• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

To our new home

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I'd definitely want a an option for a lighter background. As you can see I bolded the white type on the black background and you can't tell it's bolded. Many instances just part of the quote is bolded to for emphasis.

Maybe try a lighter background similar to the old forum?

RavensDFan

Veteran
Just want to say, kudos on the site. Looks awesome! Looking forward to future tweaks.

One suggestion: As an old(er) female, an option to leave the year out of our birthday would be appreciated lol

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
The RayRay can't spell thing? Well, number of reasons, will tell you the other in a day or two, but I post because I am a huge Raven fan with a very different view of our direction. Plus posting as a dummy makes for a dramatic revelation when what the dummy says turns out to come true. Its for fun. I am very serious but predicting the future to the surprise of others is very amusing. Though it would be much much better to win playoff games.

That's so random but I respect it lol

jdynamite

Ravens Ring of Honor
The multi quote feature exists here. When in a thread, you can look next to the like button, where you will see a "+ Quote" button. Click that on as many posts as you want, then under the text field at the bottom of the page, you can insert the quotes. Thanks for the feedback about the color as well. I spent quite some time already trying to make everything as visible as possible and I will definitely look into making the purple more visible. Personally, I like the dark background, however, how would you feel about having a separate, lighter theme, that users could also choose from if they prefer lighter colors more?

I will talk to purplepitta who knows a lot more about the older communit(ies) than I do about the other sections you have mentioned, and we will implement those when the best time comes.

If you look at the top of the page in the navigation bar, you will see an "Inbox" tab. There you will be able to send and receive private messages.

As stated above, how would you feel about a separate lighter theme for users to also choose from if they please?

I like the setup, and the looks of everything thus far. Very impressive.

I disagree with both the previous posters of things being hard to read ( trust me if this was an issue you would have complaints from me as well, seeing as how I'm very visually challenged, let's just say I'm in need of a cornea transplant in one eye. The disparity between my eyes is so great that eyeglasses isn't an option ).

I think for some they are more accustomed to white backgrounds, thus they may be adversed to the black background.

I'm fine with either.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Militant a.k.a. MILI is in the building!

And contrary to what others have said, I love this dark background. The white lettering sticks out just fine and is easily readable even though I'm using this lighter color. :D

This is our "new" home so I love the contrast of this one to the "old" one. Something things we can bring over to this one like Personal Messaging, Multi-Quoting and a few of the Forum tabs or Thread topics but let's leave out that stupid "dislikes" or "thumbs down" feature towards others posts.

I want to be a part of helping increase our membership here and to make this a very well respected forum for "THE FLOCK".

GO RAVENS!

Last edited:

supertolerator

Staff Member
Administrator
Militant a.k.a. MILI is in the building!

And contrary to what others have said, I love this dark background. The white lettering sticks out just fine and is easily readable even though I'm using this lighter color. :D This is our "new" home so I love the contrast of this one to the "old" one. Something things we can bring over to this one like Personal Messaging, Multi-Quoting and a few of the Forum tabs or Thread topics but let's leave out that stupid "likes" or "dislikes" feature towards others posts.

I want to be a part of helping increase our membership here and to make this a very well respected forum for "THE FLOCK".

GO RAVENS!
Personal messaging and multi quoting are already features here ^_^

To send a PM, you can do so by clicking on the "Inbox" tab at the top of the screen.
To use the multi quote feature, you can click on the "+ Quote" button next to the like button. Then, you can insert the quotes in the text editor at the bottom of the screen.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Personal messaging and multi quoting are already features here ^_^

To send a PM, you can do so by clicking on the "Inbox" tab at the top of the screen.
To use the multi quote feature, you can click on the "+ Quote" button next to the like button. Then, you can insert the quotes in the text editor at the bottom of the screen.

Ok kool! Thanks for the info. :cool:

Last edited:

supertolerator

Staff Member
Administrator
Just want to say, kudos on the site. Looks awesome! Looking forward to future tweaks.

One suggestion: As an old(er) female, an option to leave the year out of our birthday would be appreciated lol
When signing up, I believe that including your birth date is optional. Correct me if I am wrong.

However, if you visit the Privacy section in your user settings, you can disable others from viewing your age and or birthday.

Scottish Raven

Practice Squad
Scottish raven here. So glad i have somewhere to keep updated as i am in Glasgow Scotland and rely on these boards to stay connected. Love the new site keep it up guys

RavensDFan

Veteran
When signing up, I believe that including your birth date is optional. Correct me if I am wrong.

However, if you visit the Privacy section in your user settings, you can disable others from viewing your age and or birthday.

I can see from others who signed up earlier that it was optional at some point, but it was required when I signed up. I did try to find something in the privacy settings and could not, but will look again. Sometimes my brain misfires lol

Edit: Found it. Thank you! ^_^

jdynamite

Ravens Ring of Honor
on top of that you are actually typing, I always wanted to ask you a question. Why did you always type like that anyways?

The RayRay can't spell thing? Well, number of reasons, will tell you the other in a day or two, but I post because I am a huge Raven fan with a very different view of our direction. Plus posting as a dummy makes for a dramatic revelation when what the dummy says turns out to come true. Its for fun. I am very serious but predicting the future to the surprise of others is very amusing. Though it would be much much better to win playoff games.

Well it's surprising but not so much. I said on my last post on the old boards, that it's clearly not translation errors or auto text changing words up. First few times I saw "the RayRay writing " honestly I thought the person was driving and typing quickly or had a severely cracked screen on his phone ".

As for the dramatic revelations I'm not sure how often that occurred for you, I guess in a way you could always pretend you predicted correctly since no one could technically analyze things said.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Well it's surprising but not so much. I said on my last post on the old boards, that it's clearly not translation errors or auto text changing words up. First few times I saw "the RayRay writing " honestly I thought the person was driving and typing quickly or had a severely cracked screen on his phone ".

As for the dramatic revelations I'm not sure how often that occurred for you, I guess in a way you could always pretend you predicted correctly since no one could technically analyze things said.
May have been easier for him if he just moved the letters on the keyboard.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

You can take the year out and just include birthdate or none at all