• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Bills fan here..

Billsfan412

Practice Squad
I think this is going to be a good game but I really don't see how Raven secondary is going to cover our WR. Just like we are going to have a problem stopping the run. The QB matchup Allen has been better throwing than lamar and allen has been almost as dangerous running as lamar. We can't cover tight ends so Andrews will have a good day. Michah hyde is going to be spying jackson. Hyde is fast as **** and he spied murray when we played the Cardinals. Bills mafia fans will definitely help vs the ravens offense. Our secondary will probably lock down your WR. Tre will definitely blanket hollywood so what's that leave you with? An old Dez Bryant? This will allow us to put one more man in the box.

I think it's a toss up at this point and you're right that it probably comes down to how well the Ravens DBs deal with the Bills receivers and/or how well the Bills can stop the run. Our secondary is all back and healthy now so it's going to be fun finding out. How's Diggs' injury?

Also come on man, Allen's been great, but 421 yards at 4.1 YPC is not 'nearly as dangerous' as 1005 yards at 6.3 YPC; those are different leagues.

Billsfan412

Practice Squad
Dude diggs isn't hurt. He's only listed as questionable because the NFL did away with probable. It's like when Tom brady was on the injury report all the time. Does he even look hurt? Peters and hump can't cover diggs. We also have John Brown and Cole... Who is covering everyone? Your WRs aren't special leaving poyer or hyde to play more in the box

Ah that's cool - didn't know anything about Diggs designation but we all want to see the best players play. I would think Humphrey will go with Diggs but who knows. Between him, Peters, Smith and now Averett I can't see any Buffalo receiver getting an easy ride. Would think the game plan is going to be to get in Allen's face and see if we can scramble him but he's been so good this year.

On the other side, no-one is going to claim our receivers are anything special; your job is to stop the run. Everyone knows that and no-one seems to be able to. If you sell out though, Lamar will hit Hollywood or Andrews - or just take off.

I don't know how it's going to play out but I am damn sure excited to see it happen. Think we win but hey, I'm biased ;)

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Dude diggs isn't hurt. He's only listed as questionable because the NFL did away with probable. It's like when Tom brady was on the injury report all the time. Does he even look hurt? Peters and hump can't cover diggs. We also have John Brown and Cole... Who is covering everyone? Your WRs aren't special leaving poyer or hyde to play more in the box
I mean... Beasley had 57 and Brown had zero yards on four targets against Indy. Why is Indy's secondary better than Baltimore?

I don't really care how many yards Diggs has. He could have 200 and you can get blown out. Wouldn't surprise anybody. It's the playoffs. Nothing is going to be easy. I would have thought the Colts game showed you that. If your entire focus is on "how are they going to cover our receivers", you're probably not focusing on the right areas to begin with.

Billsfan412

Practice Squad
No team was blitzed more in 2020 than the Buffalo Bills.

No team's defense blitzed more in 2020 than the Baltimore Ravens.

Here's a glance at Josh Allen's stats this season vs. pressure/no pressure and when blitzed/not blitzed, courtesy of @PFF. https://t.co/hLcJ9tJU0R

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
No team was blitzed more in 2020 than the Buffalo Bills.

No team's defense blitzed more in 2020 than the Baltimore Ravens.

Here's a glance at Josh Allen's stats this season vs. pressure/no pressure and when blitzed/not blitzed, courtesy of @PFF. https://t.co/hLcJ9tJU0R

My guy, the Bills are a really good team and Allen put together a really nice year. The ravens had a hot start a slow middle and hot conclusion to the season. All I know is that no one on this board or the one you typically read should be supremely confident their team is going to win. It will probably be close like every game not named the Chicago vs NO.

Billsfan412

Practice Squad
Listen... We need this. Buffalo needs it. I can argue Buffalo is the most hungry team left in the playoffs. Never won a bowl and the city has the best fans in the world hands down

Listen... We need this. Baltimore needs it. I can argue Baltimore is the most hungry team left in the playoffs. Need another bowl and the city has the best fans in the world hands down

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Listen... We need this. Buffalo needs it. I can argue Buffalo is the most hungry team left in the playoffs. Never won a bowl and the city has the best fans in the world hands down
Let’s hear the argument then. How are they the most hungry team left??

