• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Sizzle countdown

some of that is going to be down to the injury, the lack of help and the constant time of possession deficit - now he may well be slowing down as well but i think there were some extenuating circumstances that suggest he still could have ability to change the game for more than just 1 more year

I hope his body holds up because he still has it. I think another positive is his love for the game hasnt eroded.

K-Dog

MVP
All that said, his love for filmmaking could play a big role in his retirement schedule.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think this may very well be his final year. He's getting up there man and if he does retire it won't be his last ride but it'll be the final movie in the horror series.
Unfortunately this is very possible. I'd love to see him play through 2018 though.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Suggs probably retires this year. Williams and Judon should be ready to play full time next yr. Suggs is 35 this yr. This could be the year he is a shell of the Suggs everybody knows. Judon only needed to get in shape and his endurance to NFL par. Tim Williams only needs to get a little stronger to be a full time stand up edge rusher. Very fortunate to get Williams in round 3. I don't think much of Correa. Judon and Tim Williams will be the difference makers. Suggs is as good a mentor as there is around league.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think he has two more years unless we somehow win the SB this year. It will be a sad day when he retires; one of the all-time great Ravens.

jdynamite

Ravens Ring of Honor
Suggs the pass rusher probably has 1 maybe 2 decent years left him.

But Suggs is so good against the run, he could play 3 more years easily and help a defense.

his impact would be similar to Bruce Smith at the end of his career, or current Julius Peppers he'd occasionally make a great solo play for a sack, but still be a factor in the game regardless.

Heck last year, he played great against the run with one arm.

The Raven

Veteran
I think suggs will want to emulate ray so if a good team with pieces emerges and we finish on top he may retire even if he feels he has something left - very few players get to leave on top - ed reed regressed in to obscurity, payton manning was a shell of his former self when he won the superbowl

i have a feeling though that suggs will keep going for a bit longer just to pay back the steelers for keeping james harrison around for so long... maybe he and marshal yanda end up retiring together or something lol

I don't think my heart could handle that

usmccharles

Practice Squad
Just wish the guy would of taken care of his body. I dont know his routine in the off-season but everyone knows he shows up out of shape. He reminds me of one of those guys that just has those genetics and doesn't really work to improve their body until they have to.