• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

AFC North

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Cincinnati @ Browns October first.

That could be an exciting game........ sorta.
Browns fans are going to be so happy and celebrating if they pull that off. There's a chance for the Browns to be 2-2 with the Bengals at 0-4. A two and a half game lead over a division opponent would be like winning the Super Bowl for them.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Browns fans are going to be so happy and celebrating if they pull that off. There's a chance for the Browns to be 2-2 with the Bengals at 0-4. A two and a half game lead over a division opponent would be like winning the Super Bowl for them.

It's not that unrealistic a possibility either - the colts are garbage and the packers are pretty good - hopefully myles Garrett is back fit to tear apart the bengals offensive line like Lisa tore apart tommy wiseau

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
We talked about how strange this season has been. I think many of us chose our defense to be the best in the division. Well folks, as far as total yardage wise, we're the worst in the division.

Rankings:
Bengals - 2nd
Steelers - 4th
Browns - 5th
Ravens - 16th (yikes)

To be fair, the loss of Brandon Williams really has hurt us big time. Now granted, it's only week 6, but still...

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
We talked about how strange this season has been. I think many of us chose our defense to be the best in the division. Well folks, as far as total yardage wise, we're the worst in the division.

Rankings:
Bengals - 2nd
Steelers - 4th
Browns - 5th
Ravens - 16th (yikes)

To be fair, the loss of Brandon Williams really has hurt us big time. Now granted, it's only week 6, but still...
Yeah, losing Williams has hurt big time, but it’s still early. Not worried.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Yeah, losing Williams has hurt big time, but it’s still early. Not worried.
I think we should be okay once he returns. On the flipside, when it comes to INTs (and we're 9th in overall passing defense), we're 2nd in the league with only one less INT than Sacksonville.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

Rankings:
Bengals - 2nd
Steelers - 4th
Browns - 5th
Ravens - 16th (yikes)

I put the term, "to be fair" in the same category as, "breakout".

No need to "be fair" in stating the issues. They are what they are. The Ravens defense is 16th out of 32.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

No need to "be fair" in stating the issues. They are what they are. The Ravens defense is 16th out of 32.
I interpret "to be fair" as trying to provide context to a scenario, circumstance, etc. When we use the word "breakout," well.............you know what it means.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
16th in yards - what about points or turnovers or other metrics... we were 8th in yards last year but i definitely prefer this defensive addition to that one...
I agree. I’m not a fan of relying on yardage allowed to measure a defense.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Doesnt help when you have an anemic offense so the opposing team's offense gets more chances with the ball. Of course they will get more yards.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

In yards allowed that Is absolutely correct, but just because they allowed the 16th fewest yards doesn’t mean they are the 16th defense overall.