• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Martavis Bryant

Purple&Black#20

Practice Squad
I understand your frustration but it's time for some real talent and get rid of these 1 trick pony shows. I was a big fan of Perriman but losing confidence in him. We gotta start somewhere.

jdynamite

Ravens Ring of Honor
I understand your frustration but it's time for some real talent and get rid of these 1 trick pony shows. I was a big fan of Perriman but losing confidence in him. We gotta start somewhere.

Yeah I've defended Perriman as I think many people have waited for him to fail at every opportunity since his missed that rookie year, but it's pretty evident he's not going to bounce back with us.
He doesn't get many opportunities and we the ball is tossed his way, he doesn't "make the play" when I say "make the play" I mean even if it's a terrible pass just make the catch and bail out the QB.
It's incredible that this guy has barely been targeted this season but he's been left for dead by Flacco in at least 3 games going after passes where he gets lit up by a LB or Safety.

jdynamite

Ravens Ring of Honor
As for M.Bryant while I'd love to add more talent to the offensive side of the ball, I'm not in favor of this move for a few reasons:

1) he's one suspension away from being Josh Gordon or Justin Blackmon with an indefinite suspension.

2) he's been mostly a deep threat for Steelers and he's seen fairly relaxed coverage being opposite of A.Brown and defenses also focusing on L.Bell so much. We've got a bunch of "fast guys" but only Maclin can run sound routes.

3) would this team even find ways to get him the ball deep, because they can't just line him up wide and say beat the double team, because there is no AB to take the safety away.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
We can't waste more draft picks regardless if we wanted this druggie bum or not. Already shipped two late rounders for Bergstorm and I-dont-even-fucking-know from the Cardinals... good thing they are playing amazing right

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hell no. You really want another one dimensional speedster on the team? Keep him away from here.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
My nickname for Bryant in college was 50/50. He caught the ball about that percentage of time. The way the Steelers are using him is as a deep threat and we have three players that are supposed to be deep threats, with Maclin being able to be used underneath. We need offense, but Bryant isn’t the guy. Especially since he’s one suspension away from missing an entire season.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
We can't waste more draft picks regardless if we wanted this druggie bum or not. Already shipped two late rounders for Bergstorm and I-dont-even-fucking-know from the Cardinals... good thing they are playing amazing right
One of the ol draft picks was conditional.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
One of the ol draft picks was conditional.

they were both conditionals lol - and i imagine one of the conditions of bowanko's is we'll maybe give you a 7th if we dont have to give up a 7th for bergstrom but if we do we'll maybe give you a 6th - if these guys meet the conditions of their trades (seems unlikely given their incredibly low snap counts) we could be down both our 6th and 7th round picks by season's end

Sooky

Pro Bowler
they were both conditionals lol - and i imagine one of the conditions of bowanko's is we'll maybe give you a 7th if we dont have to give up a 7th for bergstrom but if we do we'll maybe give you a 6th - if these guys meet the conditions of their trades (seems unlikely given their incredibly low snap counts) we could be down both our 6th and 7th round picks by season's end
Just put Mallett in at guard instead Id rather have the draft pick. We would get the same outcome either way.

Tru11

Practice Squad
he will probably withdraw the trade request if we come knocking lol