• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Edgar four round rough mock(mix)

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
The only game I watched of him last year really was against the Seahawks and despite the offense not doing anything I thought he did what he could and played pretty well. His OL just didn't give him time to settle, there was no running game for the defense to respect and his receivers dropped half a dozen of passes in the game.

If you're referring to my posts in the Joe Flacco thread, I'm not defending his play, but whatever people want to hope for he'll still be there next year and probably the year after that. It is what it is. He isn't a good QB and hasn't been since his playoff run. But there has been a guy named Gary Kubiak who has unveiled a very simple way to maximize his qualities and minimize his flaws. Flacco is a very rigid QB. He can't work in a system that isn't designed for everyone. He can work only in a Play Action, Bootleg based offense. On the rare occasions we've run this type of plays we've seen (at least I did) a very clear difference.
I'll stop there as it is off subject.
I watched a lot of the Rams because I love Todd Gurley. Nah, offensive line was garbage most of the time, but Goff was making a lot of his own problems.

I don't want to make this a Joe Flacco thread and I wasn't trying to do that. It was more that you could put Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins, Rob Gronkowski, Le'Veon Bell, and Antonio Brown out there to catch passes, but it won't make your quarterback good or top in the league if they have mechanical errors holding them back. If they can't set their feet and drive through throws or work through progressions, your receivers are useless.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
And what I mean is, what if Teddy Bridgewater is your top ranked player. Do you draft him to this current team knowing he cannot make use of your deep ball receivers?

for me its BPA plain and simple - if the qb is the BPA this year then we take him, if not then we role with joe and hopefully get some weapons and if joe continues to be a shitshow then next year when you can financially start thinking about getting rid of him you shunt qbs higher up your board...

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
for me its BPA plain and simple - if the qb is the BPA this year then we take him, if not then we role with joe and hopefully get some weapons and if joe continues to be a shitshow then next year when you can financially start thinking about getting rid of him you shunt qbs higher up your board...
I think fit is very important in the evaluation. It's how the Seahawks and the Falcons have developped playoffs roster in a few years.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think fit is very important in the evaluation. It's how the Seahawks and the Falcons have developped playoffs roster in a few years.

of course - for example this year on my board 1 dimensional speed freaks at receiver were ranked lower than more physical guys generally because of fit and our existing roster - it always comes into play - but i generally lump fit into BPA (kind of just an overarching way of saying highest on the board which naturally takes into account of many different aspects)