• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Europe Is My City

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
So those of you who know me well know that I am going to be studying abroad in Seville Spain from January 10th-May 25th.

So. I have questions. I obviously want to spend a decent amount of time in Seville.

So here is a list of places I am going to visit OUTSIDE OF SPAIN(A good friend of mine is going to be in Barcelona, so I will be visiting her from time to time. Also have friends in Granada, Madrid, etc).

So here's a list of places I want to visit. Money isn't an object(I've been saving for a long while) but I obviously don't want to be spending a ton of money everywhere I go.

1. London, England. Will be going here regardless. Gordon Ramsay's restaurant is somewhere I'll be going on my 20th birthday. London eye is also on my list. Guiness and fish and chips.
2. Paris, France. Also on my must visit. Have a little something planned for a friend of mine. Is Disneyland Paris worth a visit?
3. Dublin, Ireland: On St. Patrick's Day. Needless to say that I am not going to remember this place.
4. Rome, Italy: When in Rome? Any places?
5. Alamafi Coast, Italy
6. Prague, Czech Republic. I don't want to go here but a friend of mine does. Sacrafices must be made.
7. Bordeaux, France- WINE COUNTRY

Any other places? I feel like this is a solid list of places I want to go to. Only guarentee for me is England.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Prague is somewhere a lot of my friends have gone to and have said it’s a place they really enjoyed seeing and being in

I’d also recommend Croatia although it’s probably better in the summer

Also dunno whether you fancy partying or anything but Budapest in Hungary is a good night out now

London is great - Gordon Ramsey I think has a couple of different restaurants so might be worth double checking which one it is you’re going to for your birthday

Don’t feel obliged to drink Guiness while in London lol (that’s much more Irish) but fish and chips is a good British food dish (albeit London ain’t actually by the sea) - a more local London cuisine is probably an Indian takeaway lol

London eye is cool (I’m scared of heights though) but having a wander round that area is a nice place to chill out

Dunno how interested in history you are but if you stay in northern France there’s so much ww1 and ww2 stuff still there - the trenches are harrowing especially at the Somme among other places around there - as well as the beaches at Normandy

If you can Germany is also probably a good place to go - Berlin or Munich are decent destinations

Barcelona is incredible btw

Also not sure it’s as interesting for your own travels but I myself and my family are looking at going to Portugal some time next year - I’ve been to Porto and thought it was amazing so we’re going to Lisbon

Also happy hunting because in a lot of places in Europe there’s such cheap alcohol it makes its own case for prohibition lol

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Prague is somewhere a lot of my friends have gone to and have said it’s a place they really enjoyed seeing and being in

I’d also recommend Croatia although it’s probably better in the summer

Also dunno whether you fancy partying or anything but Budapest in Hungary is a good night out now

London is great - Gordon Ramsey I think has a couple of different restaurants so might be worth double checking which one it is you’re going to for your birthday

Don’t feel obliged to drink Guiness while in London lol (that’s much more Irish) but fish and chips is a good British food dish (albeit London ain’t actually by the sea) - a more local London cuisine is probably an Indian takeaway lol

London eye is cool (I’m scared of heights though) but having a wander round that area is a nice place to chill out

Dunno how interested in history you are but if you stay in northern France there’s so much ww1 and ww2 stuff still there - the trenches are harrowing especially at the Somme among other places around there - as well as the beaches at Normandy

If you can Germany is also probably a good place to go - Berlin or Munich are decent destinations

Barcelona is incredible btw

Also not sure it’s as interesting for your own travels but I myself and my family are looking at going to Portugal some time next year - I’ve been to Porto and thought it was amazing so we’re going to Lisbon

Also happy hunting because in a lot of places in Europe there’s such cheap alcohol it makes its own case for prohibition lol
I'm not much of a party drinker and am far more of a social drinker. So that works for me.

If there was any money in being a history teacher that's what I'd be.. So I might want to visit Normandy and other places. But that's for me and my dad to do.

You're a local in London I take it... Best hole in the wall places? As much as I like touristy areas I like going where the locals go. That's usually where the best food is.

As for it. My dad has eaten at Savoy Grille, but I have always wanted to try Restaurant Gordon Ramsay. It has Michelan Stars.

Tank

Hall of Famer
So those of you who know me well know that I am going to be studying abroad in Seville Spain from January 10th-May 25th.

So. I have questions. I obviously want to spend a decent amount of time in Seville.

So here is a list of places I am going to visit OUTSIDE OF SPAIN(A good friend of mine is going to be in Barcelona, so I will be visiting her from time to time. Also have friends in Granada, Madrid, etc).

So here's a list of places I want to visit. Money isn't an object(I've been saving for a long while) but I obviously don't want to be spending a ton of money everywhere I go.

