• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Edgar four round rough mock(mix)

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
1) JOSH ALLEN, QB WYOMING
Absolutely first rate arm. On par with or probably superior to any QB currently in the NFL.

Legs are a threat and will get you one or two conversions on third down each game

Crazy escapes are routinely on display.....very tough to bring down.
Accurate thrower on the run.....a play making leader. Comfortable under center ...runs a pro style offense.
Watch even a bad game and it's obvious he's an NFL quarterback with rare talent and throwing ability.

2) ANTHONY MILLER, WR MEMPHIS
A tough sure handed receiver that will make silly catches and then outrun the defender.
Can play the slot and play outside. Good route runner that will draw comparison to Antonio Brown...it isn't that far fetched. Difficult to cover.

3) MICHAEL GESICKI, TE PENN STATE
A pass catching miss match. Former basketball player well versed in boxing out a defender and will sky to make reception

3) MICHAEL DIETER, C WISCONSIN
Have watched him in live action only as film seems scarce but is ultra tough and athletic. Just buries guys on the second level. Can and has played guard.
Can step right in for a departed Jensen.

4) JOSEY JEWELL, ILB IOWA
Makes plays. Big hitter. Haven't studied him extensively but he's everywhere any time I've seen Iowa play.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
josh allen i think is still likely going near the top 10 at worst - so im not sure we get near that pick even if we lose most of the rest of our games

not sure jensen will be let go given that he's become a premier centre

anthony miller would have me so excited though

rossihunter2

Staff Member
No. He won't unless we lay eggs. But if he is we better not pass.
I'd certainly entertain a trade up to get him.

i wouldnt - depending on who else is available he might not be best player available when he's there - idk - he's not josh rosen or sam darnold that's for sure

and id take a number of players ahead of him

that said even if he lays eggs, his evaluation is pretty much finished at this point and his grade is virtually nailed on at this point and he should be going top 15 at worst... likely around the top 10 especially with all the qb needy teams

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
i wouldnt - depending on who else is available he might not be best player available when he's there - idk - he's not josh rosen or sam darnold that's for sure

and id take a number of players ahead of him

that said even if he lays eggs, his evaluation is pretty much finished at this point and his grade is virtually nailed on at this point and he should be going top 15 at worst... likely around the top 10 especially with all the qb needy teams
If you prefer another quarterback to him, that's one particular. You'd be making a mistake to pass on him for another position.
He will go top five.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
If you prefer another quarterback to him, that's one particular. You'd be making a mistake to pass on him for another position.
He will go top five.

well if he's going top 5 we dont have a chance at him
id also prefer some players at other positions to him at other positions who will be more realistically there too...
im of the opinion we give joe one last chance with a new coordinator, a healthy oline and some weapons - if he shits the bed even then... then we can get out of the deal at the end of next season (lots of dead cap but doesnt lose us space) or the season after...

there's no point bringing in a new qb high only to have marty coordinate for him with a flawed (but ok) oline and nothing solid at receiver (seemingly)

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
well if he's going top 5 we dont have a chance at him
id also prefer some players at other positions to him at other positions who will be more realistically there too...
im of the opinion we give joe one last chance with a new coordinator, a healthy oline and some weapons - if he shits the bed even then... then we can get out of the deal at the end of next season (lots of dead cap but doesnt lose us space) or the season after...

there's no point bringing in a new qb high only to have marty coordinate for him with a flawed (but ok) oline and nothing solid at receiver (seemingly)
There's definitely a point to bringing in a quarterback with or without Marty( can't imagine it will be with).
As to Joe; one more chance is fine but what then? You get one more pretty good year?

If there's a guy who you think is franchise, take him or trade up to get him.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
There's definitely a point to bringing in a quarterback with or without Marty( can't imagine it will be with).
As to Joe; one more chance is fine but what then? You get one more pretty good year?

If there's a guy who you think is franchise, take him or trade up to get him.

if there's a guy you think is franchise yes - but if you think he's franchise then 100% he's going top 10 at least

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
if there's a guy you think is franchise yes - but if you think he's franchise then 100% he's going top 10 at least
Go get him. Rams gave the mother load and one year later.....I'm not resigned to waiting in hopes that Joe can turn it around. And who is to say he couldn't give you another good year...... WITH A first round quarterback drafted..... even with relinquishing future picks?

I'd be for that.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Go get him. Rams gave the mother load and one year later.....I'm not resigned to waiting in hopes that Joe can turn it around. And who is to say he couldn't give you another good year...... WITH A first round quarterback drafted..... even with relinquishing future picks?

I'd be for that.

difference is the rams werent paying a fortune to a qb already
and we're a team that doesnt have a huge amount of cap space - we need rookies always to make our roster (and as many of them as possible)

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
difference is the rams werent paying a fortune to a qb already
and we're a team that doesnt have a huge amount of cap space - we need rookies always to make our roster (and as many of them as possible)
Yeah. That's a difference. But no, it would not dissuade me from trading up. Certainly not from taking one if he fell in our lap.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I thought the, " he'll be gone before we pick" critique was reserved for post Christmas mocks as a courtesy. Haha