• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 12 Discussion (Other Teams)

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Mahomes and Hill are PISSING all over Davis. Wow!

JO_75

Hall of Famer

Dear NFL, please learn what gravity is and understand this should not be considered roughing the passer. Arm goes up to deflect the pass, because of gravity the arm comes down and unintentionally hits Mahomes' helmet. If it was intentional I could understand, but clearly he is playing the ball and trying to make a play. I know Mahomes is the new golden child of the AFC but they are wearing helmets so it's more likely the defender hurts their hand hitting the helmet than the QB getting hurt. This needs to be looked at in the offseason.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Dear NFL, please learn what gravity is and understand this should not be considered roughing the passer. Arm goes up to deflect the pass, because of gravity the arm comes down and unintentionally hits Mahomes' helmet. If it was intentional I could understand, but clearly he is playing the ball and trying to make a play. I know Mahomes is the new golden child of the AFC but they are wearing helmets so it's more likely the defender hurts their hand hitting the helmet than the QB getting hurt. This needs to be looked at in the offseason.

you cant touch a QB in the head - it works the same for every QB - that's the way it's called - as a defender in that situation you have to know that's a risk you take when you put your hand up

this is what the rule is and it's not going to change just because sometimes players miss the deflection and hit the helmet

its part of a wider set of rules to generally protect players's heads - they arent gonna look at changing anything

it sucks that it happens on a big play but it happens to every team

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Could you imagine the scrutiny Lamar would've gotten if he had less than 20 yards passing before halftime against the WORST pass defense? Our game day thread would probably melt.