• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Playoff Picture

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
that's not how it works im afraid because the pats game they play next week doesnt count towards the common games tiebreaker - so we wont actually find out who's in til week 17 - to be sure we have to win both of our last 2 games im afraid (if we dont we have to rely on the bills losing to the dolphins in week 17)
This is very true, I was thinking conference record

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
So how does the Titan loss help us ? They still have the Rams and Jaguars to play so they could lose out easily.
Coming into this week I expected them to lose 2 of the remaining 3 games. With the, losing this week and one of the next two we could end up with the 5 seed with a Bills loss.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
I've always thought it was pretty cool that the Ravens have earned the reputation as the team you don't want to play against in the playoffs. And it has been that way since Harbaugh took over.

I listen to the analysts and they all say the same thing. That the Ravens can go into NE or Pitt and win. Or anywhere else for that matter. If we don't get any respect in the regular season, we certainly get it towards the post season.

So the Titans play the Rams and the Bills play the Pats, both are tough games for the Titans and Bills. But if they both lose and we win, we're in?
If we are tied with Bills at 9-7 and their loss is v. NE they get in based on strength of victory tiebreak. If their loss is v MIA we get in based on common games. So we have to win out or hope for help in week 17.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I've always thought it was pretty cool that the Ravens have earned the reputation as the team you don't want to play against in the playoffs. And it has been that way since Harbaugh took over.

I listen to the analysts and they all say the same thing. That the Ravens can go into NE or Pitt and win. Or anywhere else for that matter. If we don't get any respect in the regular season, we certainly get it towards the post season.
Steelers and patriots can also go into any team stadium and win doesnt mean they will.. tbh i dnt remember NE losing an away game in a while other than the mia loss the other week, but other than that they were on an impressive streak

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I mean, Ronnie Stanley ain’t no slouch lol
yea but he is not ramsey! Ramsey cant be replaced. Im sure we wouldve easily found someone to fill the LT, however thats a whole different chain of events so im just gonna leave it at Ramsey vs stanley and id 100% rather have ramsey

rossihunter2

Staff Member
yea but he is not ramsey! Ramsey cant be replaced. Im sure we wouldve easily found someone to fill the LT, however thats a whole different chain of events so im just gonna leave it at Ramsey vs stanley and id 100% rather have ramsey

why would we have easily found a LT? it's one of the hardest positions to find in a league filled with poor quality oline play - if anything he's way more valuable than a cb - and we got marlon humphrey this year who's been pretty damn good for a rookie corner

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
For some odd reason I'd love to see the Ravens get @ those Jaguars. Maybe to right that wrong in London? Plus the Jaguars are inexperienced when it comes to that playoffs atmosphere.
I’m with you Mili. I think the D will be motivated to not allow Bortles to torch them again. Fornette is scary but they should be made one dimensional. Consequently I think the offense should also be motivated to outdo their shutout performance. The O has been trending in the right direction for sure, but our WRs vs their secondary is not a good look. Alex Collins could be the difference, I’m assuming we won’t need to score 40 to win this time around.

Chiefs scare me more than Jax, but honestly who knows. If this team is going to win a super bowl then they should be able to beat either.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Steelers and patriots can also go into any team stadium and win doesnt mean they will.. tbh i dnt remember NE losing an away game in a while other than the mia loss the other week, but other than that they were on an impressive streak
Not true, the Steeelrs have thoroughly demonstrated they cannot beat NE in any avenue.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If we are tied with Bills at 9-7 and their loss is v. NE they get in based on strength of victory tiebreak. If their loss is v MIA we get in based on common games. So we have to win out or hope for help in week 17.
however if both teams win out, I believe the Ravens are in, due to common games. The Bills lost to the Bengals earlier in the season.

Last edited:

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
why would we have easily found a LT? it's one of the hardest positions to find in a league filled with poor quality oline play - if anything he's way more valuable than a cb - and we got marlon humphrey this year who's been pretty damn good for a rookie corner
hump is no where near ramsey like its not even close! Stanley is an avg LT right now.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
hump is no where near ramsey like its not even close! Stanley is an avg LT right now.

stanley is a much better than average left tackle - and if we didnt have stanley where would we have got a left tackle from - or are you happy with having a turnstile on joe's left side? the 2016 draft at the top was one of the strongest oline drafts in recent memory the 2017 draft was one of the strongest deepest defensive back drafts in recent memory and weakest oline drafts ever...

now tell me again where we magically find a left tackle from?