• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The College Football Thread

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I really wanted Cinci in the playoff to shake things up but there’s no way the committee should include them in the top 4 with all these near misses vs AAC teams. Top 10 after this weekend should be
1. Georgia
2. Alabama
3. Oklahoma
4. Oregon(assuming they hold off Wash)
5. Ohio st
6. Cinci
7. Norte Dame
8. Mich St
9. Mich
10. Oklahoma St

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I don't understand how 1) Michigan is ranked above Michigan St. and 2) Oregon is ranked above undefeated Cincinnati.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't understand how 1) Michigan is ranked above Michigan St. and 2) Oregon is ranked above undefeated Cincinnati.

The Mich/ Mich St ranking makes no sense. I completely understand the Oregon above Cinci though. I really want a new team in the mix but Cinci has looked like shit vs sub par AAC teams. I don’t feel like watching them get beat 45-17 vs Alabama or Georgia

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Well Michigan this year is having a great year And Jim has very emotional ties to them so I'm not sure if he's even interested in an NFL job and whether any GM wants to work with him but I wouldn't mind seeing his return. Imo he adds to the game but I don't believe there is a dream job here.

I also wanted to make a correction in my earlier post. It was was Kenneth Walker not Taylor. This guy is everything you want in a RB!!

Yes sir. Walker looks like rb1.

If we didn't draft Dobbins, I'd be wanting Walker next year. Going to be a stud, hopefully he goes to a NFC team.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I think after tonight, the Oregon/Cincinnati debate got more interesting. Bad loss for Oregon while Cincinnati remains undefeated.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think after tonight, the Oregon/Cincinnati debate got more interesting. Bad loss for Oregon while Cincinnati remains undefeated.

Things are going to get very interesting , especially is Michigan beats Ohio st or Alabama beats Georgia in the SEC championship

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Things are going to get very interesting , especially is Michigan beats Ohio st or Alabama beats Georgia in the SEC championship

I don't see anyone beating Georgia, I think they are going to win it all. Their defense is too good to lose I think.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't see anyone beating Georgia, I think they are going to win it all. Their defense is too good to lose I think.

Their defense is one of the greatest in college football history , but i think their offense, specifically QB, could fail them Vs a team like Bama or Ohio St.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Without a doubt last weekend was a major curve ball thrown at the selection committee with Oregon losing and when you look at the ACC and the PAC 12 their best will have 2 losses and let's say Alabama loses to either Auburn or Georgia in the finals. Another 2 loss team. Okla/Okla St I believe play another game (have to check schedule) since next week is rivalry week and the winner should get in. Ohio St/ Mich winner should also get in but of course they would have to also beat west division leader and if they lose dayum another league whose best is a 2 loss team. Cincy still has to prove it by beating Houston for the AAC championship and with an undefeated record could be the 1st non Big 5 team to make it. Notre Dame could be a long shot but remember they lost to Cincy.

Right now as it stands if Alabama wins it should be Georgia,Alabama,Ohio St/Mich winner and Okla?Ok St winner and if Alabama loses I think Cincy should get the 4th spot.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Right now as it stands if Alabama wins it should be Georgia,Alabama,Ohio St/Mich winner and Okla?Ok St winner and if Alabama loses I think Cincy should get the 4th spot.

We know a Georgia is in win or lose the SEC title game.

Assuming Alabama loses to Georgia , they still get in as a two loss team over ND, Mich, and Oklahoma St. The Bama bias is real with the committee

If Ohio st beats Michigan, which they should , they are going in as the#2 seed.

They really only leaves one spot up for Grabs between Ok St, ND, and Cinci. ND is likely out based on their head to head vs Cinic and lack of conference championship. If Ok st beats Oklahoma I’d put them in over Cinci based on States two top 10 wins compared to Cincis 1 top ten win.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
We know a Georgia is in win or lose the SEC title game.

Assuming Alabama loses to Georgia , they still get in as a two loss team over ND, Mich, and Oklahoma St. The Bama bias is real with the committee

If Ohio st beats Michigan, which they should , they are going in as the#2 seed.

They really only leaves one spot up for Grabs between Ok St, ND, and Cinci. ND is likely out based on their head to head vs Cinic and lack of conference championship. If Ok st beats Oklahoma I’d put them in over Cinci based on States two top 10 wins compared to Cincis 1 top ten win.

If Alabama gets in with 2 losses then......

splaining.jpg

JO_75

Hall of Famer
A WILD ANDREW LUCK APPEARS! This is his first public appearance since his retirement out of nowhere isn't it?

Last edited:

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I'm just sitting in my hotel room watching North Carolina vs NC State and a couple things stand out.

- Targeting was called but instantly reviewed to make sure the call was correct. Why doesn't the NFL do this with Roughing The Passer or PI?

- After a score by North Carolina, their whole sideline got too excited and was on the field. The ref gave them a sideline warning, no penalty yards, nothing that hurts momentum. Just a warning. So why can't taunting be handled this way? A warning for the first time before it escalates to impacting the game.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ohio st goes down…..

Bama on upset alert late in the third Qtr….

Should be a really interesting week for the selection committee. Really really hope Georgia beat Bama next week otherwise we’ll have a two loss Bama in the playoffs

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
HOLD THE FUCK UP….

Emil ekiyor, G from Alabama, who is an absolute stud, had his helmet ripped off mid play and continued to block, and got flagged 15 yards for it.

THIS SHIT WEAK AS FUCK

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
If Alabama gets in with 2 losses then......

View attachment 2964

I agree but the committee is bias toward Bama. Even if they lose to Auburn , if they beat Georgia in the SEC championship, I think they get in.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
First scoreless first half since 2000 for Alabama. Auburn leads 10-0, wow this is going to shake things up if Bama loses.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Auburn should have started running the ball there after that turnover on 4th. Start killing the clock but they threw an unnecessary interception instead.