• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 404 Yards, The Lamar and The PLAYOFFS BABY!!!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
has similar lateral mobility issues that skura had - but he was a guy that EDC clearly loved as a udfa - literally the day they signed him (after the draft finished), there's a video of him and Harbs chatting and EDC literally mentions how they got a C they really liked as a free agent - was clearly talking about TCC

but we've also got 3 years of control on TCC vs 0 years control on Skura and the fact that right now they're that close in terms of play makes this a no-brainer
yes, I remember seeing that video

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Two more things.

1. I concur with @rossihunter2 , these announcers were a complete contrast from last week. Trash and boring AF. I basically zoned out from listening to them.

2. Shout out to the Ravens fans in attendance. It seemed like a 50/50 split in Cincy.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Two more things.

1. I concur with @rossihunter2 , these announcers were a complete contrast from last week. Trash and boring AF. I basically zoned out from listening to them.

2. Shout out to the Ravens fans in attendance. It seemed like a 50/50 split in Cincy.
That one announcer is the worst, idk his name but his annunciation is the absolute worst in the business, it’s unbearable, I’ve been hearing his trash annunciation in highlight videos all year and I cringe every time. Just listen to him when Hollywood catches the first TD “ITS A TOUCHDOWINEH TO BROWINEH” like why are you adding so many extra sounds to the end of these words? Fucker talks like a valley girl, like he’s straight out of the Clueless cast

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
He should be our starting center for the rest of the year.
Mekari was playing well at C also, but seeing TCC play and move people in the run game was great to see. He was obviously a FO draft target that went undrafted.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I hate to say it, but the more and more I watch and the more and more I see our Oline improve...

Oline isn't going to be a big area of emphasis for us in the offseason. If there's one thing I've learned about Harbaugh, Roman, and this franchise, its that they value a) depth and b) continuity. I don't think they have any desire to spend 3-4 first round picks on the Oline like other teams do.

I think if the Ravens could go into next season with Stanley/Bozeman/Mekari/Powers/Brown, and they can get them to play together for most of the season, they will have zero issue doing so and not spend that much time looking for upgrades. I'm sure they like TCC, and I'm sure they'll look to add a Tackle or two, but I think they're 100% looking more towards adding depth/competition for backup jobs than they are looking for upgrades.

I think those of us that were hoping for like a first round Center or Guard, or even FA signings, I think are going to be disappointed. And honestly, I can't blame them. We can, in my eyes, win a Lombardi with that group.

I think Bozeman and Powers have done more than enough to warrant incumbent starter status, the Tackles are obviously locked in. And I think they have no issue playing Mekari for 16 games, especially if they like TCC as a backup. I would anticipate Oline to be addressed on day 3 of the draft, similar to other years.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
if mekari is healthy then he should be starting
TCC showed enough though that I'd be comfortable with him backing up

Yeah the continuity is important and if needed Mekari could shift to another spot in case of injury. Realy was happy with the way TCC performed tho and I might not be crying so hard for a center in the next draft.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah the continuity is important and if needed Mekari could shift to another spot in case of injury. Realy was happy with the way TCC performed tho and I might not be crying so hard for a center in the next draft.

im not even talking about for continuity purposes - Mekari is just better right now than the other options at that spot

we'll see with TCC he's done well and better than should be expected of a udfa C but I wouldn't say I'm convinced yet that he's going to be in anyway a consideration in terms of how we plan for the future

Simba

Staff Member
I do think it's kind of interesting how all of our Cs are UDFAs - Skura, Mekari, and now TCC. We can certainly identify some decent talent there, that's for sure.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I do think it's kind of interesting how all of our Cs are UDFAs - Skura, Mekari, and now TCC. We can certainly identify some decent talent there, that's for sure.
And prior to that, Ryan jensen, small school 6th rounder

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
it's not only identifying, but also developing them, but yes we absolutely no how to identify udfa and not just at the center position. That is a huge advantage.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

not only that but Mekari had never even played guard let alone C before we drafted him - it's partly why i like him at C more than skura and TCC because he's got that tackle-like footwork and mobility in his background

rossihunter2

Staff Member
watching some of the coaches film and it's amazing to me that we put up over 400 yds despite the fact that Miles Boykin didn't really know what he was doing in that willie snead role - fair play to him he was thrust into that role with only a week's notice but he frequently didn't really know when he needed to motion and when he was motioning he didn't really seem to know/understand his responsibility as a blocker - I think he was just panicking and blocking the first guy he could find but that's very much not what that role is

if snead can't go hopefully the extra week helps miles improve in that role

organizedchaos21

Practice Squad
watching some of the coaches film and it's amazing to me that we put up over 400 yds despite the fact that Miles Boykin didn't really know what he was doing in that willie snead role - fair play to him he was thrust into that role with only a week's notice but he frequently didn't really know when he needed to motion and when he was motioning he didn't really seem to know/understand his responsibility as a blocker - I think he was just panicking and blocking the first guy he could find but that's very much not what that role is

if snead can't go hopefully the extra week helps miles improve in that role

The one play where Lamar tells him to move, he stands there, Lamar tells him to move again, he stands there, then Andrews gives him a huge arm wave like "GET THE FUCK OVER THERE!" all while the play clock was dipping dangerously low was hilarious to me. Sometime in Q3, I think.