• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2021 Offseason Thread

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I am still having problems understanding how 3 plays/targets on the year and losing your PR job is enough sample size to see that he has more promise than Duv. But hey, the ole eyeball test on 3 plays means a lot!
The original point is what they've shown as wide receivers, not on special teams. And I think it's fair to say you saw something on those 3 snaps that looked better than anything Duvernay showed, while noting that it was only based on 3 snaps.

Reactions: cdp

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I am still having problems understanding how 3 plays/targets on the year and losing your PR job is enough sample size to see that he has more promise than Duv. But hey, the ole eyeball test on 3 plays means a lot!
you have to be very focused

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I think vikings will be a great matchup too.. i wouldnt count them out as far as been terrible like last season.. lot of injuries and players who sat out

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ravens have announced they signed 9 rookies to participate in rookie minicamp. So does this mean they're try-outs or are they true UDFAs?

jboy19

Pro Bowler
https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/ravens-steelers-browns-bengals-schedule-2021-record-prediction

This mf has us losing back to back to the lions and Broncos, AND losing to the dolphins. Like if one of those happens, I won’t be too shocked, but I’d really be shocked if all 3 of those losses happen.

I'm not going to drag him too hard because I think his rationale is reasonable and makes sense, but it's really strange to me that he has the Ravens as the only AFCN team losing to the Lions.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I mean......this IS the NFL where anything can happen on any given Sunday. We lost to an EJ Manuel-led Bills when the rest of the division were able to beat them.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I mean......this IS the NFL where anything can happen on any given Sunday. We lost to an EJ Manuel-led Bills when the rest of the division were able to beat them.
Remember the Blaine Gabbert led Jags on Monday night?

JAAM

Hall of Famer
It’s so weird feeling confident about beating up on bad teams now that we have Lamar who has a chip on his shoulder, whereas Joe was so nonchalant lol. Not saying Joe didn’t want to win obviously, but it’s almost like Lamar loves to feast on the bad teams

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It’s so weird feeling confident about beating up on bad teams now that we have Lamar who has a chip on his shoulder, whereas Joe was so nonchalant lol. Not saying Joe didn’t want to win obviously, but it’s almost like Lamar loves to feast on the bad teams

idk - for me it feels more like with joe we'd expect to beat bad teams but occasionally lay an egg, feel ok about having a chance in games against playoff teams as a constant underdog but ultimately we always lost to those teams (post 2012) unless they were division rivals...

with lamar we expect to win basically every game we play in no matter who we're playing - it's not just that we beat the hell out of bad teams (because joe did that too), but we go into big games as favourites and actually expect to win... and then do win mostly (often handsomely)

since lamar's taken over, we've never really been the true underdog more than a couple of times - with joe we were constantly the plucky upstart underdog dark horse type team

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
idk - for me it feels more like with joe we'd expect to beat bad teams but occasionally lay an egg, feel ok about having a chance in games against playoff teams as a constant underdog but ultimately we always lost to those teams (post 2012) unless they were division rivals...

with lamar we expect to win basically every game we play in no matter who we're playing - it's not just that we beat the hell out of bad teams (because joe did that too), but we go into big games as favourites and actually expect to win... and then do win mostly (often handsomely)

since lamar's taken over, we've never really been the true underdog more than a couple of times - with joe we were constantly the plucky upstart underdog dark horse type team
Nothing against Joe, but I love that Lamar plays with a chip on his shoulder as you mentioned. We went a season in a half without winning a game by more than 1 touchdown or something like that. That doesn't happen anymore.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Remember the Blaine Gabbert led Jags on Monday night?
*TRIGGERED*

wiMV1q.gif