think in your sane mind Pittsburgh is on the same level as the Patriots? Cmon.
No.
Both are good teams for sure, but one is significantly better than the other and it is not close.
( damn it )

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

If you think about it, the Steelers secondary has been at-best average ever since we won the Super Bowl. What gets me is IIRC, Tomlin was a DBs coach. How can they continue to struggle in that area? I mean, that's why they get owned by NE. As far as the media is concerned, I've been done with them. It's clear they have their darlings like NE (for good reason), DAL ("America's Team"), OAK, PIT, etc.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
As run stoppers? Absolutely, but they are a 4-3 and their down 4 are simply designed to be different than ours. As far as 3-4 goes I think bwill and pierce are about as good of a 0-3 tandem you can find, at least for stopping the run and demanding blockers.

They generate pressure with a penetrating front 4 like all 4-3 teams do, we generate pressure through exotic play calling, confusion, and isolating key players. As far as playing in their own roles, I think pierce and Williams is absolutely on par with those 2. They HAVE been doing it far longer though.

The Steelers are seriously overrated in an insane way this season. They literally did nothing to improve their team in terms of FA additions outside of some guys they just signed the last few weeks and everyone is giving them high praise.

I'm not impressed with the additions of Joe Haden and JJ Wilcox, those guys have been on a serious decline and now people think they're going to carry the Steelers to the Super Bowl, lol.
They literally beat a Miami team that was one of the weakest playoffs teams we have ever seen and yet were missing their QB. After that they beat a good, but not great regular season K.C Chiefs team. We know what happens to them once the post-season arrives which is why I'm going to hold my breath on their win vs New England.
Martavis Bryant return can help them, but the depth of that team at WR is not particularly impressive IMO, maybe Coates does something but I haven't heard much about him.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
If you think about it, the Steelers secondary has been at-best average ever since we won the Super Bowl. What gets me is IIRC, Tomlin was a DBs coach. How can they continue to struggle in that area?

The same reason we never really had a offense under Billick despite him being the offensive guru he was in Minnesota. Seems a lot of good OCs and DCs fail to master what got them the head coaching job in the first place.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
The Steelers are seriously overrated in an insane way this season. They literally did nothing to improve their team in terms of FA additions outside of some guys they just signed the last few weeks and everyone is giving them high praise.

I'm not impressed with the additions of Joe Haden and JJ Wilcox, those guys have been on a serious decline and now people think they're going to carry the Steelers to the Super Bowl, lol.
They literally beat a Miami team that was one of the weakest playoffs teams we have ever seen and yet were missing their QB. After that they beat a good, but not great regular season K.C Chiefs team. We know what happens to them once the post-season arrives which is why I'm going to hold my breath on their win vs New England.
Martavis Bryant return can help them, but the depth of that team at WR is not particularly impressive IMO, maybe Coates does something but I haven't heard much about him.
I believe that the Steelers traded Coates to the Browns.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
This yr or next I see Cleveland being 3rd and cincy dropping to 4th

It may be this year lol, I think the Browns can beat the Bengals the way things are going. Hell I think it's quite possible the Browns win a game first before the Bengals do. In week 3, the Bengals play the Pack while the Browns most likely will play a Luck-less Colts team next week.

K-Dog

MVP
It may be this year lol, I think the Browns can beat the Bengals the way things are going. Hell I think it's quite possible the Browns win a game first before the Bengals do. In week 3, the Bengals play the Pack while the Browns most likely will play a Luck-less Colts team next week.
Cincinnati @ Browns October first.

That could be an exciting game........ sorta.