Simba

Staff Member
This is a fun introduction.

"Hi Bills fan here and these are all the ways our team is better than yours"

Corvus Purpura

Practice Squad
I was genuinely shocked that only a single Titans troll showed up this year after the barrage prior to the game last year. Maybe it's the Bills' turn.
"Our team has never won anything but we're here to tell you, the only team with multiple Super Bowl wins without a defeat, how great we are and you suck."

Billsfan412

Practice Squad
Also who have you played? What good teams have you beaten??? We beat 3 playoff teams. You lost to overrated steelers TWICE!!! We waxed thru the NFC west and the afc west. Your schedule is super soft. NFC East and the AFC south??? Wow what a joke. Jacksonville, Houston, bengals 2x, Giants, eagles cowboys redskins, patriots the worst 11 and 5 team ever steelers 2x?? Woof half your schedule was a joke. Where are your good wins? Indy? The browns? That's it

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think this is going to be a good game but I really don't see how Raven secondary is going to cover our WR. Just like we are going to have a problem stopping the run. The QB matchup Allen has been better throwing than lamar and allen has been almost as dangerous running as lamar. We can't cover tight ends so Andrews will have a good day. Michah hyde is going to be spying jackson. Hyde is fast as **** and he spied murray when we played the Cardinals. Bills mafia fans will definitely help vs the ravens offense. Our secondary will probably lock down your WR. Tre will definitely blanket hollywood so what's that leave you with? An old Dez Bryant? This will allow us to put one more man in the box.

the problem with the ravens rushing attack is that it's almost impossible not to lose the numbers advantage as a defence - if the ravens are in the right call it doesnt matter how many guys you bring into the box, you'll be wrong because the scheme is so good

i think the bills passing attacks is great and brian daboll should probably win assistant coach of the year but the ravens have top to bottom the deepest and best group of corners in the league - they go 4 deep in terms of starters so there'll be no hesitancy to man-up

spying lamar is a waste of a player - a spy gives up another man - very few teams have even bothered spying lamar because it's basically pointless because you need more than 1 person to corral him - if your defensive plan is to spy him with only 1 designated spy then we'll take those easy 7-10 yards every single play

Bills are great, and are the 2 seed for a reason but it seems naive to just dismiss the ravens based purely on your above judgements in terms of personnel

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I was genuinely shocked that only a single Titans troll showed up this year after the barrage prior to the game last year. Maybe it's the Bills' turn.
"Our team has never won anything but we're here to tell you, the only team with multiple Super Bowl wins without a defeat, how great we are and you suck."

it's probably because most of those titans trolls got suspended last time they popped up

Billsfan412

Practice Squad
The michael vick wannabe is the only thing that works for you guys on offense. Stop him and everything shuts down on the run game. Air attacks are not going to be a problem. Your QB throws more worm burners than anything. Put 7 in the box, leave tre white on an island with hollywood, bracket the tight end and take our chances with your #2 WR matched up with Levi wallace. Don't forget the bills know this Greg roman offense. We were there, it doesn't work long term, the slow ground and pound doesn't win in the long term. Ask Rex Ryan and we had the exact same player as lamar!!! In Tyrod taylor. If we jump out to a decent lead 17 points it's over. Our run defense isn't great yes, but they are disciplined, they can nut up when it's time to. Look at the colts last drive, they couldn't even get into FG range. Last year when you best us it was one fluke play over the middle to the long haired hippee receiver

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The michael vick wannabe is the only thing that works for you guys on offense. Stop him and everything shuts down on the run game. Air attacks are not going to be a problem. Your QB throws more worm burners than anything. Put 7 in the box, leave tre white on an island with hollywood, bracket the tight end and take our chances with your #2 WR matched up with Levi wallace. Don't forget the bills know this Greg roman offense. We were there, it doesn't work long term, the slow ground and pound doesn't win in the long term. Ask Rex Ryan and we had the exact same player as lamar!!! In Tyrod taylor. If we jump out to a decent lead 17 points it's over. Our run defense isn't great yes, but they are disciplined, they can nut up when it's time to. Look at the colts last drive, they couldn't even get into FG range. Last year when you best us it was one fluke play over the middle to the long haired hippee receiver

if you're just gonna start trolling then we'll stop engaging and you'll be outta here