• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Countdown to Kickoff 2021

Tank

Hall of Famer
Been there since the days of Vinny Interceptorverde, the rookie years of Ray and JO and the 1st hit by Bennie Thompson our best special teams demon ever.
Me too Will. Those first years were so frustrating, scoring in bunches and zero D. That changed though, and it was pretty remarkable that we became so good so quick.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Me too Will. Those first years were so frustrating, scoring in bunches and zero D. That changed though, and it was pretty remarkable that we became so good so quick.

I do have to say my Dad has been a Ravens fan since they came to be. He was hit just as hard as the rest were when the Colts headed out. I was just 3 when they came in lol. Actually have a baby shirt (circa 93/94) with a Redskins shirt on because Dad loved football so much that he had to try to care about some other team to fill the void lol

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

All those nice picks we made on D in the beginning with Ray,Boulware,McAlister and Starks and other complimentary pieces like Kim Herring and Jamie Sharper made us a formidable D. Guess we didn't make any great picks on O except JO and Jamal lol.

I do have to say my Dad has been a Ravens fan since they came to be. He was hit just as hard as the rest were when the Colts headed out. I was just 3 when they came in lol. Actually have a baby shirt (circa 93/94) with a Redskins shirt on because Dad loved football so much that he had to try to care about some other team to fill the void lol

Funny I was a bigtime baseball fan growing and not much into football until we lost the Colts. Then I became a Raiders fan and a smalltime Bills fan mainly cuz of their 4 straight SB losses.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
All those nice picks we made on D in the beginning with Ray,Boulware,McAlister and Starks and other complimentary pieces like Kim Herring and Jamie Sharper made us a formidable D. Guess we didn't make any great picks on O except JO and Jamal lol.

Funny I was a bigtime baseball fan growing and not much into football until we lost the Colts. Then I became a Raiders fan and a smalltime Bills fan mainly cuz of their 4 straight SB losses.

Got ya, sometimes you don’t know what ya got till it’s gone

Tank

Hall of Famer
I grew up a Colts fan in Redskins country and tried to support the Skins when the Colts left just to have a team to root for. Never worked out, just couldn’t do it. When the Browns(I have a Baltimore Browns t shirt, never worn. haha) moved to Baltimore it was like football was born again for me.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I grew up a Colts fan in Redskins country and tried to support the Skins when the Colts left just to have a team to root for. Never worked out, just couldn’t do it. When the Browns(I have a Baltimore Browns t shirt, never worn. haha) moved to Baltimore it was like football was born again for me.

I think for Dad, he was a huge Joe Gibbs fan at the time, so it was slightly easier for him than for most to root for the Redskins as opposed to any other team. Wasn't a diehard but he rooted for their success.

I'm honestly in the minority here but I don't mind the WTF's that much. I kind of root for them to do well. Would be exciting to have a Ravens-WTF Super Bowl

Tank

Hall of Famer

A long drought at QB between Vinnie and Joe.

Frank Reich against the Oilers! lol Possibly the greatest comeback ever. Or maybe that’s the 2003 Ravens comeback against Seattle!
https://www.baltimoreravens.com/video/20th-season-moment-2003-comeback-vs-seattle-16487352

Tank

Hall of Famer
I think for Dad, he was a huge Joe Gibbs fan at the time, so it was slightly easier for him than for most to root for the Redskins as opposed to any other team. Wasn't a diehard but he rooted for their success.

I'm honestly in the minority here but I don't mind the WTF's that much. I kind of root for them to do well. Would be exciting to have a Ravens-WTF Super Bowl
I like them much more now than back then and sometimes root for them as well. Not next week though!

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
A long drought at QB between Vinnie and Joe.

Frank Reich against the Oilers! lol Possibly the greatest comeback ever. Or maybe that’s the 2003 Ravens comeback against Seattle!
https://www.baltimoreravens.com/video/20th-season-moment-2003-comeback-vs-seattle-16487352

Hell remember Frank Reich bringing Maryland back against the powerful Miami Hurricane? Come back king. I have to disagree a little about the drought since McNair did play well for us. Just had a horrible game against the Colts in the playoffs tho. We had a SB team right there.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Hell remember Frank Reich bringing Maryland back against the powerful Miami Hurricane? Come back king. I have to disagree a little about the drought since McNair did play well for us. Just had a horrible game against the Colts in the playoffs tho. We had a SB team right there.
They replayed that Maryland game not long ago on NBCSNW, I have it on my DVR. Crazy!
I can agree about Steve, but he was so beat up by the time he got to Baltimore that his body just gave out. What a gamer, few played with as much heart as Air McNair. That flak jacket he wore was ridiculous, made him look like he weighed 300 lbs.!

The comeback against Seattle was special. I was at a friend’s bday party and they had the game on in the family room. I was the lone Ravens fan at the party and everyone was ragging on me while they were getting whomped. I gave up and went outside to play a game of touch and escape the abuse. After a while somebody came out and got me and said I should come in to watch because the Ravens were coming back. What a great win!

Last edited:

Tank

Hall of Famer
upload_2021-8-23_13-28-21.png

This one's for K Dog.

21 Webby days to kickoff.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
During the Snyder era the Redskins couldn't draft there way out of a paper bag. They do seem to be turning things around a bit though.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
https:%2F%2Febonybird.com%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F08%2F9449353-nfl-preseason-carolina-panthers-baltimore-ravens-850x560.jpg

17 Jeremy Butler days until kickoff.

Lol I remember when people were upset we cut Butler like he was supposed to make some great impact. #17 was slim pickings but I think Mike Wallace has to take the spot. Also Doss who won a Super Bowl with us just hanging out on the sideline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk