• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Steve Bisciotti comments about the team

RayRayRaven

Veteran
he's still sucking harbaugh, ozzie and flaccos asses

nothing new. no changes to the team are forthcoming basically.

came up with a crap theory that it doesnt matter if we finish 11-5 or 8-8 or 5-11 (basically what hes implying) not winning a SB makes it all the same.

yeah, sure looks like bisciotti is ignoring the evidence.

if they miss the playoffs these next 2 seasons i would add ozzie to those talks as well.

ozze is primarily responsible. if you're gonna part ways with harball, ozze has to take the golden parachute into retirement. A new GM with the coach of his choosing.

I don't think firing harbs is the solution. Biscotti is right about 'it comes down a lot to the bounce of the ball'. We want a simple solution to a complex problem. The ravens have a strategy&philosophy and Harbs is there to execute it. I think giving your HC to much power rarely works, to my view Harbs is involved too much in stuff he shouldn't have a saying in. Biscotti and the board (long-term strategy), Ozzie&DeCosta (medium-term:roster, drafts) and Harbaugh(day-to-day). If you want to be successful you have to be open to new things and an ability to adapt. Thats why I hope Biscotti hires a new staff and brings in some new energetic guys because Pees&MM are done. Esp. Pees, his interview says more than enough. The way our offense plays these days isn't working anymore, we're down a dead-end road.

neither does bisciotti

I agree with Bisciotti's long term strategy in principle but what irks me is the way he treats the numbers in the whole picture. Those 4 out of 5 (yes, I am sure we won't make it again) seasons of not going to postseason all happened in the second half of Harbaugh's tenure, so it's clear his performance is deteriorating.

Injuries, tipped passes, all that shit are just excuses. The one thing Harbaugh was consistently successful at was hyping up our playmakers and the team's playoff / SB chances before the each season's start. I guess that helps with keeping bums in seats and that bottom line is the primary measure of success for Steve. I'm afraid more of mediocrity now and in the near future might bite Bisciotti in the ass if he's not careful.

hes the same harball, his talent is deteriorating and without top talent he is an average coach at best. bisciotti may have to sell to part ways amicably with his friends.

Anyone know any prospective billionaires?

Donald trump wants an nfl team in the worst way, but the investigation is liable to illustrate all of his money is Russian backing so that wont help him buy the ravens comrade

I would keep Ozzie and start over fresh at QB and HC, personally. I think the Ravens have a lot of really good building blocks for a new coach to work with.

I always felt that Steve not being knee-jerk reactionary was a really good thing in general it is. However, taking a critical look at how we've performed for some years now - how we've drafted, how we've used what talent we do have on the field and what kind of production we've gotten out of our franchise QB warrants honest evaluation.

I am afraid Steve has gotten too personally attached to his guys. They are understandably close. Together they did achieve the pinnacle of the sport. What worries me about Steve is that he just doesn't have the desire to do what it takes when an overhaul to this team is needed. He clearly does this for the love and joy of it and it is clearly no fun to have to fire people you've come to respect. I don't know if he's going to have the heart to cut loose his close comrades in that process.

To say what we're seeing on the field now is all about the bounce of a ball is ludicrous. We're playing shit football. A virtual miracle was given last game with two special teams blown coverages and even with those gifts we lose to a rookie QB who was required to do virtually nothing to best us. That's the bounce of a ball? And how about today's stellar performance? Was that a bounce of the ball?

We''re in trouble - and denial from ownership is a concern.

yeah the bounce of the ball excuse is five years old. the football is an oval object it bounces funny for every team. for crying out loud. as far as bisciotti being in intractable denial, scary ain't it? well stated sir.

Inqui

Pro Bowler
in the end harball will have had a 10 yr run in Baltimore but if bisciotti can't see harball is over in Baltimore bisciotti has to go to. harball was fine with a good team but for disciplinary reasons he helped disband it. we don't need no more harball. unless its jim.

its time for john harball to apply his trade elsewhere and for the ravens to have a youth movement at all levels.
Serious question, how do you propose that happen? I think we might come up a little short if we started a donation drive on this forum - we might need a little help from the RSR board too. :p

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Serious question, how do you propose that happen? I think we might come up a little short if we started a donation drive on this forum - we might need a little help from the RSR board too. :p
We need to all start donating plasma NOW!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think Bowser is gonna buck that trend. Dude makes plays in coverage and has turned into a solid blitzer. Like Tim Williams, if he can ever set the edge in the run game he's going to be a pro bowler.

Apparently Ozzie took over in the draft again in 2016. And I think it shows tbh. Not that I think DeCosta is horrible, but I think there's a clear margin. Correa is a bust at this point. I know it's too early, but man that was a mind-boggling pick.

We need to fix this shit though. A lot of the team's struggles are on Ozzie.
How do you know that Ozzie took over the draft again in 2017 or that they aren’t doing it together? Source?