• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 404 Yards, The Lamar and The PLAYOFFS BABY!!!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The one play where Lamar tells him to move, he stands there, Lamar tells him to move again, he stands there, then Andrews gives him a huge arm wave like "GET THE FUCK OVER THERE!" all while the play clock was dipping dangerously low was hilarious to me. Sometime in Q3, I think.

i think it happened at least 1 other time too

and that wasnt even what made me come here to talk about it either lol - when he's motioning across like snead would i think he just doesnt quite know who he's supposed to be blocking - it's a complex picture if he hasnt seen it before and he'd end up trying to block the guy who's supposed to be Bozeman's - it happened a few times early in the game (i stopped noticing it - or maybe it stopped happening later in the game)

but on the play you're referencing it also looked like he just had no idea what he was doing after he motioned either - like he just ran a wheel route and stopped sort of in space - and watching it live i was like surely that cant be the route he's being asked to run on this play lol

dont get me wrong this isnt really me slighting boykin because 1) he's not a slot receiver 2) he's never been asked to do this before 3) the picture's complex and completely different to anything he would have seen before 4) he's had a week to learn this role

although it does beg the question... how do we have no other receiver who has run that role before?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
speaking of Boykin, he seems to have had 1 catch in each of the last 5 games, but I believe 3 of them have been touchdowns. Would be really nice if he could have more receptions and carve out a bigger role for himself as a receiver.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
speaking of Boykin, he seems to have had 1 catch in each of the last 5 games, but I believe 3 of them have been touchdowns. Would be really nice if he could have more receptions and carve out a bigger role for himself as a receiver.
I’ve really liked what I’ve seen, he seems to have turned a bit of a corner at least a little bit, and Lamar’s been more in touch with him as well because he was just as bad as Boykin on a lot of their miscues