• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 8 Discussion (Other Teams)

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Ok... let's slow the roll here NFL. It's Week 8 and this season may seem strange but it only goes to show the NFL can teach other sports(looking at you NBA) about parity and the slogan "Any Given Sunday" is the reality we live in now.

Vikings @ Browns: History shows that losing in London is not a good sign if your a NFL Head Coach. Could London claim another poor soul in Hue Jackson after a loss to the Vikings? Or will the Browns trick everyone into thinking things will turn around.... who are we kidding. #SameOldBrowns

Falcons @ Jets: The Falcons tricked their fans into thinking they were going to win the Super Bowl, and last week treated their fans by never having a lead to blow to begin with! The surprising Jets have treated their fans with a nice surprise this season and look to keep the Falcons AFC East losing streak in tact on Sunday.

Panthers @ Buccaneers: Most certainly this game could be a treat to watch but a trick as most thought this game would go a long way toward deciding the NFC South. Instead the Bucs sit 2-4 while the Panthers look to rebound after losing to the Bears last week.

Bears @ Saints: A Trick or Treat for the Saints in a year that could very well see the end of the Drew Brees era in New Orleans, who are leading the NFC South and look to stop the Bears winning streak at two games. Or will Mitchell Trubisky and the Bears surprise us all with a huge road win in New Orleans?

49ers @ Eagles:The Eagles are legit in 2017? TREAT. The Browns were indeed tricked by their analytics department to pass on Carson Wentz has he passed Donovan McNabb for most Touchdowns by an Eagles QB through the first 7 games. Now the Eagles look to keep the 49ers number one draft pick hopes alive with another win.

Chargers @ Patriots?
Are The Chargers truly giving the Los Angeles Market a treat with their winning ways as of late? It's still too early to find out but the Chargers are looking for their 4th straight win against the Patriots and a win could go a long way toward a possible now open AFC West.

Raiders @ Bills: How many times will the Raiders be tricked into multiple untimed downs in order to win this game? If there is one thing that is freighting for the Pats, it's the breathing down their neck they haven't had in quite some time in this divison. The Bills look for another huge win to keep their playoff hopes alive in a tight AFC.

Colts @ Bengals: Andrew Luck will play for the Colts in 2017? Nobody seems to know but the Colts did a fine job tricking us into thinking he would play by taking him off PUP. Jacoby Brisset has done well but the Colts are still a disaster that will take years for new GM Chris Ballard to clean up after the mess Ryan Grigson left him. The Bengals meanwhile.... could 2017 be the year all Bengals fans get the treat they have been waiting for? Could Marvin Lewis finally be fired? Nah... one year contract extension in his bucket courtesy of Mike Brown.

Texans @ Seahawks: How many quarterbacks are the Browns analytics going to trick them out of? First Wentz, and now Watson who is doing just as well as Wentz. It's definitley a tricky place to play in Seattle and especially for a rookie quarterback. Can the 12th man be enough to overcome Watson and the Texans offense?

Cowboys @ Redskins: The Redskins look to bounce back at home against the Dallas Cowboys after a road divisional loss to the Eagles. Kirk Cousins is doing a fine job auditioning for a team next year but will he trick them into giving him a big contract by leading the Redskins to the playoffs?

Steelers @ Lions: The Detroit Lions can do something they haven't done in 19 years, beat the Pittsburgh Steelers. Yes, the Lions last victory over the Steelers came in 1998, and they like to keep up with the Vikings in the NFC North by winning in primetime. It would indeed be a treat for us if they could so hopefully they have some tricks up their sleeve in order to knock off the Steelers on Sunday Night.

Broncos @ Chiefs: They were the mighty 5-0 Chiefs standing alone atop the NFL, then they decided to dress up as the 2016 Minnesota Vikings. The Vikings started off 5-0, and then loss their next 4. The Chiefs have already lost their last two games. The Broncos coming off a shutout performance against the Chargers, it seems it is anyone's division to win with the AFC West wide open.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
ive actually really enjoyed watching the bills this year - and their matchup with the raiders might be the best of the week
but like last week there seem to be a lot of poor matchups in this slate

texans seahawks could be fun, cowboys redskins could also be a good game, steelers lions also has potential but im not hopeful

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Kizer is minced meat to that Vikings defense.

Raiders/Bills is huge for Wild Card implications (a game we need to keep an eye on). Cowboys/Redskins is basically a pick em in my view. Should be a back-and-forth game as the Skins will have Home Field Disadvantage (home game for DAL like last week).

Lions will disappoint us and I hope the Chiefs can do us a favor.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Kizer is minced meat to that Vikings defense.

Raiders/Bills is huge for Wild Card implications (a game we need to keep an eye on). Cowboys/Redskins is basically a pick em in my view. Should be a back-and-forth game as the Skins will have Home Field Disadvantage (home game for DAL like last week).

Lions will disappoint us and I hope the Chiefs can do us a favor.
Skins have a lot of injuries. Scherff had an mcl on Monday, Norman is out, Trent is playing on a bad kneecap, Mosely was hobbled. I believe the only OL player that played all snaps was Shawn laveau. Dallas will win this game goin* away.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Steelers tell WR Martavis Bryant that he will be inactive in week 8. Tomlin says he will be inactive due to "social media", this comes after he lashed out on instragram on teammate JuJu Smith-Schuster and calling for a trade. Interesting that they won't trade him but yet he is inactive just before the deadline. Keep him healthy in order to not lose leverage in trade talks.

http://rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/...l-be-inactive-week-8?ls=roto:PIT:topheadlines

Also much like Aaron Donald, Texans LT Duane Brown ends holdout and getting nothing out of it. Duane Brown returned to the team and is expected to play this Sunday against the Seahawks.

http://rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/...ected-to-play-sunday?ls=roto:HOU:topheadlines

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Skins have a lot of injuries. Scherff had an mcl on Monday, Norman is out, Trent is playing on a bad kneecap, Mosely was hobbled. I believe the only OL player that played all snaps was Shawn laveau. Dallas will win this game goin* away.
Eh, but when it comes to rivalry games, that stuff usually goes out the window. I mean, look at our PS team in 2015 led by Mallett against the Steelers.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Eh, but when it comes to rivalry games, that stuff usually goes out the window. I mean, look at our PS team in 2015 led by Mallett against the Steelers.
Yeah I know all about that stuff. It’s possible they win, but I don’t think they will. It’s not RFK Stadium anymore. That was a Stadium and a very loud one at that.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Yeah I know all about that stuff. It’s possible they win, but I don’t think they will. It’s not RFK Stadium anymore. That was a Stadium and a very loud one at that.
I hear ya and it's gonna be a home game for the 'Boys. Just you watch.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Very surprised the Browns have actually been somewhat competitive here. They even led at one point but it seems 0-8 is still going to happen.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The AFC East is giving all kinds of trouble to the Falcons this season. Bad snap leads to rookie Jamal Adams recovering a fumble for the Jets.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
What does NE put in the drinking water to have their opponents make this ekind sof mistakes
So ridiculous. I’m also not sure the safety was a safety. Looks like he should have been on the niche line

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
It's like the AFC East is their kryptonite. Now the Jets just downed a punt at the 1 yard line making it their 3rd punt downed inside the 10.
Same happened in 2013, the last time they played the AFC East. Oh yeah, they got swept.