• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: Odafe Jayson Oweh

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
You really think Clowney would have put up that number of sacks on that line? Clowney had a damn good line when he was in the early years of his career (like Sweat) and never had that many sacks until his 4th year.... Sweat is just now coming into his 3rd.
yes, I think he's a better all around player than Sweat by a long shot. Although I'll give it to Sweat that he is only going into year three and it's been a while since Clowney has had a decent season sacks wise. You have to consider the pressures the Clowney gets, excluding last season.

Last edited:

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
yes, I think he's a better all around player than Sweat by a long shot. Although I'll give it to Sweat that he is only going into year three and it's been a while since Clowney has had a decent season sacks wise. You have to consider the pressures the Clowney gets.

See the latest comment edit I made. You hear more about Clowney on ESPN than Sweat, which is why Clowney is always overrated. But that's fine

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
See the latest comment edit I made. You hear more about Clowney on ESPN than Sweat, which is why Clowney is always overrated. But that's fine
he's definitely overrated in the sacks department as he's never had a double digit sack performance. However as an all around player imo he is better than Sweat.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
You really think Clowney would have put up that number of sacks on that line? Clowney had a damn good line when he was in the early years of his career (like Sweat) and never had that many sacks until his 4th year.... Sweat is just now coming into his 3rd.

Matter of fact, if we give any credence at all to PFF scores, Clowney took years to ever get above the grade that Sweat put up in Sweat's 2nd year. Some of ya'll put more faith into name value alone than actual value and play
Clowney definitely took a while to come into his own, no question about that.