• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 13 Discussion (Tuesday Night Football Edition)

JO_75

Hall of Famer
We can finally move on to week 13 where we do not have Thursday Night Football and have to wait until Tuesday Night for the Ravens to play Dallas. Since I haven't done previews in a bit, I'll offer some week 13 previews this week.

Saints @ Falcons: The Saints head down to Georgia looking for another win in what is a tight race in the NFC for the number one seed. Without Drew Brees, the conservative offense under Taysom Hill may not be enough to beat a red hot Atlanta team who are 4-2 since firing Dan Quinn. Raheem Morris is giving a reason why he should not only remain Head Coach in Atlanta but be a Head Coach somewhere. A win over New Orleans will only solidify it. Could Atlanta find it's way into the 7th seed by season ends?

Lions @ Bears: Christmas came early for Lions fans as both Matt Patricia and GM Bob Quinn were fired following their Thanksgiving Day loss to the Texans. It will be interesting to see how the team responds under interim Head Coach Darrell Bevell. The Bears are back to Mitch Trubisky as the starter and only makes a Franchise QB on the top of every Bears' fans Wishlist this Christmas.

Browns @ Titans: In what could have AFC wild card implications, the Browns head to Tennessee to take on the Titans in a battle of the running backs. Sure the hype is going to be about Baker Mayfield and Ryan Tannehill but the real battle is how Cleveland contains Derrick Henry and vice versa with the Titans containing Nick Chubb & Kareem Hunt. Has Cleveland finally found their answer at QB and Head Coach?

Bengals @ Dolphins: Injuries derailed the first NFL Matchup between Joe Burrow & Tua Tagovailoa as Joe Burrow's knee died in Washington, and Tua's status is unknown for Sunday. Miami finds themselves in the middle of the wild card hunt and look to stay there with a win on Sunday over the Joe Burrow-less Bengals.

Jaguars @ Vikings: It seemed as if Gardner Minshew and the Mustache was here to stay but the NFL wasn't ready for Minshew Mania in 2020. A new GM means a new QB and perhaps Jaguars fans will have to wait for their Christmas present in the offseason. The Vikings need to keep winning to keep their playoff chances alive in a tight NFC wild card race.

Raiders @ Jets: The Jets have many problems, yes Adam Gase is one of them but perhaps they just took the wrong quarterback back in 2018. Joe Flacco gave Jets fans more of a scare that they could win and lose Trevor Lawrence than Sam Darnold has. The Raiders look to get back on track after losing to the Falcons last week, and a upset by the Jets only hurts their playoff chances.

Colts @ Texans: Maybe the Jets are reluctant to fire Adam Gase because they don't want the interim Head Coach to start winning much like the Texans have since firing BOB. The Texans now find themselves in the middle of a comeback as they are clawing their way back into the AFC playoff picture and another loss to a division rival for the Colts will put a damper on their playoff hopes in 2020.

Rams @ Cardinals: The Rams were building momentum until the 49ers put a stop to that last week, and head to Arizona to face the Arizona Cardinals who may be without Kyler Murray who was limited with a shoulder injury in practice. The NFC West is up for grabs and the winner of this could go a long way toward determining who wins the division.

Giants @ Seahawks: The Seahawks get to beat up on another NFC East team this week and it's the Giants who are on a three game winning streak. To win four in a row, they may have to do it without Daniel Jones but Colt McCoy. Someone has to win the NFC East, and playing the tough NFC West didn't do the division any favors.

Eagles @ Packers: The Eagles head to Green Bay where they cling onto division title hopes against an Aaron Rodgers led Packers team fighting for the number one seed in the NFC. Is Carson Wentz the problem? Is Doug Pederson the problem? Eagles look for a huge road win as they look to win the lowly NFC Least.

Patriots @ Chargers: Don't look now but the Patriots are 5-6 and right back into the playoff picture in the AFC. This is why we don't count out BB, because just when you think he's gone, he's right there. A win against the Patriots would go a long way toward keeping Anthony Lynn off the hot seat but something tells me he will be outcoached by BB and the Chargers will have a new HC next year.

Broncos @ Chiefs: Drew Lock returns for the Broncos after what was a wild week for them as they had to turn to a WR to play QB. The Chiefs with a major upset by the Jets over the Raiders can clinch the AFC West Title. While they likely will have to wait for that, the Chiefs seem destined to return to the Super Bowl.

Washington @ Steelers: The Steelers can clinch a playoff spot with a win over Washington as they sit atop the NFL at 11-0. Washington is putting up a fight for that NFC East crown and a shocking win over the undefeated Steelers would be a boost to their chances.

Bills @ 49ers: The Bills head to San Fran... I mean Arizona to take on the 49ers who are renting out space in their own division rival's stadium for the rest of the year. The Bills held on to beat the Chargers thanks to inept coaching by Anthony Lynn and almost got burned by another hail mary. Can Buffalo keep their lead in the AFC East or are the Patriots peaking at the right time to snatch it right back?

Last edited:

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Washington @ Steelers: The Steelers can clinch a playoff spot WHEN THEY win over Washington as they sit atop the NFL at 11-0. Washington is putting up a fight for that NFC East crown and a shocking win over the undefeated Steelers would be a boost to their chances.
Fixed.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
So, the day we'd like for the Titans to be juggernauts they are getting destroyed by the CLOWNS! Go figure! :brickwall:

JO_75

Hall of Famer
A scuffle during the Bengals-Dolphins game causing Tyler Boyd & Xavien Howard to be disqualified for throwing punches.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I'm enjoying watching this right now. A lot more than I should.
If this was an NFC team doing this (or even an AFC team that I don't hate), I'd be enjoying the fuck out of this but I think it'd be more difficult for us to get a playoff spot (assuming we handle our business) if the Titans don't win the division.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The Jets should turn back to Joe Flacco. I know the whole Adam Gase factor and what Tannehill has done since leaving Miami but when Flacco had the Jets offense doing more, perhaps Darnold is the problem.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
If this was an NFC team doing this (or even an AFC team that I don't hate), I'd be enjoying the fuck out of this but I think it'd be more difficult for us to get a playoff spot (assuming we handle our business) if the Titans don't win the division.

Not so fast says Mike Vrabel, Titans with their second TD of the third quarter. Tannehill runs it in for a 2 PT conversion and the lead is now cut to 38-21.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
LOL throw it up on 4th & 12 and hope for a flag and the Titans get defensive holding to extend their drive.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Sam Darnold runs it in himself and the Jets are in the end zone. Darnold to Denzel Mims for the 2 pt conversion, it's now a 24-21 Raiders lead.