• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

To our new home

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sucks what happened with the original forum and their reasoning for closing us down. Kudos to you and whoever this new staff is for starting something new for us to enjoy. This board looks great already, a couple tweaks here and there and its only going to get better. I look forward to being one of the members that helps this site grow and one day surpass what we had.

Go Ravens

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm definitely keeping my options open, but right off the bat a see a couple things the could go a long way.

One is a Multi Quote feature the other would be a white background, because it would make it easier to read. That being said it looks pretty good.

I don't know how active or even if the creators of this board were active, but there were two very popular games under the fantasy section under the br.com message baords. Draft A Franchise and the Forum Mock. It may be great to have sub forums under the fantasy section for these games.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I like the way it looks. One criticism is that some of the purple font on black background is a little hard to read, but I am excited to see this place grow.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I don't know if I'm missing someting, but is there a way to post a PM.

supertolerator

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm definitely keeping my options open, but right off the bat a see a couple things the could go a long way.

One is a Multi Quote feature the other would be a white background, because it would make it easier to read. That being said it looks pretty good.

I don't know how active or even if the creators of this board were active, but there were two very popular games under the fantasy section under the br.com message baords. Draft A Franchise and the Forum Mock. It may be great to have sub forums under the fantasy section for these games.
I like the way it looks. One criticism is that some of the purple font on black background is a little hard to read, but I am excited to see this place grow.
The multi quote feature exists here. When in a thread, you can look next to the like button, where you will see a "+ Quote" button. Click that on as many posts as you want, then under the text field at the bottom of the page, you can insert the quotes. Thanks for the feedback about the color as well. I spent quite some time already trying to make everything as visible as possible and I will definitely look into making the purple more visible. Personally, I like the dark background, however, how would you feel about having a separate, lighter theme, that users could also choose from if they prefer lighter colors more?

I will talk to purplepitta who knows a lot more about the older communit(ies) than I do about the other sections you have mentioned, and we will implement those when the best time comes.

I don't know if I'm missing someting, but is there a way to post a PM.
If you look at the top of the page in the navigation bar, you will see an "Inbox" tab. There you will be able to send and receive private messages.

Yeah purple on black is tough I agree with the white background. Lighten it up
As stated above, how would you feel about a separate lighter theme for users to also choose from if they please?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
however, how would you feel about having a separate, lighter theme, that users could also choose from if they prefer lighter colors more?

I'd definitely want a an option for a lighter background. As you can see I bolded the white type on the black background and you can't tell it's bolded. Many instances just part of the quote is bolded to for emphasis.

supertolerator

Staff Member
Administrator
I'd definitely want a an option for a lighter background. As you can see I bolded the white type on the black background and you can't tell it's bolded. Many instances just part of the quote is bolded to for emphasis.
Thank you for the feedback! I will definitely get started on a lighter theme right away.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
The purple lettering is almost impossible to read.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor

RayRayRaven

Veteran
Site has all the bells and whistles. Love the maturity in approvals only. Read that the background will be lightened but all in all very impressed and the administrators name is revealing.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Site has all the bells and whistles. Love the maturity in approvals only. Read that the background will be lightened but all in all very impressed and the administrators name is revealing.

on top of that you are actually typing, I always wanted to ask you a question. Why did you always type like that anyways?

RayRayRaven

Veteran
The RayRay can't spell thing? Well, number of reasons, will tell you the other in a day or two, but I post because I am a huge Raven fan with a very different view of our direction. Plus posting as a dummy makes for a dramatic revelation when what the dummy says turns out to come true. Its for fun. I am very serious but predicting the future to the surprise of others is very amusing. Though it would be much much better to win playoff games.