• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The College Football Thread

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I heard it could be as early as 2024
That has got to be a mess sitting up the logistics between conferences and then ending the contracts for all the bowl games and Tv rights that went along with them.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
They should only move it to 8. 12 creates byes which only creates an unfair advantage when rankings are created by opinions.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
They should only move it to 8. 12 creates byes which only creates an unfair advantage when rankings are created by opinions.
I’d prefer 16. No byes

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’d prefer 16. No byes
Either or. I just dont want to see byes. They also need to get hold of the expanding conference deals. Adding USC and UCLA to the BIG 10 (which at one time consisted of 10 teams) is ridiculous. SEC is way too big too. Like to see it become more regional again> Seeing Pitt play WVU in what used to be the Backyard Brawl was nice but WVU playing teams like Texas and Kansas I mean give me a break.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Either or. I just dont want to see byes. They also need to get hold of the expanding conference deals. Adding USC and UCLA to the BIG 10 (which at one time consisted of 10 teams) is ridiculous. SEC is way too big too. Like to see it become more regional again> Seeing Pitt play WVU in what used to be the Backyard Brawl was nice but WVU playing teams like Texas and Kansas I mean give me a break.
Absolutely. It’s the same with Maryland . It is still so odd seeing them play Purdue or Indiana

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Pretty weak argument when you consider the losses and upsets up and down the top 10 in2021. Georgia was the only one loss team, beat by Bama , who also was beat by A&M…Also nearly identical game last year had Oregon beating #2 Ohio St. But hey some people are just born to be kill joys ….more fun for the rest of us

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Pretty weak argument when you consider the losses and upsets up and down the top 10 in2021. Georgia was the only one loss team, beat by Bama , who also was beat by A&M…Also nearly identical game last year had Oregon beating #2 Ohio St. But hey some people are just born to be kill joys ….more fun for the rest of us

i mean there's literally only like 1 school that's maybe recruiting at the level that bama and georgia are and that's ohio state - a&m's most recent class was apparently up there too

either way we're looking at no more than 4 or 5 teams with any relevance at the end of the year and it'll only ever be that large if another large program gets a 1st overall pick type of QB... whether the playoffs are 4 teams or 12, there's still only really gonna be 4 teams in it

there are very few teams that can physically match up with what georgia are putting out there

Last edited:

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
i mean there's literally only like 1 school that's maybe recruiting at the level that bama and georgia are and that's ohio state - a&m's most recent class was apparently up there too

either way we're looking at no more than 4 or 5 teams with any relevance at the end of the year and it'll only ever be that large if another large program gets a 1st overall pick type of QB... whether the playoffs are 4 teams or 12, there's still only really gonna be 4 teams in it

there are very few teams that can physically match up with what georgia are putting out there
NIL is changing the college football landscape and theres a reason Saban has been so outspoken against it this year. It will level the recruiting playing field as kids realize they can receive millions,legally, without having to to go through a Saban like system . Bama and Georgia will always bring top talent in but your going to see Miami, ND, USC, Texas, NC State, Texas A&M type teams suddenly become very competitive.

Last edited:

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
NIL is changing the college football landscape and theres a reason Saban has been so outspoken against it this year. It will level the recruiting playing field as kids realize they can receive millions,legally, without having to to go through a Saban like system . Bama and Georgia will always bring top talent in but your going to see Miami, ND, USC, Texas, NC State, Texas A&M type teams suddenly become very competitive.
I hope so. I miss my Miami's and both Fla's heydays. Other teams like Penn St, USC, Oklahoma, ND are others I can see benefitting. Division 1A (FBS) should really be cut down with some smaller conferences moving down to Div 1AA (FCS) ie MAC, Sun Belt and Mountain to bring up the level of this division. Reduce the bowls too. I can't see how some of them make money.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Hey Texas..... just ask us to send you Justin Tucker the next time you want to beat Alabama with a Game Winning Field Goal.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Saban lol