• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Steve Bisciotti comments about the team

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
he's still sucking harbaugh, ozzie and flaccos asses

nothing new. no changes to the team are forthcoming basically.

came up with a crap theory that it doesnt matter if we finish 11-5 or 8-8 or 5-11 (basically what hes implying) not winning a SB makes it all the same.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
I don’t get why everyone wants harbaugh gone I really don’t if you take away 2015 we’ve missed the playoffs once and I don’t count 2015 because I’ve never seen a team so injury riddled...how is it that we miss the playoffs twice in 3 years and now he’s a bad coach say we miss this year that’s still 10 seasons 1 super bowl 2 AFC championship appearances 7 total playoff appearances and 3 missed and one season was .500 80% of teams in this league would die for that most teams struggle to make it to the playoffs in 10 years let alone 7 times in 10 years

K-Dog

MVP
I don’t get why everyone wants harbaugh gone I really don’t if you take away 2015 we’ve missed the playoffs once and I don’t count 2015 because I’ve never seen a team so injury riddled...how is it that we miss the playoffs twice in 3 years and now he’s a bad coach say we miss this year that’s still 10 seasons 1 super bowl 2 AFC championship appearances 7 total playoff appearances and 3 missed and one season was .500 80% of teams in this league would die for that most teams struggle to make it to the playoffs in 10 years let alone 7 times in 10 years

Spoiled fans.
Many of them have less than 15 years as fans.

All it means to me is that he's going to let things play out this season before making any decisions. I hope he doesn't go too soft on Harbaugh like Mike Brown has for the Bengals and Marvin Lewis and says, "Hey, we haven't been consistently making the playoffs but we have had tremendous success in the past!"

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Spoiled fans.
Many of them have less than 15 years as fans.
So not being a fan of a team for more than 15 years means you’re not allowed to criticize? I’ve been a Ravens fan for 12 years, and I’m entitled to an opinion.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I will bet money that not only is Harbaugh safe this season, regardless of how it ends up, but he will only be fired if playoffs are missed next year.

redrum52

Hall of Famer

Many believe that he didn't have to do much coaching with this team until after the SB season. I don't think it's a coincidence that once all the vets left this team turned to shit. Minus one year with one of the BEST OCs in the game, we've fielded top 5 worst offenses with a pretty damn good defense. People will look to the 4th quarter collapses, which were collapses only because they kept us from getting blown out for these past 4 and half years. I still don't how people will get upset with a defense that keeps you in a game for three and half quarters then get upset when they finally break while the other side of the ball looks comatose for same 3 and half, not realizing the other teams defense is doing the exact same fucking thing WITH MORE REST.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

We've actually missed the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 years.

2013: 8-8 (missed playoffs)
2014: 10-6 (made playoffs; lost in Div round)
2015: 5-11 (missed playoffs)
2016: 8-8 (missed playoffs)

Also, if you take our combined record after the SB win (including this year) then we sit at 34-36 which is the definition of mediocre. So, if we miss the playoffs again this year (very likely if we don't fix the offensive issues) then that would be missing the playoffs 4 out of the last 5 years. Most head coaches would be, at the very least, on the hot seat after that regardless of any excuses like having an injury-riddled team.

I like John Harbaugh and he's done a great job in his time here until recently, but it may be time to start thinking about going in a different direction. This is a results-oriented league and we're not getting the results that we want right now. I would say that Harbaugh is gone after next season if we fail to make the playoffs this year and next. He still has time to right the ship, but if he can't do it then it's time for a new head coach with a different philosophy.

K-Dog

MVP
So not being a fan of a team for more than 15 years means you’re not allowed to criticize? I’ve been a Ravens fan for 12 years, and I’m entitled to an opinion.

Where did I say that?

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I used to like harbs, but not anymore. I just think the same issues keep plaguing this team for several years and that needs to change from top bottom. Many of us are tired of same story/message he always gives. I definitely think if we miss playoffs this year he will start out on the hot seat next season.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
We've actually missed the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 years.

2013: 8-8 (missed playoffs)
2014: 10-6 (made playoffs; lost in Div round)
2015: 5-11 (missed playoffs)
2016: 8-8 (missed playoffs)

Also, if you take our combined record after the SB win (including this year) then we sit at 34-36 which is the definition of mediocre. So, if we miss the playoffs again this year (very likely if we don't fix the offensive issues) then that would be missing the playoffs 4 out of the last 5 years. Most head coaches would be, at the very least, on the hot seat after that regardless of any excuses like having an injury-riddled team.

I like John Harbaugh and he's done a great job in his time here until recently, but it may be time to start thinking about going in a different direction. This is a results-oriented league and we're not getting the results that we want right now. I would say that Harbaugh is gone after next season if we fail to make the playoffs this year and next. He still has time to right the ship, but if he can't do it then it's time for a new head coach with a different philosophy.
Notice I said I’m not counting the 2015 season that’s just me personally I don’t really count it when I take things into consideration

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I will bet money that not only is Harbaugh safe this season, regardless of how it ends up, but he will only be fired if playoffs are missed next year.
Well he is most definitely on the hot seat this year. You may be right.

All of the injuries may save him this year.

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
The way I view it is that Harbaugh is neither an offensive or a defensive wizard, and as a coach he excelled because he was a motivator. There have been far too many times this year where the effort is shit or the players seem disinterested. So at what point does that not become enough?

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't think firing harbs is the solution. Biscotti is right about 'it comes down a lot to the bounce of the ball'. We want a simple solution to a complex problem. The ravens have a strategy&philosophy and Harbs is there to execute it. I think giving your HC to much power rarely works, to my view Harbs is involved too much in stuff he shouldn't have a saying in. Biscotti and the board (long-term strategy), Ozzie&DeCosta (medium-term:roster, drafts) and Harbaugh(day-to-day). If you want to be successful you have to be open to new things and an ability to adapt. Thats why I hope Biscotti hires a new staff and brings in some new energetic guys because Pees&MM are done. Esp. Pees, his interview says more than enough. The way our offense plays these days isn't working anymore, we're down a dead-end road.