1. London, England. Will be going here regardless. Gordon Ramsay's restaurant is somewhere I'll be going on my 20th birthday. London eye is also on my list. Guiness and fish and chips.
2. Paris, France. Also on my must visit. Have a little something planned for a friend of mine. Is Disneyland Paris worth a visit?
3. Dublin, Ireland: On St. Patrick's Day. Needless to say that I am not going to remember this place.
5. Alamafi Coast, Italy
6. Prague, Czech Republic. I don't want to go here but a friend of mine does. Sacrafices must be made.

Any other places? I feel like this is a solid list of places I want to go to. Only guarentee for me is England.
So where/when will you study? lol

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
So where/when will you study? lol
I'll be traveling on weekends using budget airlines and my friend and I will likely split hotel fare.
I'll be studying at the University in Seville Spain through an organization called CIEE. I am really excited as I've never been outside of the country before

Tank

Hall of Famer
I'll be traveling on weekends using budget airlines and my friend and I will likely split hotel fare.
I'll be studying at the University in Seville Spain through an organization called CIEE. I am really excited as I've never been outside of the country before
Nice! I know you will enjoy it. What are you studying?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
You're a local in London I take it... Best hole in the wall places? As much as I like touristy areas I like going where the locals go. That's usually where the best food is.

haha london's huge dude - and pretty much everywhere is gonna be packed with tourists on a weekend but id normally abide by those rules - it really depends where in london you'll be to be honest it's that big a city

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I hear it's beautiful.

Just can't afford to go there... Prices in Switzerland are absurd...

That said. An opportunity for an Archer quote is one I must always take.

View attachment 292

the reason switzerland is so expensive is because they pay everyone so much money and therefore people can afford higher prices - obviously makes it harder for visitors but a swiss friend of mine used to go back and work during the summers and stay on sofas because of how much money they'd pay and then he'd come back to the uk and be rich

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

5. Alamafi Coast, Italy

Why don’t you want to go to Prague. This city is amazing. Everything is cheap here and they have good beer. It’s a fun city. Dubrovnik is also incredible. Dubrovnik is known as Venice of the south. It’s a very pretty city. Speaking of Venice, when you are in Italy, try to go to Venice. Now this is an expensive city, but it’s amazing. Venice is one of the most beautiful cities I’ve been to. As you know I’ve done extensive traveling, visited about 37 countries.

In Ireland go to the Guiness storehouse and Jameson’s. When you go on the London eye, purchase rhe tickets ahead of time ams take it at night. Amazing views. Don’t worry about the changing of the guards. That’s just a tourist attraction. Also in London, you have to go to www.choccywoccydoodah.com.

Oh and last but not least. When in London, when crossing the street, remember to look right.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Dubrovnik is also incredible. Dubrovnik is known as Venice of the south. It’s a very pretty city.

i spent 4 days in dubrovnik this june and never felt more luxurious in my life - it is a really expensive place to visit though but absolutely one of the most breathtaking places ive ever been or come across - and there's a couple of secret bars outside the old city walls that have the most incredible views as the sun goes down

Don’t worry about the changing of the guards. That’s just a tourist attraction.

and 100% agree with this - avoid it like the plague - it's annoying, and the guys who are there literally are only there as a ceremonial tourist attraction at this point

like never do the guide book stuff in london where it says go to "so and so street" because tbh it's just a street in central london and londoners genuinely only go to these places if they have a destination in mind - that would be my main tip in london - go somewhere with a destination in mind unless you are already at a "destination" like hyde park or something that you're supposed to wander around - so many tourists stop in regent street or oxford street or whatever and i always wonder why... they're just busy shopping streets that happen to be right next to each other

yeah so to reiterate dont bother with the changing of the guards, book tickets in advance (where possible) and if you do want to go to famous streets in central london, plan your route to get somewhere via them rather than going for the sake of going...

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i spent 4 days in dubrovnik this june and never felt more luxurious in my life - it is a really expensive place to visit though but absolutely one of the most breathtaking places ive ever been or come across - and there's a couple of secret bars outside the old city walls that have the most incredible views as the sun goes down

and 100% agree with this - avoid it like the plague - it's annoying, and the guys who are there literally are only there as a ceremonial tourist attraction at this point

like never do the guide book stuff in london where it says go to "so and so street" because tbh it's just a street in central london and londoners genuinely only go to these places if they have a destination in mind - that would be my main tip in london - go somewhere with a destination in mind unless you are already at a "destination" like hyde park or something that you're supposed to wander around - so many tourists stop in regent street or oxford street or whatever and i always wonder why... they're just busy shopping streets that happen to be right next to each other

yeah so to reiterate dont bother with the changing of the guards, book tickets in advance (where possible) and if you do want to go to famous streets in central london, plan your route to get somewhere via them rather than going for the sake of going...

Also, @Lost_In_Translation , if you go to Stonehenge, don’t lean on the rocks like Chevy Chase did.