• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Mark Andrews or Orlando Brown, Jr.

Would you rather extend Mark Andrews or Orlando Brown, Jr.

• Mark Andrews

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Orlando Brown, Jr.

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Next season will be year four for both Andrews and Brown. There is a camp out there that would rather extend Andrews or Brown and I'm wondering where you are.

If the front office extends early like they have been in recent years, this is the offseason we find out who gets extended. It's quite possible we extend one and franchise the other.

Both of these players have been extremely valuable and Mark Andrews has been Lamar's best receiver and I'm not sure we will let him go. He will. also cost less than Orlando Brown Jr, but OBJ has shown how valuable he is this season ever since Stanley has gone down. I'm sure teams will be willing to pay him left tackle money.

Who do you want to resign and who do you think the team resigns.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Next season will be year four for both Andrews and Brown. There is a camp out there that would rather extend Andrews or Brown and I'm wondering where you are.

If the front office extends early like they have been in recent years, this is the offseason we find out who gets extended. It's quite possible we extend one and franchise the other.

Both of these players have been extremely valuable and Mark Andrews has been Lamar's best receiver and I'm not sure we will let him go. He will. also cost less than Orlando Brown Jr, but OBJ has shown how valuable he is this season ever since Stanley has gone down. I'm sure teams will be willing to pay him left tackle money.

Who do you want to resign and who do you think the team resigns.
Brown you rarely find a OT of his caliber in later rounds like we did. He's versatile enough to play both LT and RT. Most college tackles aren't good enough and/or do not meet the physical threshold the position requires.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I really want Andrews to stay. But I think Brown would be the wiser choice if we can only choose one.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
The cheaper version would be Andrews but boy is this a tough one. OBJ has shown so much flexibilty and I don't see Phillips as the answer at RT just yet.

So I think we resign Andrews but I'd rather as the poll says resign OBJ.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Brown you rarely find a OT of his caliber in later rounds like we did. He's versatile enough to play both LT and RT. Most college tackles aren't good enough and/or do not meet the physical threshold the position requires.
I totally agree and believe it's easier to find a TE than it is a OT the caliber of Zeus also.
I really want Andrews to stay. But I think Brown would be the wiser choice if we can only choose one.

I agree with both of you and picked Orlando Brown as well, but financially I do believe we end up going the Andrews route unless Zeus gives us a home town discount, which won't happen.

Reactions: cdp

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
andrews, hes elite and is the key cog in the passing game, our passing game rarely goes when andrews has an off day which has happened but not often.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
It’s a hard choice but Brown Jr for me because he’s pretty much consistently good and has shown he can do both sides and I think that’s important here for us. I love Mark Andrews and what he brings and he is our very best weapon but his hands are sometimes suspect despite his talent. If we can keep both then do it otherwise my choice is clear

rossihunter2

Staff Member
this is so tough but right now I'd have to say Orlando - it's such a massive boon to your team to have 2 pro bowl bookends locked in long-term

it's tough because Andrews is so clearly the number 1 receiver here right now but we've seen how Lamar can pick teams apart when he has time in the pocket

ultimately though we have to find a way to keep players who are among the best at their position on our team - both Orlando and Andrews fit that mould but it's whether we'll have the space to retain them and Lamar when it comes to it

otherwise they'd both be no-brainers

but if i absolutely had to choose im choosing Orlando right now

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i think a couple of rough hands games from andrews has people seriously underestimating him. i get that hes pissed us off a few times, but man andrews is special, his craftiness to get himself separation, and his freakish body control and ability to just extend and contort and climb the ladder for seriously tough catches, is SPECIAL, its rare and you simply dont find it often, he is crucial to this offense moving chains, in the red zone, big plays, blocking, mismatches, you name it and andrews is a key part of it.

the disrespect lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
i think a couple of rough hands games from andrews has people seriously underestimating him. i get that hes pissed us off a few times, but man andrews is special, his craftiness to get himself separation, and his freakish body control and ability to just extend and contort and climb the ladder for seriously tough catches, is SPECIAL, its rare and you simply dont find it often, he is crucial to this offense moving chains, in the red zone, big plays, blocking, mismatches, you name it and andrews is a key part of it.

the disrespect lol

its not disrespect - it's just a deep appreciation for Orlando

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor

the disrespect lol
I love Andrews and he's an integral part of our offense. As we saw today our offense was on fire when he was. OT are so much harder to find than TE. Lamar has gotten a lot better over the last couple of game because our OL finally holds up.
I know this is an Andrews OR Brown question, but I believe EdC will find a way to extend both.

LSURavenFan

Veteran
I think it's a really tough call. The draft could play a big role in who the Ravens decide to keep.

If the Ravens could somehow land Kyle Pitts, then I think you let Andrews walk. Realistically, there are a lot of OT that could go in the 15-25 range. Maybe the Ravens go that way, and you keep Andrews.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor

the disrespect lol
It’s no disrespect—it’s clear that Andrews is our #1 threat and that’s a problem with the offense more than an indictment for Andrews. That being said, Andrews is awesome and has proven to be such with Flacco and Lamar as well as other guys too. That to me is the definition of an elite talent because they transcend the player throwing them the ball. That said, as much as I love Andrews and would want to keep him, the offense doesn’t work well when the OL falls apart and I don’t think Andrews helps us much if we can’t get him the ball. Our offense is also very focused on our run game and I don’t expect that to change. As a result, I think Brown is just more important to the team than Andrews.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
It's a tough one because obviously we can't keep both but even for as much as I love Andrews, I'm keeping Orlando over him. Kyle Pitts or even the Penn State TE in the first would give us someone just as reliable as Mark but on the cheap for 4 years while keeping our offensive line in tact with Brown. That way we just got to figure out the starters at Guard and Center and we are set for a good while if we keep OBJ.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
It's a tough one because obviously we can't keep both but even for as much as I love Andrews, I'm keeping Orlando over him. Kyle Pitts or even the Penn State TE in the first would give us someone just as reliable as Mark but on the cheap for 4 years while keeping our offensive line in tact with Brown. That way we just got to figure out the starters at Guard and Center and we are set for a good while if we keep OBJ.
its a massive stretch to assume any TE currently in college can live up to andrews. remember that these guys are only projections based on traits and even the most promising prospects bust at an alarming rate. there is nothing you can point to on film of either of those players that suggests they could have the same level of smarts and savvy at the pro level, nor is there anything to suggest they could develop the same connection with lamar that andrews has.

this kind of post is why i said the whole "the disrespect" thing earlier lol, a lot may be high respect for brown, but to say there are 2 college TEs right now that are as quality as andrews is literally just disrespect to andrews lol, this man has been dominant for 2 years in the nfl and has shown no signs of slowing down.

Reactions: cdp

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm keeping Lamar's go-to-cat; Andrews!

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I love Andrews and he's an integral part of our offense. As we saw today our offense was on fire when he was. OT are so much harder to find than TE. Lamar has gotten a lot better over the last couple of game because our OL finally holds up.
I know this is an Andrews OR Brown question, but I believe EdC will find a way to extend both.
You may be right and we would love this. To able to keep two of the best players at their respective positions would be huge.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'll put it this way...

If the Ravens can afford to keep Brown, then they can afford to keep both. Andrews is not going to be priced in the Kelce/Kittle market.

But because I don't see any possible scenario where the Ravens can basically pay $40M a year for two Tackles, which is what it will take, I think Andrews stays and Brown is gone.

Brown will never play LT here without an injury to Stanley (who is still better than him), and Brown will have a LONG list of suitors in FA to pay him to play LT.