• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the Bad, the Ugly, and the Ravens Offense: Week 6 Edition

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I'm not mad at the defense at all... They can only do so much.

But this offense needs an offseason makeover to the extreme. You can keep Maclin and Collins, and Stanley and Yanda, and Jensen...

We need the entire offseason to be focused 100% on the offense. Firing Marty is a start but we have shit personel

ALI624

Pro Bowler
The good: Special teams Rainey, Camp, Koch and Tucker
The bad and the ugly: Everything else. We lost to the fucking bears.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
The good: Camp's punt return. Collins

Everything else was kind of ugly.

RavensDFan

Veteran
I'm not mad at the defense at all... They can only do so much.

But this offense needs an offseason makeover to the extreme. You can keep Maclin and Collins, and Stanley and Yanda, and Jensen...

We need the entire offseason to be focused 100% on the offense. Firing Marty is a start but we have shit personel
So you're not mad that once again, when it really counted, they shit the bed? Sorry, they don't escape either. Same old, same old.

good: ST TDs. Pretty much it.
bad: everything else.
ugly: Marty's play calling, the return of Pees' soft cushions in key moments, Harbs clock management, our entire receiving corps (sorry, it's in your hands, you fucking get paid to catch it).

Said it in the game thread, say it here, anyone claiming this team doesn't need to clean house is in denial.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Seriously we lost to the Bears???? We are just playing Monkey See, Monkey Do with the Steelers. Coaching has to change and it starts with Harbaugh.

Jags blow us out, Steelers get blown out by the Jags. Steelers lose to the Bears, we lose to the Bears. We need a Belichick type of coach to turn tge team around.

Good: Chris Moore has emerged and might have taken Perriman's job from him, could be a over-reaction by me but he had more yards on a drive(35) then Perriman had all year. Camp was returning punts and giving us good field position as well and looks like a guy who could be in line for more touches. Collins and Buck are also a really good duo in the backfield.

Bad: Don't let the disappearing act by the OL and WR's distract you from the fact that Joe played a poor game. He missed some guys on throws that would have been converted for first downs and the bottom line is, sometimes you need your QB to make plays and become a play-maker himself, the Ravens did not get that from Joe Flacco. This offensive unit as a whole is completely unreliable. Couldn't even get a FG starting from their own 40, just pathetic.

Run defense really did not play a bad game until that Jordan Howard run in which Weddle really made a poor tackle attempt. The angle was bad and as a safety you need to try avoiding tackling a runner high because now you give him the opportunity for YAC if he breaks that tackle, if you go low and wrap him up and least you stop his progression and give an opportunity to others to make a tackle, looks like Peanut would have had that opportunity.

We also have issues with guys disengaging from their blockers, most notably Wormley and Kaufusi who have issues taking on blockers and ripping guards.

We allowed 167 yards on 36 carries.
Way too many penalties.
Receivers can't catch for crap.
We used to eat rookie quarterbacks. Now they outplay Flacco.
Our home games were almost guarantee wins, now we just get embarrassed.
Please fire Marty and Pees and John at the end of season.

I also want to make this known, this defense wets the bed when it matters most and it's been a constant thing for four straight seasons in a row, somethings has got to give and I think in that instance you look at the DC.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Seriously we lost to the Bears???? We are just playing Monkey See, Monkey Do with the Steelers. Coaching has to change and it starts with Harbaugh.

Jags blow us out, Steelers get blown out by the Jags. Steelers lose to the Bears, we lose to the Bears. We need a Belichick type of coach to turn tge team around.
There is only one Belichick type coach.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I just can’t believe after all that...we give up a 50 yard run in overtime because Weddle not only missed a tackle, he flat out fell off Howard’s back. But we wouldn’t be in position for that to happen if it wasn’t for our 6 3 and outs. I’m sick of them giving the ball to Buck instead of Collins. I’m sick of Joe throwing 40 times. Get Marty out of here. Get Weddle out of here. Get Webb out of here. And fucking kill me while you’re at it because I can’t deal with this anymore.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I also want to make this known, this defense wets the bed when it matters most and it's been a constant thing for four straight seasons in a row, somethings has got to give and I think in that instance you look at the DC.

to be fair they had like 4 straight drives where they straight up ruined the bears offence and gave the offence repeated chances to win - if the offence wasnt gonna do anything the only thing left to happen was for the defence to break - like the defence literally got the stop that gave camp the return, that gave the ravens a half chance at winning inside regulation, they got the stop to give us great field position for our first offensive drive of overtime - eventually they were gonna break because they just had to...

so i cant say the defence wet the bed when the only way they dont eventually break is if they score the points themselves and dont have to face another drive, and another, and another

jboy19

Pro Bowler
The shitty thing about this game ending the way it did is that it makes me particularly pissed about all the botched reffing, weird INTs and injuries that changed the course of the game.

The offense clearly is really bad and whether its injuries, playcalling or whatever I don't see any way things change this season. Having Maclin out isn't a tremendous excuse, although if (emphasis on if) he had been the target on Flaccos INTs, chances are they wouldn't have been INTs.

The defense has been solid considering they never get off the field anymore. Fingers crossed that BWill comes back this week, but even with him on field, things likely won't automatically get better. They won't play up to their potential if the seemingly infinite 3 and out streak continues.

The ST unit is strong af

Ultimately until the offense stops being the 2 ton anvil tied to this team, I'd expect the same kind of games we've seen all season. Losing every capable guard is probably the biggest reason why the offense is shit, but the offense needs to execute better and stop being so predictable. Receivers aren't getting open, Flacco is hesitating too much and looking to check down every other play, catchable balls are being dropped or knocked into defenders hands.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Flacoo-Needs to go.Start looking for a new Qb.
Offensive line-Stunk again.
Perriman. Please cut this guy . He will never make it.
Defensive Line- Without Brandon they arent that good.
Secondary-Cant tackle and what on earth is Weddle doing trying to strip the ball !!!????
Special Teams- Nice plays by Rainey and Camp. Kept us in the game.
Coaching- An absolute F. Harbaugh will be canned after this season. Horrific time managament and use of timeouts
cost us a chance to win the game in regulation time.

This team is a bad football team. I look at the Oakland game as an aberration.