• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2021 Schedule Release

JO_75

Hall of Famer
In terms of leaks, this one comes from a Broncos beatwriter. Ravens @ Broncos in week 4, Sunday 4:25 kickoff. Puts our two "west coast" trips in the first month.

Incoming Steelers fans complaints when they have to travel west late in the year lol.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think it remains to be seen what they look like on offense. I think their Oline may be weakened, but then again, there's no way they take a RB in the first round and then throw it 600 times again. They'll be a much more balanced offense, which in my opinion, will lead to a better offense.

I actually think it'll be their defense, which won't be bad, but it will take a step back. They lost a couple starters in the secondary and obviously Dupree. They're still pretty pedestrian at inside linebacker to me, and I think they'll struggle to stop the run. They added virtually nobody to help with this either.

5 wins is quite low in my opinion, because I just don't think they had nearly the roster turnover to drop that far, but I don't think they'll be a playoff team either.

When you watched them last year you went "that team is not very good" and they honestly had a record as good as they did because they got to play against the NFC East. That team they were last year got worse. Big Ben looked bad last year and I do not see why he would look better and with a worse OLine I cannot imagine them being better at running the ball. Also I do agree the defense will be worse, but I thought they had a top tier defense and so even with turnover I cant imagine them not being a tier 2 defense (though it is certainly possible they fall further than that) just because they still have some big playmakers.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
How are they worse than last year?

Lost 2/5 of their OLine, aging QB is a year older and the weapons which were not great did not get better.

On defense they lost multiple starters which means they will most certainly take a step back. Combine that with the fact that they do not get to play the NFC East this year and it looks like a recipe for a really bad year. If you look at their 8 road opponents, I would argue they are going to be worse than all 8 by a substantive margin.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Lost 2/5 of their OLine, aging QB is a year older and the weapons which were not great did not get better.

On defense they lost multiple starters which means they will most certainly take a step back. Combine that with the fact that they do not get to play the NFC East this year and it looks like a recipe for a really bad year. If you look at their 8 road opponents, I would argue they are going to be worse than all 8 by a substantive margin.

and more to the point, at the end of the year they looked far removed from the team that won the first 11 games... and finished the year 1-5 down the stretch and into the playoffs

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Ravens vs Bears in Week 11 according to the leaked full Bears schedule. Be that whether Andy Dalton is still the starter or if Justin Fields is the starter by that point. Bears play Pittsburgh on the road on MNF in Week 9 but get a bye before facing us. Go figure.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Well I mean Ben is a year older, didn't look particularly good last year, their offensive line is likely to be worse, and again, they lost some good players on defense, while not really adding anybody of note.

Plus, for the last like 5-6 weeks of the season last year (including playoffs), I would argue they were one of like the 5 worst teams in the league.

Like I can't completely ignore the fact that they started 11-0, but from December forward, they were a very below average football team.

Their last 7 games, including playoffs, they went 2-5, with one of those wins coming against the Ravens, by 5, at home, against a team that was ravaged by COVID. They got blown out by Buffalo, lost by double digits to Cincinnati (without Burrow), and then got pounded by Cleveland in the playoffs.

And outside of adding a RB, I'm not sure why they'd be much better than that same group. Like I said earlier... I think they'll be better on offense just by being more balanced and less predictable, but I don't think they'll be a top defense this year either.
I'm one that never believes it's as bad as it seems or as good as it seems. It appeared that the Steelers had two different seasons last year. The first 11 games and the remaining five. I never bought into the hype of their 11-0. They just didn't look very good. I feel they are somewhere in between those two.

I think they end up 7-10 or 8-9 at best.

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Additional "leaks" for Ravens...
https://twitter.com/BarstoolBanks?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Ravens vs Chiefs Week 2
Ravens vs Vikings Week 9
Ravens at LA Chargers Week 6

If it holds, that would mean playing all AFC West before the end of week 6. Likely lead to a backloaded divisional schedule in the second half.

I hate playing the Chiefs this early. Mahomes has never lost in September and he has't thrown an interception either. That being said.....

Go Ravens!

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
From the leaked schedule I saw it literally could not get worse for me in games possible to go to. Week 2 vs chiefs would likely be crazy expensive and that’s the only home game before school starts for me. The only weekend I can’t go see my friend in Boulder is week 4 and that’s when it’s rumored.. also I have family in Cleveland and Pittsburgh but we conveniently miss them playing Cleveland 3 days before I get on break and in Pittsburgh 4 days before I go back to school. For fucks sake.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
To add, our 3 Preseason games are:

Preseason Week 1: vs Saints
Preseason Week 2: @ Panthers
Preseason Week 3: @ Washington

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Did they only release tickets in the 500 section? That's all I'm seeing for the games. Since Vegas is out of the question, going to try for Sunday Night Football against Cleveland but only 500 section is available.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

This is all true and I don’t think the Steelers are gonna be a good team or have a good year, but I think they’re gonna be annoying af and hang around til the last 2 weeks or so. The way we used to in the second half of the flacco era. The Steelers essentially feel like the 2016/17 ravens right now

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I hate that we have to play the Chiefs early in the season again. That's gonna be a very stressful night.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Got my tickets to the Sunday Night game against Cleveland in November. Section 528 for now but if good priced tickets come available in the lower sections prior I may look at them.

I hate that we have to play the Chiefs early in the season again. That's gonna be a very stressful night.

I hate that too, you would think the league would have wanted that later in the season given the playoff implications in that game.

CanadianRavensFan

Practice Squad
I find it so weird that we haven't played the steelers in primetime since 2018. Also can the NFL stop scheduling us to play KC in September? I want to play mahomes late in the season not at the beginning of the season.