• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Sizzle countdown

K-Dog

MVP
It would be pretty easy to speculate that Sizzle is the next great Raven to leave the flock.
I don't know what is left on his contract.
I don't know if he will leave on his own or an injury will dictate that.
I don't know if he will retire a Raven or he will seek a twilight payday somewhere else.

If there is ever a RAVENS Mount Rushmore Sizzle will be on there no doubt. No telling when, but father time is undefeated.
How much longer do you think Sizzle will be with us?
How do you think he is going to retire ?

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I think he'll retire a Raven. He seems to bleed black and purple.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I really think that this may be his last season. His body is starting to break down under the pressure and grind. We need the team to send him out in Ray Lewis fashion.....on top after winning another Super Bowl!

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think suggs will want to emulate ray so if a good team with pieces emerges and we finish on top he may retire even if he feels he has something left - very few players get to leave on top - ed reed regressed in to obscurity, payton manning was a shell of his former self when he won the superbowl

i have a feeling though that suggs will keep going for a bit longer just to pay back the steelers for keeping james harrison around for so long... maybe he and marshal yanda end up retiring together or something lol

wrongbaldy

Practice Squad
i agree i think this is his last season, he looked kinda slow last year. dont think his speed will come back.
hopefully he can take the pass rushers under his wing this year

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
I think at the MOST, two years. This could be his last. All we need him to say is, "I told my team this is my last ride." Then we're guaranteed super bowl champs.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Suggs probably retires after this year. He is a raven but if he could win a championship with a young contending powerhouse team like raiders falcons he may play a year as a mix player leader

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Suggs probably retires after this year. He is a raven but if he could win a championship with a young contending powerhouse team like raiders falcons he may play a year as a mix player leader
i think suggs is more likely a ravens lifer... i dont see him going elsewhere - i think its more likely that if the ravens dont want him anymore he decides its time to hang it up
i think suggs is aware of how close to the end he is and he'll try and go out on his own terms - that being said im not sure he only has 1 year left given how good he was despite being the only functional 3 down OLB we had and given that he played injured for almost all of the year

jimjim5

Practice Squad
Suggs looked good, but slower last year. Those new young, quick OLB's, DE's including Judon will give him life. No way he retires this year.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Can Suggs just play forever? My heart can't handle the fact we will see a Raven Defense without Lewis, Reed, Ngata, and now Suggs

K-Dog

MVP
Yeah and I thought Ed was a lifer too....
But man he got PAID !!!

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think this may very well be his final year. He's getting up there man and if he does retire it won't be his last ride but it'll be the final movie in the horror series.

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
I think it depends on whether he's willing to take a back seat and a diminished role to benefit the team beyond this year. And possibly a paycut next year. If he were on board with that I could see him playing for us in 2018 and it would hopefully keep him healthy too.

He can still produce if fresh but his body doesnt allow him play 1000 snaps anymore, last season he played 2/3 of the defensive snaps and still looked tired at times. With all the young rushers on our team now we can keep Suggs on fresh legs.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
He can still produce if fresh but his body doesnt allow him play 1000 snaps anymore, last season he played 2/3 of the defensive snaps and still looked tired at times. With all the young rushers on our team now we can keep Suggs on fresh legs.
some of that is going to be down to the injury, the lack of help and the constant time of possession deficit - now he may well be slowing down as well but i think there were some extenuating circumstances that suggest he still could have ability to change the game for more than just 1 more year